News Asetek 645LT for the SFF community!

SFF Forum, thank you for being patient with me!

It's finally time. We are launching the successor of the 545LC.
It will be called the 645LT and will be shipping via Overclockers UK and SFF Labs.

Overclockers UK should have stock, as I have been informed, by early April with SFF Labs following later.

UPDATED POINTS OF PURCHASE:

• OverclockersUK
  • Caseking.de
  • Sliger Cases
  • w360mod
An updated list should also be available here, at most times: https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthus...gdiy/cpu-cooling/small-form-factor-cpu-cooler

We have been working with Daniel from DAN Case on which changes to implement. At the same time we've tried to implement as many of his requests as we could. And I'd say we've done a pretty good job.

What changes is the 645LT bringing then?
  • Asetek Generation 6 pump
  • Noise reduction foam in the pump cap
  • 90 degree angled bends on the hex
  • Slightly longer tubes to ease installation
we've kept the original non-sleeved tubing due to requests from the community.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me here, PM, email or Twitter.

I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Much love,

Asetek Dennis

Last edited:

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
@AseDen can you update the product page with availability? SFFLab URL no longer exists, I think it should be W360MOD now.

Also where else in Asia that I can buy the 645LT? W360MOD used to ship to Asian countries but has stopped for months now - US and Canada only now. Understand the pandemic situation plays a role but would like to have some info as to when, where and how I might be able to get one.

By the time you read this, it should be done ;)

stellarwind

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2020
Hello AseDen. I own a 645LT which I am running to cool a 3900X. It's using one of the Noctua slim fans (in a Steck). The 645LT rad is sitting at the top of my case. I get a constant ramp up, ramp down noise from the AIO. I have it plugged into the CPU Header of my motherboard (Gigabyte X570i).

If I run it on PWM the AIO is far too loud (high noise from the RPM of the pump, even at 2800 RPM as designed for), if I run it on Voltage it's much more quiet, but the constant up and down cycling is super distracting. I've tried setting a custom curve for the pump, etc., but the ramping exists either way. Is this normal?

Edit: Just wanted to follow up on my post. I ended up leaving it on PWM, and putting a Noctua-branded Low-Noise Adapter onto the pump line. Additionally, and I think this was a big part of the problem, too, I replaced my thermal paste and now it's running really silently, and cooling effectively.

Last edited:
Reactions: AseDen

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
Hello AseDen. I own a 645LT which I am running to cool a 3900X. It's using one of the Noctua slim fans (in a Steck). The 645LT rad is sitting at the top of my case. I get a constant ramp up, ramp down noise from the AIO. I have it plugged into the CPU Header of my motherboard (Gigabyte X570i).

If I run it on PWM the AIO is far too loud (high noise from the RPM of the pump, even at 2800 RPM as designed for), if I run it on Voltage it's much more quiet, but the constant up and down cycling is super distracting. I've tried setting a custom curve for the pump, etc., but the ramping exists either way. Is this normal?

Edit: Just wanted to follow up on my post. I ended up leaving it on PWM, and putting a Noctua-branded Low-Noise Adapter onto the pump line. Additionally, and I think this was a big part of the problem, too, I replaced my thermal paste and now it's running really silently, and cooling effectively.
Noctua-branded Low-Noise Adapter onto the pump line - can you drop a link please?

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com

That's wonderful! I have a few other hacks up my sleeve as well, that can make it even quieter ;)

Noctua-branded Low-Noise Adapter onto the pump line - can you drop a link please?

They usually come with Noctua fans :)

stellarwind

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2020

Hey mate, as AseDen mentioned, it came with a Noctua product somebody from my office purchased, but here's a link so you know what I am referring to directly:

Reactions: kiehl

payo36

Caliper Novice
May 1, 2019
www.minicomputers.net
Can the asetek 645lt support the new intel 10700k inside dans case A4 ? Anyone tried it and can report expected temperatures ?
I've tried with 10700k + Aorus 490i Ultra board. At stock 4.7 GHz all cores, it will max out at 77C in CB 20, Long blender load, temp will reach 83-85 C depends on ambient temp. In games it will be 55-75C The CPU Power during CB20 is 154 W.
Now I'm running at 5.0 GHz all core, 1.325V The power is 195W, but I don't do long time rendering work. Only CAD 3D Model and gaming, so it works fine, 83-88 C in game, but frame rate and CAD performance is a lot better than stock clock.

Reactions: kiehl

SexyPotato

Efficiency Noob
Jul 29, 2020
I am looking for a <8L case that can fit the Asetek 645LT and allows for full length GPUs. I know the Dan Case A4 will do the trick but it's out of my budget. Anything cheaper (okay from Taobao) that could also fit the bill?
Thanks!

radar24

Case Bender
New User
Sep 28, 2020
Hi @omardesu,

The "pump" ports on motherboards are notoriously bad at reporting correct pump speeds.
You might ask yourself why (and so have I) - so I went and educated myself with our engineering/R&D department. Turns out that different pumps use different "propulsion" systems. Meaning they can have different phases. This is also, coincidentally the data that a motherboard uses to determine what speed a pump is running, and because it cannot tell how many phases a pump is using, it'll use a standard setting... Leading to inaccurate reports.

Now when I suggest you connect to the CPU_FAN port, it is because AIO_PUMP and similar ports often use DC to regulate the pump. This can lead to pump stops (and thus failure) because it won't be running the correct speeds. Using the CPU_FAN port should lead to the safest operation and is what we generally recommend. This is due to MB's usually not allowing the CPU fan to halt (for obvious reasons), which also will aid in avoiding overheating the liquid and causing damage to your system as a result.

5600 is indeed a doubled value, in your case. As the 645LT uses our pump version that runs 2800RPM.

I'd recommend something like this:
  1. Pump -> CPU_FAN
  2. Radfan -> Whatever you're comfortable with
  3. Pump Curve -> Ideal performance will obviously be at 100%. This can be slightly reduced if you're willing to compromise a little about thermals, but feel there's a decent tradeoff with gained acoustics.
  4. Rad fan curve -> tough one, again. It all depends on what your acoustic and thermal targets are. Personally I'd probably run it at 50-75% at idle scaling from there to 100%. But again, it's very tricky to recommend on, as it will vary on a case by case basis, and with components used, airflow, modded cables and so on ;)
I hope this helps :)

You're always welcome to contact me :)

/AsetekDennis

I have similar situation with 645lt and asrock z490 phantom itx/tb3 board with 10700k
my original set up was like this
pump --> CPU_OPT/W_Pump header (set as CPU_OPT on BIOS)
rad fan --> CPU_FAN1 header
with this setup, i got around 44c idle and normal internet use.
and i came across your post regarding that pump should be connected to CPU_FAN
so I tried your suggestion
Pump --> CPU_FAN1
Rad Fan --> CPU_OPT
and with this setup, i've instantly got CPU_FAN1 speed above 5300rpm and cpu temp around 52c idle
and the pump is putting out very big noise i haven't heard with previous setup.
when i touched pump and it was very hot.

so I reverted to my previous setup (Pump --> CPU_OPT, Rad fan --> CPU_FAN1)
and it went back to 44c idle, no noticeable pump noise and i can also touch the pump and it's just little warm.
and the CPU_OPT fan speed is around 2800rpm. is my 645lt working fine as it should?
should it put out big pump noise and be very hot while working?

is my setup ok? this is my first ever using AIO so i am worried.
if I kept using this setup (Pump --> CPU_OPT, Rad Fan --> CPU_FAN1), would it be ok from pump failure?

Thanks

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
I am looking for a <8L case that can fit the Asetek 645LT and allows for full length GPUs. I know the Dan Case A4 will do the trick but it's out of my budget. Anything cheaper (okay from Taobao) that could also fit the bill?
Thanks!

Have you looked at Sliger Cases as well?

I have similar situation with 645lt and asrock z490 phantom itx/tb3 board with 10700k
my original set up was like this
pump --> CPU_OPT/W_Pump header (set as CPU_OPT on BIOS)
rad fan --> CPU_FAN1 header
with this setup, i got around 44c idle and normal internet use.
and i came across your post regarding that pump should be connected to CPU_FAN
so I tried your suggestion
Pump --> CPU_FAN1
Rad Fan --> CPU_OPT
and with this setup, i've instantly got CPU_FAN1 speed above 5300rpm and cpu temp around 52c idle
and the pump is putting out very big noise i haven't heard with previous setup.
when i touched pump and it was very hot.

so I reverted to my previous setup (Pump --> CPU_OPT, Rad fan --> CPU_FAN1)
and it went back to 44c idle, no noticeable pump noise and i can also touch the pump and it's just little warm.
and the CPU_OPT fan speed is around 2800rpm. is my 645lt working fine as it should?
should it put out big pump noise and be very hot while working?

is my setup ok? this is my first ever using AIO so i am worried.
if I kept using this setup (Pump --> CPU_OPT, Rad Fan --> CPU_FAN1), would it be ok from pump failure?

Thanks

CPU_FAN is the intended header for our AIOs. However, it is totally fine to run it on another header as well. 2800 RPM is the correct (and rated) speed of the 645LT - so nothing to worry about there.
From your experience it sounds as if your motherboard has been reporting the speed wrong on the CPU_FAN header (some motherboards end up reporting double or half the actual speed of the pump) - doesn't actually change the RPM of the pump.

radar24

Case Bender
New User
Sep 28, 2020
CPU_FAN is the intended header for our AIOs. However, it is totally fine to run it on another header as well. 2800 RPM is the correct (and rated) speed of the 645LT - so nothing to worry about there.
From your experience it sounds as if your motherboard has been reporting the speed wrong on the CPU_FAN header (some motherboards end up reporting double or half the actual speed of the pump) - doesn't actually change the RPM of the pump.

