Motherboard ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac and AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

nick_w

Caliper Novice
Jun 13, 2017
Hi i just got my AB350 and it has the "bad" vrm heatsink (is this actually a problem?) the pictures on newegg also show the bad heatsink for both the 350 and 370
by the way does anyone know where i can get an m2 extension cable, my ssd doesnt fit it seams the back is too thick.

Ricdeau

Chassis Packer
Jul 14, 2017
Looks like my X370 died. Won't POST anymore. I can't seem to win with this build. Started with the Gigabyte board and now this ASRock board died. I'll have my replacement on Friday. Maybe I'll luck out and get the better heatsink.

nick_w

Caliper Novice
Jun 13, 2017
How, by CNC or what? What dimensions do you have in mind?
just a drill press, hacksaw and files
heres a rough model

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
Some people have mentioned getting a replacement VRM sink from Asrock.

Has anyone had success with that? And how does one go about doing that, like, is there a specific person to talk to?

Reactions: AleksandarK

meganerid

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 2, 2017
I've got the thicker heatsink with my X370, which arrived in Singapore just last week. Just wanna add :)

So could be early batch issue I suppose.

Anyway anyone using this with 2 x 16 GB RAM? I'm not sure if I should update the BIOS and try to OC my corsair LED 3000MHz sticks. They're dual rank RAM I think.

Reactions: Acalanata

Ricdeau

Chassis Packer
Jul 14, 2017
I received my new board today to replaced my failed X370, and sad to report it still has the same massive foam pad. When I ordered my X370 replacement board on Tuesday the B350 board was out of stock on Newegg (US), and it is now back in stock. So maybe the newer stock will have the better heatsink.

ozyreusz

Efficiency Noob
Jul 15, 2017
Got mine as a pre-order in Europe and it has no foam. Maybe its some newegg version. About the RAM with agesa1006a, i bought worst possible gskill and with update of BIOS is works without any problem with XMP profiles.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
On most motherboards and power supplies I've handled, the friction fit is all that's needed to securily fit it, unless you reposition these just make sure it's connected properly. The clip isn't always going to be locking the connector down, I've had that with a few combinations.

Hazyard

Case Bender
New User
Aug 7, 2017
I had a look and I have the X370 itx-ac with the 'bad' heatsink. I did a quick test to see my temps under idle and load so if someone can post temps of the 'good' heatsink we can see the difference. For reference below is my specs:

Ncase M1
R7 1700 (stock)
Cryorig C1 (with a Corsair ML120 Pro)
2 x 8 GB Corsair LPX @ 3200
GTX950
2 x ML120 as intake
1 x Noctua NF-B9 PWM as exhaust

The fans curves have been set using the ASrock auto fan tuning in the BIOS. They are basically silent, if I get time latter I will do another test with them set to performance.

So the temps on the mobo and the Anc, AUX1/2 actually went down under load. I'm guessing this is because of the fan curve. If anyone has a better way I can see the VRM temps let me know and I'll give it another go.