News Asetek 645LT for the SFF community!

SFF Forum, thank you for being patient with me!

It's finally time. We are launching the successor of the 545LC.
It will be called the 645LT and will be shipping via Overclockers UK and SFF Labs.

Overclockers UK should have stock, as I have been informed, by early April with SFF Labs following later.

UPDATED POINTS OF PURCHASE:

• OverclockersUK
  • Caseking.de
  • Sliger Cases
  • w360mod
An updated list should also be available here, at most times: https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthus...gdiy/cpu-cooling/small-form-factor-cpu-cooler

We have been working with Daniel from DAN Case on which changes to implement. At the same time we've tried to implement as many of his requests as we could. And I'd say we've done a pretty good job.

What changes is the 645LT bringing then?
  • Asetek Generation 6 pump
  • Noise reduction foam in the pump cap
  • 90 degree angled bends on the hex
  • Slightly longer tubes to ease installation
we've kept the original non-sleeved tubing due to requests from the community.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me here, PM, email or Twitter.

I look forward to chatting with all of you!

Much love,

Asetek Dennis

Last edited:

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
Well... I started on the cooling mod on Friday, but I didn't have the threaded inserts. After pulling the current hardware off, I realized I'd be screwed. However, I continued on using zip ties. I was planning to make my own custom cabling from scratch, but now that I can't mount my GPU, I'll just have to use the wiring kit lengths from @LoserCard (I'll be working on that today).

And I'm currently running my Dan A4 w/out GPU and my PSU sitting on top of the case...

Scottland

Chassis Packer
Dec 14, 2019
Hope you'll like it :D

Are you guys still experiencing shortages? if so, please let me know where and when :)

I got mine from OcUK and had no issues getting stock.

I'm getting on ok with mine, I find the pump speed at 100% too much for me - is there a lower value where the pump is not happy? I can set it as low as "2400rpm" (i.e. 1200rpm actual?) but is that too low for the pump to cope with, or is it fine?

I've been playing with the adjustment curve today and have it sat about 1500/3000rpm up to about 60°C where I start to increase it. This works pretty well for me, but don't want to cause issues down the line if it's laboring the pump or something.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
@AseDen is there a way to rotate the tubing on the fittings to relieve some stresses from the routing?
Technically they can rotate... In practicality, it'll be next to impossible. The tubes are VERY tight on the barbs... So tight that in order to mount them, we use a special lubricant, and once that is evaporated, I'm having a difficult time believing they can still be rotated. At least without failing.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
I got mine from OcUK and had no issues getting stock.

I'm getting on ok with mine, I find the pump speed at 100% too much for me - is there a lower value where the pump is not happy? I can set it as low as "2400rpm" (i.e. 1200rpm actual?) but is that too low for the pump to cope with, or is it fine?

I've been playing with the adjustment curve today and have it sat about 1500/3000rpm up to about 60°C where I start to increase it. This works pretty well for me, but don't want to cause issues down the line if it's laboring the pump or something.

While we do recommend running the pump at stock speeds, I have not heard of issues running it slower than its default.
-Apart from the natural occuring things, like lower flow ;)
What you do want though, is to make sure the liquid doesn't get to 60C and above. At that point you will start damaging the system - but from what you're describing your setup sounds like it's within specs :)

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
How can i make sure the liquid doesnt get to 60C ? Is there a way to check the temperature of the liquid ?
With the 645LT there is no way to measure temperature.
however if you’re operating within reasonable spec it shouldn’t become an issue. (Ie. Don’t let it get too warm on idle (50+ and don’t let it run for long extended periods at 85+ without ever dipping slightly)

honestly as long as you don’t run Prime smallffts for like 48 hours straight at stupid settings or leave it setting at 55C idle due to fanand pump curves being too low.You should never bump into an issue with liquid getting too hot.

As with anything. A little common sense goes a very long way.

Reactions: rfarmer

DaHans

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
I have a old 545lc around here and a new X570 I Aorus.

Does the old 545lc am3 retention kit work for am4 too or do I have to order a new one?

Edit: Nope seems not: AM3/AM3+ used a 96/48 mm, whereas AM4 uses a 90/54 mm spacing

Last edited:

Danchoys

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 23, 2020
Hi, guys! Hi @AseDen! :) I have recently assembled by gaming machine in a Dan A4 v4.1 with 9700K, RX5700 from PowerColor (small ITX one), and Strix Z390-I being the mobo. And obviously I went with a 645LT :) I’m pretty impressed with the setup, but I have some newbie questions.

That’s my first time with SFF and liquid cooling and I didn’t really know what to expect, but I’m a bit concerned about the noise the pump is making. It’s not the air bubbles issue, it’s rather smth similar to this video: . I thought that the only noise I was going to get would be the fans, but apparently on idle with those tiny Noctuas being very silent and both GPU and PSU having fans off the only noise I hear is the pump. And that high-pitched sound is really annoying. Is it normal and am I just too sensitive? ? I tried putting the pump in DC mode and slowing it down a bit, but I found it even worse as while the volume does go down, the pitch gets unstable and unpleasant like a mosquito ?

Secondly I’m a bit worried about the thermals. During gaming the whole system finds equilibrium at around 72 degrees, both CPU and GPU and even SSD which is imo a bit too high. While I’m not really concerned about the graphics card, I’m worried about the liquid running too hot. I haven’t done undervolting and I’m using the stock bulky cables (which I already ordered a custom replacement for). Are these temps indeed too high? Can it damage my AIO in a long run?

Cheers,
Daniil

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Hi, guys! Hi @AseDen! :) I have recently assembled by gaming machine in a Dan A4 v4.1 with 9700K, RX5700 from PowerColor (small ITX one), and Strix Z390-I being the mobo. And obviously I went with a 645LT :) I’m pretty impressed with the setup, but I have some newbie questions.

That’s my first time with SFF and liquid cooling and I didn’t really know what to expect, but I’m a bit concerned about the noise the pump is making. It’s not the air bubbles issue, it’s rather smth similar to this video: . I thought that the only noise I was going to get would be the fans, but apparently on idle with those tiny Noctuas being very silent and both GPU and PSU having fans off the only noise I hear is the pump. And that high-pitched sound is really annoying. Is it normal and am I just too sensitive? ? I tried putting the pump in DC mode and slowing it down a bit, but I found it even worse as while the volume does go down, the pitch gets unstable and unpleasant like a mosquito ?

Secondly I’m a bit worried about the thermals. During gaming the whole system finds equilibrium at around 72 degrees, both CPU and GPU and even SSD which is imo a bit too high. While I’m not really concerned about the graphics card, I’m worried about the liquid running too hot. I haven’t done undervolting and I’m using the stock bulky cables (which I already ordered a custom replacement for). Are these temps indeed too high? Can it damage my AIO in a long run?

Cheers,
Daniil
Hi Daniil,

To me it sounds like there's a lack of noiseinsulating foam in the cap. Could you open it up and look? (lightly squeeze on both sides of the cap on either side of the tubing and pull up, should come loose).
If there's indeed foam in there, I'd be more than happy to bring it to our QC department for evaluation :)

72C equilibrium, while obviously not ideal, is about what I'd expect with a stock 9700K and no custom cables (maybe someone who's used to running a similar setup can clarify?). Having more airflow (ie custom cables) will help temps and so would undervolting or adjusting the powerlimits for boosting and/or AVX offset.
The liquid temps shouldn't be the same as the CPU temps. Thus I wouldn't be too worried about it. Our systems are made to handle liquid temperatures of up to 60C, and that shouldn't happen at full pump speed in your setup. Obviously, the less flow and slower fanspeed, the hotter the liquid will get.

Looking forward to hearing more from you :)

Best,
Dennis

beastmonkey

Chassis Packer
Jan 23, 2020
I have seen some people mount the fan below the radiator but most people run it above, (thinking about in a dan a4 case). Is there any reason why one use case is better than the other?

Danchoys

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 23, 2020
Hi Daniil,

To me it sounds like there's a lack of noiseinsulating foam in the cap. Could you open it up and look? (lightly squeeze on both sides of the cap on either side of the tubing and pull up, should come loose).
If there's indeed foam in there, I'd be more than happy to bring it to our QC department for evaluation :)

72C equilibrium, while obviously not ideal, is about what I'd expect with a stock 9700K and no custom cables (maybe someone who's used to running a similar setup can clarify?). Having more airflow (ie custom cables) will help temps and so would undervolting or adjusting the powerlimits for boosting and/or AVX offset.
The liquid temps shouldn't be the same as the CPU temps. Thus I wouldn't be too worried about it. Our systems are made to handle liquid temperatures of up to 60C, and that shouldn't happen at full pump speed in your setup. Obviously, the less flow and slower fanspeed, the hotter the liquid will get.

Looking forward to hearing more from you :)

Best,
Dennis

Hi! Thanks a lot for your reply :) I have taken the cap off and there was a foam piece in there, but it looks a bit... (what's the right term in English...) rumbled? Like it won't restore its shape when removed. Not like in the Optimum Tech's video:

While I can send it for evaluation, doing so will mean no gaming for an extended period of time as I'm based in Russia, so maybe I need to try some DIY solution first, like trying out some custom noise-cancelling foam or smth :)

For the temps, I have received the shorter cables, applied an undervolt of 0.1A and tightened the pump with a screwdriver (without going crazy ofc) and now I'm getting around 61-63C when gaming which is actually pretty incredible. I also bumped the GPU rpms a little bit as my card tended to run hot and quiet rather than balanced and it is now also around the same temperature.

Cheers

Danchoys

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 23, 2020
Ah, just realized I can't edit messages here... The timecode for the foam thing in the above video is 1:21.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Hi! Thanks a lot for your reply :) I have taken the cap off and there was a foam piece in there, but it looks a bit... (what's the right term in English...) rumbled? Like it won't restore its shape when removed. Not like in the Optimum Tech's video:

While I can send it for evaluation, doing so will mean no gaming for an extended period of time as I'm based in Russia, so maybe I need to try some DIY solution first, like trying out some custom noise-cancelling foam or smth :)

For the temps, I have received the shorter cables, applied an undervolt of 0.1A and tightened the pump with a screwdriver (without going crazy ofc) and now I'm getting around 61-63C when gaming which is actually pretty incredible. I also bumped the GPU rpms a little bit as my card tended to run hot and quiet rather than balanced and it is now also around the same temperature.

Cheers

I've done a bit of testing myself, and adding more foam can definitely help. Also if you put a little duct-tape on the retention arms of the pump cap, that'll minimize the vibration sound as well :)

Reactions: Bask06

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Ah, just realized I can't edit messages here... The timecode for the foam thing in the above video is 1:21.

We've recently done some internal testing (for another project) that has revealed another way you can potentially minimize acoustics from the 645LT.

Flipping your radiator to have tubes at the bottom will POTENTIALLY alleviate one of the main acoustic issues with the 645LT - air getting caught in the pump unit (due to the way it is placed in the A4-SFX). This would allow airbubbles to still be permanently caught in the radiator as intended. :)

Reactions: Phuncz

againstodds

Cable Smoosher
Jul 16, 2019
Can the asetek 645lt support the new intel 10700k inside dans case A4 ? Anyone tried it and can report expected temperatures ?

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Can the asetek 645lt support the new intel 10700k inside dans case A4 ? Anyone tried it and can report expected temperatures ?

Yes, as with all other Asetek based SKUs, the 645LT does support socket LGA1200 :) No new hardware needed.

How it handles the heat? I cannot tell, as I haven't had the chance to try it out yet (no love to me from Intel :( )

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@AseDen can you update the product page with availability? SFFLab URL no longer exists, I think it should be W360MOD now.

Also where else in Asia that I can buy the 645LT? W360MOD used to ship to Asian countries but has stopped for months now - US and Canada only now. Understand the pandemic situation plays a role but would like to have some info as to when, where and how I might be able to get one.