Motherboard ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac ITX Motherboard for AMD AM4 CPUs

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 9, 2018
The ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac ITX Motherboard for AMD AM4 CPUs seems to keep its price wel, even used, and I was wondering why? I would have thought the 4XXX series would have taken over since R1 will run OK on them, and indeed most R1 MB seem to not hold their price (or have been sold through). Is there some trick it has that I am unaware of that both keeps it current (maybe because it isnt selling?) buy also keeps the price high used. For example it is always about £110 new and sells used about £95? I'm thinking of buying one, maybe, but if there is a trick is it tied to the CPU, the 1700 maybe which I understand was the shining light when Ryzen settled after launch (?). I have a spare 1600 but that has a nice R2 MB to go into, so if there was some magic CPU then I wouldn't mind seeking it out. I was early to Ryzen but also really tight on budget at the time so I might relive some experience that others got and I didn't? I ended up with a 1600 (nice CPU) and boring 350.