Motherboard ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac and AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
... i like to ....... bifurcate :) XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Only problem is ... SLI doesn't work :( doesn't come up in the nVidia control panel :(
I'm using the X370 board and amerirack riser.
Hmm didn't SLI need a specific certification to enable SLI ? I would guess one would need to have a (modified ?) BIOS with a valid SLI license to enable it over Bifurcation. Maybe asking ASRock nicely and they'd be able to ? @ASRock System ?

Reactions: LukeD

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
I've sent them a message and also opened up a support ticket. Lets see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
I've just ran an AIDA64 report and unfortunately:

nVIDIA SLI:
SLI Certification Not Present
PCI 0-0-0-0 (Direct I/O) 1022-1450
PCI 0-0-0-0 (HAL) 1022-1450

Reactions: Phuncz

djcostcosamples

Chassis Packer
Jul 14, 2017
Anyone able to tighten the timings down on Samsung B-Die 3600 CL17 (i.e. Galax HOF) to 3200 @ CL14 on these boards? I've been trying but crash in P95 within seconds.

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
THIS ... just happened :)

ozyreusz

Efficiency Noob
Jul 15, 2017
AGESA 1.0.0.6a This a at end means that this is alpha?
I got F4-3000C15D-16GVG from my old system. Is it any good?
My board is already shipped :)

Ricdeau

Chassis Packer
Jul 14, 2017
My X370 has the thick foam pad as well.

I initially had the Gigabyte board because it was the first one I saw in stock at the beginning of the month. I couldn't manually control Vcore and multipliers from the BIOS without it reverting to the minimum clock state. This is some random bug that happens to people which isn't isolated to certain CPU/motherboard combos, but I could OC using Ryzen Master just fine. So I got the X370 and was able to OC manually from BIOS, but I'm not much more thrilled with this board than the Gigabyte. I like some aspects of the Gigabyte and some aspects of this ASRock, but both boards leave a lot to be desired.

Teddy

Caliper Novice
Oct 21, 2015
Some owners of this board (affects both AB350 and X370) have reported a VRM heatsink lottery -- some boards have a thin heatsink with an overly thick thermal pad and others have a proper block of aluminum. This has led to mixed reports of VRM heat issues caused by the thick pad acting as an insulator. One user was able to get AsRock to send a replacement heatsink but others are being turned away.

"Bad" heatsink:

"Good" heatsink:

I'm really curious what people here have on their board and if they have measured the VRM temperature.

Sources:
Reddit thread
AsRock forums thread
Hardwareluxx thread
+1 for a "bad" heatsink here, however there seems to be plenty of heat transfer to the aluminum block as it gets pretty hot to the touch when I load all cores and threads.
Edit: didn't specify which board I'm using. I have the x370 board and it has the "bad" heatsinks.

Last edited: