News Asetek 645LT for the SFF community!

SFF Forum, thank you for being patient with me!

It's finally time. We are launching the successor of the 545LC.
It will be called the 645LT and will be shipping via Overclockers UK and SFF Labs.

Overclockers UK should have stock, as I have been informed, by early April with SFF Labs following later.

UPDATED POINTS OF PURCHASE:

• OverclockersUK
  • Caseking.de
  • Sliger Cases
  • w360mod
An updated list should also be available here, at most times: https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthus...gdiy/cpu-cooling/small-form-factor-cpu-cooler

We have been working with Daniel from DAN Case on which changes to implement. At the same time we've tried to implement as many of his requests as we could. And I'd say we've done a pretty good job.

What changes is the 645LT bringing then?
  • Asetek Generation 6 pump
  • Noise reduction foam in the pump cap
  • 90 degree angled bends on the hex
  • Slightly longer tubes to ease installation
we've kept the original non-sleeved tubing due to requests from the community.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me here, PM, email or Twitter.

I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Much love,

Asetek Dennis

Last edited:

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Hey @AseDen I have one other question: I took off the plastic cover on the 645LT, and noticed that there was a pad labeled PWM on the PCB.

Is there circuitry on the PCB to support PWM, or will that pin do nothing if I add a connector to it?
Hi Lbibass,

It absolutely should support PWM if a connection is made. You could have a unit that was made while there has been a shortage of the PWM-less PCB :)

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Lbibass

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2020
Hi Lbibass,

It absolutely should support PWM if a connection is made. You could have a unit that was made while there has been a shortage of the PWM-less PCB :)
Awesome! Glad to hear it. I don’t have any PWM connectors on me right now, but do you think I could see some benefits like being able to run at a lower RPM? I’m already able to run it down to about 30%, but any lower than that, and I need to run it at 60% to start it back up.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Awesome! Glad to hear it. I don’t have any PWM connectors on me right now, but do you think I could see some benefits like being able to run at a lower RPM? I’m already able to run it down to about 30%, but any lower than that, and I need to run it at 60% to start it back up.

I think you may be approaching the hard-cap of how little current can actually drive the impeller :)
PWM is easier to control and can (with some software) be controlled directly from Windows. There may be options for voltage regulation in Windows too - without knowing from experience.

Lbibass

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2020
I think you may be approaching the hard-cap of how little current can actually drive the impeller :)
PWM is easier to control and can (with some software) be controlled directly from Windows. There may be options for voltage regulation in Windows too - without knowing from experience.
haha, yeah. I've been using FanControl, which is by far the best software for fan control I think I've ever had the pleasure to use. Nothing else compares, in my opinion. It lets me control everything (well, except my 5700xt, but that's just an issue with LibreFanControl).

Reactions: AseDen

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
Hey @AseDen any info about the Blower Fan production for the 645LT ?
Its just a rumor I heard a while ago that you guys are developing one so I'm going to ask you directly :)

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Hey @AseDen any info about the Blower Fan production for the 645LT ?
Its just a rumor I heard a while ago that you guys are developing one so I'm going to ask you directly :)

Blower Fan for 645LT? #InsertSuperAwkwardSmile #PuzzledLook

Could you elaborate? Haven't heard anything of that rumor - but color me interested! ?

Reactions: Lbibass

btgdelta

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 27, 2020
Hey @AseDen! My case isn’t really an SFF, it’s a stock Dell T5820 with a 10900X, that thirsts for better cooling and that I am planning to do a couple of mods to. But since 645LT is being marketed as an SFF solution, I thought this would be the best place to try asking a question or two.
The „wonderful“ Dell case is brim full with OEM and proprietary solutions, leaving very little space for a radiator, but still around twice as much as 645LT radiator would take, leaving a lot of theoretical efficiency on the table. So my great plan is to take a 645LT and swap in a larger radiator (or at least a thicker one).
Now for my questions: what kind of fittings are installed on the stock 645LT radiator? What voltage does the pump take? Will the pump do fine without PWM? Also I‘m totally open to better ideas.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Hi btgdelta,

Wonderful to hear from you! You're always welcome to tag me anywhere - here, reddit, twitter, fb, ig (or soon on our upcoming Asetek forums). Love to help!
I'm all too familiar with that chassis. There sure is a lot of OEM stuff in there ;)

What CPU are you trying to cool?
Reason I'm asking is that the 645LT combined with a 25mm fan, or even 2x14mm NF-A9x14's can deliver quite potent cooling.

1. Pump runs on 12VDC (3,9W)
  2. The Pump doesn't need PWM (and isn't equipped with it out of box, either)
    1. If you want to control the pump, that can be done through voltage regulation on the motherboard.
The fittings on the rad are proprietary Asetek fittings.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

btgdelta

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 27, 2020
What CPU are you trying to cool?
Pump runs on 12VDC (3,9W)
The fittings on the rad are proprietary Asetek fittings.
Thanks for a fast answer! It’s an Intel 10900X (160W TDP stock, probably want to push it closer to 200W) and while it’s not thermothrottling, it‘s definitely been in the higher 90s (degrees Celsius) during couple benchmark runs, so the stock cooling is terribad. I was hoping to cross your nice cooling solution with something like an Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 92mm Single Radiator or maybe even fit a double (the space I have is around 10cm by 20cm with pretty much no limit to the thickness).

