Power Supply Cheap Realan Rgeek 24Pin 12V DC 450W Output Mini ITX Pico DC-DC ATX psu

coolmak231

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 31, 2018
RGEEK 450P 24Pin 12V DC Input Peak 450W Output Realan Mini ITX Pico PSU DC ATX PC Switch DC-DC ATX Power Supply For Computer

A 30 USD cheap Chinese psu from Realan its a good alternative to hdplex and g unique psu as those cost a hell lot more addition these psu use 12 volt dc input can be powered by various 12 volt adaptor or smps supply

i m personally using 250 watt psu from the same realan company as 450 watt wasn't available then, it has been 6 months so far working effortlessly so far using it with combination of a 12 volt 360 watt dc smps meant for led strips but working very nicely

here is link to my facebook page i have posted my build over there you can have a look if you like

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
What's the quality though? I'm all for cheaper components, but there is definitely a line to draw when powering a couple hundred dollars worth of equipment.

Reactions: thewizzard1

coolmak231

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 31, 2018
What's the quality though? I'm all for cheaper components, but there is definitely a line to draw when powering a couple hundred dollars worth of equipment.
using another model from same manufacturer using 250watt supply as of now not having any issue till date

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
I would have a hard time trusting that with 200W, nevermind 450.
Cheap looking 24-pin block, 2 wires on the 8-pin ATX 12V connector, 4 total wires on the 8-pin PCIe connector...

Yikes.

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
Curious about these but I'd definitely rewire one of these to similar to the gunique so more wires to carry the load and move the offending connectors to the other side to prevent ram interference

Reactions: thewizzard1

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
You know they're crap when they call it a "400w" unit but provide you with a max 10A input (5.5mm jack).

I'll be releasing a 200W continuous unit later this year. It will slot under the hdplex 160 in pricing, but no 6 pin pcie.

I think there is definitely a place for some of these cheaper units, but my own testing has shown that without a customized design you're looking at about 80W on anything that is $30 or cheaper.

Reactions: drppr

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
You know they're crap when they call it a "400w" unit but provide you with a max 10A input (5.5mm jack).

I'll be releasing a 200W continuous unit later this year. It will slot under the hdplex 160 in pricing, but no 6 pin pcie.

I think there is definitely a place for some of these cheaper units, but my own testing has shown that without a customized design you're looking at about 80W on anything that is $30 or cheaper.

That just means it's expecting 40V input.

I'll never understand why people don't simply power their rigs with 12V directly to the PCIe power, or via a physical switch. No need to run it through a DC:DC unit.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
That just means it's expecting 40V input.

I'll never understand why people don't simply power their rigs with 12V directly to the PCIe power, or via a physical switch. No need to run it through a DC:DC unit.

40V? :D the spec sheet definitely says 12v input... Hm...

No. If you run it straight off the power supply you get some unwanted behaviors. Usually LEDs and fan doesn't turn off.

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
That is another thing I'd switch out on my own.. Xt90 connector..

But I get folks that make the pico psu love running other than 12v but I see a option to use a old hulking atx psu as a brick for a dc/dc would be nice instead of buying some hard to track and rather costly 19+ volt bricks..

That and just wishing it was easier to get a unit like gurys gunique units that can handle.. A old 1045t and r9 fury nano (example as that's spares I have around)

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
So much win, I can't even \o/
It will be a perfect match for the meanwell 200W ! :D
Do you already have an idea of your goal concerning the available amp on the 12V rail ?

Yes, 17A rated. :)

The current J-HACK 160 is 14A rated, but it is split between the mobo (PCIe x16) and the CPU.

New one is 17A on all connectors. 200W continuous board power, 250W peak. Support will be USA based so you won't have problems with support and shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: DwarfLord

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
40V? :D the spec sheet definitely says 12v input... Hm...
That was a joke :)

And I've run a 1080 directly from a Dell PA2 for a couple of months, controlling the main power with an on/off switch. Didn't have any weirdness, but it was never on for more than a split second without the motherboard also being on.

Reactions: coolmak231

coolmak231

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 31, 2018

i disagree, you will get what you pay for you cant get 30 USD psu quality equivalent to a hdplex 400watt unit because the later has been crafted with lots of R&D hours into it thats why its so costly are its using costly caps as well

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
i disagree, you will get what you pay for you cant get 30 USD psu quality equivalent to a hdplex 400watt unit because the later has been crafted with lots of R&D hours into it thats why its so costly are its using costly caps as well

Literally agreeing with me. ;)

Maybe it's a cultural difference, but my sentence meant the same thing.

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015

Actually in the pic they have 2 of the 5.5mm jacks, so 20A max which still doesn't get you there and now you need a case with 2 jack holes.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Actually in the pic they have 2 of the 5.5mm jacks, so 20A max which still doesn't get you there and now you need a case with 2 jack holes.

Lol! Now I see that one. I was looking at this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000192417815.html?

To be honest, it is possible to do the whole dual PSU thing and do 240W max on the board. It's just so iffy. If they lie about "450W," you don't know if they're also lying about "240W."

Reactions: Piewalker