Production case SX1 6.8L / SX2 7.5L by Custom_MOD

dpigeaud

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2018
I'm interested in purchasing a 6.8L case, any idea of the earliest shipping after purchase? I live in the continental U.S.

crazydave48

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2017
I'm interested in purchasing a 6.8L case, any idea of the earliest shipping after purchase? I live in the continental U.S.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment. Ask for the latest possible shipping date after purchase. I LOOOVVVEEE my case but if you take some time and sift though the 40 pages of this thread, you'll learn that its a very lengthy process that usually takes longer than expected by several weeks.

To give you some actual info: My case shipped about a month after it was estimated to and then took 3.5 weeks to reach the midwest US from Ukraine.

Reactions: loader963

dpigeaud

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2018
Don't set yourself up for disappointment. Ask for the latest possible shipping date after purchase. I LOOOVVVEEE my case but if you take some time and sift though the 40 pages of this thread, you'll learn that its a very lengthy process that usually takes longer than expected by several weeks.

To give you some actual info: My case shipped about a month after it was estimated to and then took 3.5 weeks to reach the midwest US from Ukraine.

Thanks for the advice. I'm a college student and do have access to CNC/milling equipment at my school and I would love to purchase the plans from them (for personal use only) and just machine it myself.

Thanks again for the suggestion. It's a shame there are not very many SFF case designers/manufacturers in the US.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hello friends! We carefully read your feedback. We’re sorry some of you are having problems. You can always count on our support. Email us and we will help solve any problems.

So we present to you a new revision of the 4 cases of the SX mid 6.8L. We made some corrections to the design, checked it for compatibility. Of course work on improving the prod

novabum

What's an ITX?
Oct 30, 2018
Hi,

The case SX mid 6.8L rev.4 has space for a "GPU: length <278mm, height <140mm, width <44mm"
I currently have a GTX970 MSI gaming 4g. That is 277mm x 140mm x 35mm. Which is pretty close to its limits. Would you guys say that it's 100% that it fill fit?

Is there any way to order one now?

Thanks, Peter

browning

Efficiency Noob
Oct 29, 2018
Just got my SX stl but it had a dent so can't use an IO shield :(

browning

Efficiency Noob
Oct 29, 2018
Will you also be sending them a replacement case?
I've been talking with them over email, and I really don't need a replacement. I'm gonna try and fix it myself, and if I can't then its not a huge deal, IO shields aren't that important. I was more commenting to let them know that there might be problems with whoever they're shipping with.

Last edited:

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
I've been talking with them over email, and I really don't need a replacement. I'm gonna try and fix it myself, and if I can't then its not a huge deal, IO shields aren't that important. I was more commenting to let them know that there might be problems with whoever they're shipping with.

It looks like two small blocks of wood, masking tape plus a hammer or rubber mallet could fix it.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
case SXM stl 6.3L rev.2
Specs:
- Volume: 6.3L (260mm x 130mm x 187mm)
- Material: Steel frame (1mm), Powder Coating
- MB: mini-ITX (170 x 170mm)
- GPU: length <180mm, height <140mm, width <40mm
- CPU Cooler: up to 65mm
- FAN: 1x120x15mm slim
- PSU: SFX / SFX-L
- PCIe riser:
LiHeat 300mm D.type (Complete with body)
- Storage: 2 x SSD 2.5" (Only with SFX power supplies) and M.2

Ludwig

Efficiency Noob
Mar 3, 2018
Hi,

I'd like to replace my dancase and your last prototype SXM STL 6.3 seems a very good candidate for it. However, how much it weigh ? Because I often get my computer for lan, and I want something light for travel.

Thanks.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hi,

I'd like to replace my dancase and your last prototype SXM STL 6.3 seems a very good candidate for it. However, how much it weigh ? Because I often get my computer for lan, and I want something light for travel.

Thanks.
The weight of this prototype is 1.7 kg. It is made of 1mm steel. We also plan to make an aluminum version of this case.

znerol07

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 18, 2017
Can anyone share pictures of an actual SX mid stl 7.1? A mini review would be greatly appreciated too. I'm planning to order one but having a hard time looking for reviews.

Last edited:

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
time does not stand still and we have good news!

In the photo the case is painted in red lacquer. This powder coating is as smooth as possible without polishing.

Case SX mid 6.8L received an update.
1. Now the power button at the bottom of the case. This makes it possible to install a video card up to 300mm!
2. USB 3.0 port is now one and the other. The cable inside is only 25cm and softer. Plus the convenience of installation. Minus cannot install SFX-L power supply.
3. The 2.5 "drive can now be installed on rubber spacers.