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Thanks for a fast answer! It’s an Intel 10900X (160W TDP stock, probably want to push it closer to 200W) and while it’s not thermothrottling, it‘s definitely been in the higher 90s (degrees Celsius) during couple benchmark runs, so the stock cooling is terribad. I was hoping to cross your nice cooling solution with something like an Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 92mm Single Radiator or maybe even fit a double (the space I have is around 10cm by 20cm with pretty much no limit to the thickness).

Now while I wouldn't directly recommend hacking the AIO... I'm also an enthusiast :p

SO!

if you want to use the NexXxoS XT45 with the 645LT pump, the easiest way to achieve that would be to cut the tubes on the 645LT directly after the radiator fittings. On the NexXxoS you'll want to use regular flexible custom loop tubing. That will then allow our Asetek tubing to fit pretty snug inside the custom loop tubing. And obviously you'll have to fill it etc :)

btgdelta

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 27, 2020
So sad this rad wont fit in Dan a4
There is actually a smaller one that I am also looking at that might (barely?) fit an A4. Take a look at the 80mm single version.

@AseDen Thanks bunches! I really appreciate your input and you’ve been incredibly helpful! I know I shouldn’t hack an AIO cooler, but I think I can get away with it in this build. :)

Reactions: AseDen and kiehl

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hey @AseDen! My case isn’t really an SFF, it’s a stock Dell T5820 with a 10900X, that thirsts for better cooling and that I am planning to do a couple of mods to. But since 645LT is being marketed as an SFF solution, I thought this would be the best place to try asking a question or two.
The „wonderful“ Dell case is brim full with OEM and proprietary solutions, leaving very little space for a radiator, but still around twice as much as 645LT radiator would take, leaving a lot of theoretical efficiency on the table. So my great plan is to take a 645LT and swap in a larger radiator (or at least a thicker one).
Now for my questions: what kind of fittings are installed on the stock 645LT radiator? What voltage does the pump take? Will the pump do fine without PWM? Also I‘m totally open to better ideas.
I would actually take a look at the Alphacool Eisbaer LT92 instead. It uses G1/4 fittings so you would be able to change out the radiator much easier.

notthebee

Case Bender
New User
Apr 20, 2020
Hi @AseDen ! I'm having a problem with my 645LT AIO and I was hoping you could help.

I got the AIO used on eBay back in spring, and once it arrived and I installed it, I noticed a high-pitched whirring sound from the pump. I complained to the seller, but he just said that that's how all watercooling pumps sound and refused to take the AIO back. I tried everything to lower the pump noise (lowering the voltage, using Noctua's low noise adapter, adding some more foam under the cap, connecting it to a different fan header and even a different motherboard), but ultimately decided to go back to my Black Ridge.

The AIO has been chilling on the drawer all this time, until today I mentioned to another person on Discord that the reason I'm not using it anymore is the pump noise. They said that 645LT should be pretty much inaudible, and that if I have any noticeable noise, it means the AIO is defective. They said that I should contact you, and that you might help.

Here's how it sounds. The video isn't mine, but my AIO makes the exact same noise, maybe a little bit more high-pitched

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
Hi @AseDen ! I'm having a problem with my 645LT AIO and I was hoping you could help.

I got the AIO used on eBay back in spring, and once it arrived and I installed it, I noticed a high-pitched whirring sound from the pump. I complained to the seller, but he just said that that's how all watercooling pumps sound and refused to take the AIO back. I tried everything to lower the pump noise (lowering the voltage, using Noctua's low noise adapter, adding some more foam under the cap, connecting it to a different fan header and even a different motherboard), but ultimately decided to go back to my Black Ridge.

The AIO has been chilling on the drawer all this time, until today I mentioned to another person on Discord that the reason I'm not using it anymore is the pump noise. They said that 645LT should be pretty much inaudible, and that if I have any noticeable noise, it means the AIO is defective. They said that I should contact you, and that you might help.

Here's how it sounds. The video isn't mine, but my AIO makes the exact same noise, maybe a little bit more high-pitched
I got exact same sound even louder and more rattling and I got the feeling mine is not capable of cooling my Ryzen CPU comparing to other people (I even undervolted it and still is keeping idle in high 50c )

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
I got exact same sound even louder and more rattling and I got the feeling mine is not capable of cooling my Ryzen CPU comparing to other people (I even undervolted it and still is keeping idle in high 50c )

Hi gentlemen,

Sorry about the late reply. Things have been hectic to say the least.

Could you enlighten me as to how the pump/block is oriented vertically compared to the radiators? Is the pump vertically in a higher position than the radiator?

Happy to help - and a little specific system information will let me do that much easier :)

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
Hi gentlemen,

Sorry about the late reply. Things have been hectic to say the least.

Could you enlighten me as to how the pump/block is oriented vertically compared to the radiators? Is the pump vertically in a higher position than the radiator?

Happy to help - and a little specific system information will let me do that much easier :)
Thanks for coming back to us. I started using lazermod and the noise pump is not there.. I can't hear now the pump and CPU fans.
Other issue is GPU sound but waiting for extenders and I will do deshrouding

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
Hey @kiehl did you tested the 10900K with 645LT?
If yes, can you please do a benchmark with CPU-Z on the 10900K with all HT disabled, also tell me the power consumption with that (HWmonitor).
I am seriously considering to try that in SFF with this AiO and don't know what to expect, with this data you will be extremely helpful...
Screenshots would be highly appreciated, cheers!