News ASRock DeskMini GTX Z390

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
If this is the proper DeskMini GTX it will come with a B250 Chipset motherboard (Intel 7XXX series), a 270W AC-DC brick, the enclosure, a GTX 1060 with stock cooler and a few other odds and ends. You will need to buy a CPU, CPU cooler and SODIMM RAM to complete the build. All in if you got it for 161.41 GBP it's a hell of a deal.

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 9, 2018
If this is the proper DeskMini GTX it will come with a B250 Chipset motherboard (Intel 7XXX series), a 270W AC-DC brick, the enclosure, a GTX 1060 with stock cooler and a few other odds and ends. You will need to buy a CPU, CPU cooler and SODIMM RAM to complete the build. All in if you got it for 161.41 GBP it's a hell of a deal.
I got this email so yes, it might go wrong and I end up with a pants i5 I don’t need, hopefully I will be able to refund it unopened if that happens.

Thank You for Your Order

Hi Jason,

Thank you for shopping at OnBuy. We're pleased to confirm we've received your order and it's being processed by the seller. We'll email you when your order has been dispatched.

So being processed, which in law isn’t the completion of contract. I need to check my account but even taking the money isn’t completion of contract in UK law- you can try and fight that in court but realistically I’m not over £150. Email continues;

Order Details

Product Image

Order Placed: 29th November 2019

Order Number: TVJB9

Delivery: Standard

Sold By: MoreFrom

1x Asrock DeskMini GTX Barebone PC, Micro STX, 1151 (B250), GTX1060 6GB GFX, DDR4 SO-DIMM, HDMI, DP, No CPU, RAM, HDD or O/S (my emphasis there)

Condition: New

Unit Price: 161.41

Line Total: £161.41

Estimated Delivery: 5th Dec 2019 - 7th Dec 2019

Delivery Details

Delivery Address: Jason United Kingdom

Delivery Method: Standard

you'd like to check the status of your order or need to let the seller know something's not right, please go to the View Orders page in your account.

Order Placed: 29th November 2019

Order Number: TVJB9

Delivery: Standard

Sold By: More From

1x as rock DeskMini GTX Barebone PC, Micro STX, 1151 (B250), GTX1060 6GB GFX, DDR4 SO-DIMM, HDMI, DP, No CPU, RAM, HDD or O/S

Condition: New

Estimated Delivery: 5th Dec 2019 - 7th Dec 2019

If you'd like to check the status of your order or need to let the seller know something's not right, please go to the View Orders page in your account. We hope to welcome you back to On Buy soon! Best Regards,

The on Buy Team

And I paid by Pay Pal as that was the only option, via my Visa. I got an email via that;

Description Unit Price

Quantity

Amount

As rock DeskMini GTX Barebone PC, Micro STX, 1151 (B250), GTX1060 6GB GFX, DDR4 SO-DIMM, HDMI, DP, No CPU, RAM, HDD or O/S

£161.41 GBP 1 £161.41 GBP

Shipping and handling £0.00 GBP

Insurance £0.00 GBP

Total £161.41 GBP

Payment £161.41 GBP

So off I pop to the rack your broken dreams page and it shows;

D
ispatched. Estimated Delivery: 3rd December 2019 - 5th December 2019

1× As rock DeskMini GTX Barebone PC, Micro STX, 1151 (B250), GTX1060 6GB GFX, DDR4 SO-DIMM, HDMI, DP, No CPU, RAM, HDD or O/S

OPC: PC76TS

Total: £161.41

Obviously, I've edited stuff above because it had too much personal detail in it, but it looks like I turned up here, saw this thread, and just got lucky? My BD on 8th as well! As to what needs adding I will not scrimp, I won't go stupid but some decent stuff for which I hope you'll all be happy to put up with me asking. Nice boot NVMe, some decent memory through gritted teeth and some thought on cooling. And surely some thought on a case, maybe not first off, stay standard for the 'dry build' then something a bit nicer- anodised aluminium maybe but lots of ideas there.

I’ve also got the stuff coming for my rebuild of my R1600 mATX into a 2700X ATX in a 470 motherboard. And I am well behind on other builds. Someone is still waiting on a Bulldozer build and another on a AM1- they haven’t been waiting since launch though, he Bulldozer wanted it that way and the AM1 wanted the novelty after I sort of said that A300 was a bit like that (which I don’t think is very true really, I just meant as a general point.

Anyway a fancy cooler, might even go mild RGB, some decent boot NVMe so probably Samsung, then some good NVMe, and something a bit because I can with the HDD, some RAID, 2TB,ast- or maybe not. I don't like RGB bu feel I should have a bit of a go with a light touch if I end up with a, for now, unusually STX (until someone with skills comes and shows me how it is done).

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 9, 2018
And I cant get my head around a 1060 still goes for at least £150 used. Maybe it is some way of getting rid of old stock but then that is Nvidia old stock on a AMD platform. You hink if anything AMD would be sticking their dGPU on there not using Nvidia to do them a solid.

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 9, 2018
And I cant have any AMD CPU in there, in my excitement (and really I have always tended to mild AMD fan boi) I ran away from myself. What I can have is six cores in there, six i5 cores. And if I can also have a 1060 then I can have 1080p consistently on high settings. And that for me is pretty much a sweet place to be. Yes 4K is nice, my Xbox has a goo at it, but extra cores and 1080p is where I feel I am being served well enough. PLay some older games and have some stuff going on in the background thanks to 32GB of DDR. And I havent had a proper play with an Intel CPU above an i3 since maybe a decade now. Ptty the BIOS doesn't overclock I think?

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 9, 2018
Well it arrived and it’s a standard H310M-STX. So the Intel Deskmini. You could tell before opening it as the box isn’t big enough given the extra space a MXM would take up. For £160 it would be a bit overpriced in the UK and of course I have a F model CPU on the way so it isn’t even as if I can just suck it up.

That’s the killer, I could suck it up if I’d gone for a standard ‘APU’ CPU but I had a good price on the F. I have spare graphics cards but they are all standard stuff, 1060/1050Tis, PCIe X16. I should be able to return it and get a credit though, and if the worst comes to the worst I could build a Deskmini and sell it on and claw back the £160.

However I’ve raised a dispute as it is Pay Pal and we will see how we get on.

For the record I used something called a marketplace who are quick to wash their hands saying they are just a broker (it’s a con obviously). I hate to prejudge but I would avoid them, they are called ‘OnBuy.Com’. Obviously if I am proved wrong I will correct my position.