Thanks for your reply.
i was little worried after reading your mention regarding pump header using dc to regulate the pump may cause pump stop.
I want to ask regarding pump noise.

here is a link of a video recording

This is when pump is connected to CPU_OPT/W_PUMP header
around 10 sec, big noise produced when i change setting to W_PUMP mode from CPU_OPT mode.
this noise i've also got when pump was connected to CPU_FAN1 header.
This is my first time using AIO so i was wondering what noise is typical appropriate working noise.

Thanks

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Thanks for your reply.
i was little worried after reading your mention regarding pump header using dc to regulate the pump may cause pump stop.
I want to ask regarding pump noise.

here is a link of a video recording

This is when pump is connected to CPU_OPT/W_PUMP header
around 10 sec, big noise produced when i change setting to W_PUMP mode from CPU_OPT mode.
this noise i've also got when pump was connected to CPU_FAN1 header.
This is my first time using AIO so i was wondering what noise is typical appropriate working noise.

Thanks
Hi Radar24,

Nothing to be worried about there.
What is happening with your system is that the little air inside the system gets intensely whirled when the pump is running full speed (CPU_FAN1 and similar). The pump can run slower, as long as its running. If you want to run the pump at full speed, with lesser acoustic footprint, you will need to do one of two things:
  1. Place the radiator higher than the pump (on the vertical axis) and place the tubes at the bottom of the radiator.
  2. If you're running a SFF build, the 645LT is designed in a way that CAN allow airbubbles to stick in the radiator. However this only works in one orientation with pump above radiator (again, vertical axis). You will then need to have your radiator tubes exiting the bottom of the radiator (looking at it on a horizontal axis).
Please feel free to ask any questions or let me know if something was unclear :)

Reactions: Phuncz

geforce6200

Trash Compacter
Sep 29, 2019
@AseDen is there a way to rotate the tubing on the fittings to relieve some stresses from the routing?
Are you talking about the stress specifically resulted by using Losercard's mode? This is actually something I want to check with @AseDen . Once tubes at radiator side are rotated to the opposite direction by 180 degree, tubes also needed to be twisted by 180 degree. I am not sure if this should be a concern or not.

Joche87

Chassis Packer
Mar 22, 2020
Hi, could someone tell me how to reduce and minimize the noice level with the Asetek 645. I just installed it after using the NH-L9i which was much quieter. im using the i7 9700 and temperatures are good now at around 55c. (before it was about 77c). I only have two 92mm noctua fans in there now, one above the radiator and one at the bottom under the mobo. I just want it to be quite when idle, its okey with noice when gaming.

edit: found the solution and it was ASUS Suit 3.

Last edited:

Lbibass

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2020
Hi, could someone tell me how to reduce and minimize the noice level with the Asetek 645. I just installed it after using the NH-L9i which was much quieter. im using the i7 9700 and temperatures are good now at around 55c. (before it was about 77c). I only have two 92mm noctua fans in there now, one above the radiator and one at the bottom under the mobo. I just want it to be quite when idle, its okey with noice when gaming.

I would use something like Fancontrol, which you can find here. https://github.com/Rem0o/FanControl.Releases

I use it, and it's AMAZING.

againstodds

Cable Smoosher
Jul 16, 2019

Here it says the optimal position for the radiator is to be higher than the pump. This is not possible with the Dan A4 case. So what is the official best mounting position for the Asetek 645lt when used inside a Dan A4 case ? Could someone post a picture of it ? Will the pump have negative consequences if it is operating inside a Dan A4 case ?

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Are you talking about the stress specifically resulted by using Losercard's mode? This is actually something I want to check with @AseDen . Once tubes at radiator side are rotated to the opposite direction by 180 degree, tubes also needed to be twisted by 180 degree. I am not sure if this should be a concern or not.

It's difficult to comment without a picture. But the tube are made to be bent 180 degrees without issues. And the connectors are designed to be quite durable.
Naturally you don't want to overstrain (sorry, it's incredibly difficult to be specific about stress to a joint) the joint. But within reason I don't foresee it being an issue.

Here it says the optimal position for the radiator is to be higher than the pump. This is not possible with the Dan A4 case. So what is the official best mounting position for the Asetek 645lt when used inside a Dan A4 case ? Could someone post a picture of it ? Will the pump have negative consequences if it is operating inside a Dan A4 case ?

Hi againstodds.
You are absolutely correct. It is not an option in the Dan Case.
For absolutely ideal operation I would recommend the losercard mod + flipping the radiator 180 degrees (tubes at the bottom of the case). That being said, we don't see any problems or concern mounting it the regular way in the Dan Cases A4. You are likely to experience more intrusive acoustics, as microbubbles will be present in the pump.

The only potentially negative cause it is likely to have, is higher acoustics. Naturally if you expect to be running it 24/7/365 for years, there will be issues down the line - but it isn't something I would worry about.

Lbibass

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2020
Hey @AseDen I have one other question: I took off the plastic cover on the 645LT, and noticed that there was a pad labeled PWM on the PCB.

Is there circuitry on the PCB to support PWM, or will that pin do nothing if I add a connector to it?