News Asetek 645LT for the SFF community!

SFF Forum, thank you for being patient with me!

It's finally time. We are launching the successor of the 545LC.
It will be called the 645LT and will be shipping via Overclockers UK and SFF Labs.

Overclockers UK should have stock, as I have been informed, by early April with SFF Labs following later.

UPDATED POINTS OF PURCHASE:

• OverclockersUK
  • Caseking.de
  • Sliger Cases
  • w360mod
An updated list should also be available here, at most times: https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthus...gdiy/cpu-cooling/small-form-factor-cpu-cooler

We have been working with Daniel from DAN Case on which changes to implement. At the same time we've tried to implement as many of his requests as we could. And I'd say we've done a pretty good job.

What changes is the 645LT bringing then?
  • Asetek Generation 6 pump
  • Noise reduction foam in the pump cap
  • 90 degree angled bends on the hex
  • Slightly longer tubes to ease installation
we've kept the original non-sleeved tubing due to requests from the community.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me here, PM, email or Twitter.

I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Much love,

Asetek Dennis

Last edited:

BummlerD

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 12, 2020
@AseDen I was wondering, why the pump of my 645lt was so loud and after reading a previous response from you, I popped the cap of the pump and saw that there is no foam inside.
Is it possible to buy the foam insert seperately? If not, could you tell me what kind of foam should work in terms of insulating the pump?
At first I thought I was just a bit too sensitive, but sitting at my desk without headphones is getting quite annoing with that pump-noise.

I uploaded a sample of the noise here.

elvendawn

Average Stuffer
Nov 12, 2020
@AseDen I was wondering, why the pump of my 645lt was so loud and after reading a previous response from you, I popped the cap of the pump and saw that there is no foam inside.
Is it possible to buy the foam insert seperately? If not, could you tell me what kind of foam should work in terms of insulating the pump?
At first I thought I was just a bit too sensitive, but sitting at my desk without headphones is getting quite annoing with that pump-noise.

I uploaded a sample of the noise here.
Hi @BummlerD,

I also have a 645LT, although I've never tried to take the cap off it is definitely audible - and not in a good way - at max pump speed, however setting it at minimum rpm (which is around 40%) it is silent and I have no noticeable temperature differences at load. Out my own curiosity have you tried to lower the pump speed with the motherboard fan controls or something like Argus?

BummlerD

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 12, 2020
@elvendawn Hey, yes I´ve tried it in the meantime.
With PWM control it always runs at max speed ( ~5.700 rpm reported by the motherboard). In DC mode the curve actually affects the pumpspeed, but at 12 V it runs at the same speed.
I have to do some more testing, but the idle-noise is much better now. I hope some composite-foam will do the rest.
Thanks for the reply :)

Reactions: elvendawn

elvendawn

Average Stuffer
Nov 12, 2020
@BummlerD, glad you made some progress on it, I'm interested to hear the results of the foam mod. I might have to check under the cap of mine too, though I'm moving to a FormD T1 soon, and 645LT doesn't really fit without some sort of adapter so I might have to retire it already.

elvendawn

Average Stuffer
Nov 12, 2020
@elvendawn Hey, yes I´ve tried it in the meantime.
With PWM control it always runs at max speed ( ~5.700 rpm reported by the motherboard). In DC mode the curve actually affects the pumpspeed, but at 12 V it runs at the same speed.
I have to do some more testing, but the idle-noise is much better now. I hope some composite-foam will do the rest.
Thanks for the reply :)
@BummlerD, glad you made some progress on it, I'm interested to hear the results of the foam mod. I might have to check under the cap of mine too, though I'm moving to a FormD T1 soon, and 645LT doesn't really fit without some sort of adapter so I might have to retire it already.

Hi @BummlerD, any luck with finding/adding foam to your 645LT?

I was able to get my 645LT to fit properly in the FormD T1 without any adaptors, while I was at it I did take off the pump cap and can confirm mine does indeed have to foam insert so that must be enough to make the difference in noise. (With only three wires the pump only supports DC modulation, however looks like the controller board may possibly support PWM based on that unused fourth solder joint for the wires.)

Reactions: Phuncz

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
What is happening on the 645LT availability for the EU?
My pump just died and I cant find this cooler available anywhere at all...

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020

againstodds

Cable Smoosher
Jul 16, 2019
The pump in the 645LT started gurgling and is making a buzzling sound. It seems air has gotten inside the pump. I have tried to remedy the problem using the guide posted by asetek and when i turn the system upside down i can hear water going inside the pump and it stops making the sound but after a while the buzzling sound returns. This is something that has never happened before so i think the water inside has evaporated and the pump fills with air.
Is there something i can do ? Can the asetek 645lt be repaired ? I have bought the pump from caseking.de in june 2019 but i used it for 6 months now. Can i still rma the cooler ? i cant find the product page in caseking.de so i dont know how long is the warranty.

I have uploaded a video

Last edited:

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
The pump in the 645LT started gurgling and is making a buzzling sound. It seems air has gotten inside the pump. I have tried to remedy the problem using the guide posted by asetek and when i turn the system upside down i can hear water going inside the pump and it stops making the sound but after a while the buzzling sound returns. This is something that has never happened before so i think the water inside has evaporated and the pump fills with air.
Is there something i can do ? Can the asetek 645lt be repaired ? I have bought the pump from caseking.de in june 2019 but i used it for 6 months now. Can i still rma the cooler ? i cant find the product page in caseking.de so i dont know how long is the warranty.

I have uploaded a video

My was even worse, if you can just RMA it back, there's nothing else you can do!
That's what i did, but there isn't any replacement available....