Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
My online shop is getting absolutely hammered with traffic ? . At this rate it is going to be sold out within a few days (to a week). @SFF community : go get one before it's sold out, and thanks again for the support. Demand is absolutely overwhelming.
At least it’s launching before Ali or the other ‘tubers get reviews out.

I still remember this websites performance issues when it was linked on a T1 info vid. Better make sure the shop is ready....

Really good news. I do however want to point out, I told you so!

I know there has been a few posts on Reddit which may have boosted the visibility but the product is awesome.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
For res i chose this this. The reservoir will be secured behind the radiator. The radiator will be installed behind the body on a special frame. I am still waiting to receive all the parts of my future build. In the meantime, I only have this. In the last photo the rad frame is waiting for painting.
Ah, you clearly have more maximalist tastes than me :p Those ...cases? look pretty neat, but not for me. Just thinking of all the dust makes me shudder :p
My online shop is getting absolutely hammered with traffic ? . At this rate it is going to be sold out within a few days (to a week). @SFF community : go get one before it's sold out, and thanks again for the support. Demand is absolutely overwhelming.
Well deserved! I'm glad I got my order in early.

• Haha
Reactions: Fitchew

RZEX

Caliper Novice
Mar 30, 2019
I think that the mounting kits should be improved. When I using the original mounting kits, it's hard to lock those screws and a bit uneven. So the temperature performance was not good as I thought. After changing to EK's mounting kits (from supremacy EVO), than it performed much better.

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
hey all, could someone who already got it measure the exact hole distance of the ports?
I would like to know if the EK-quantum torque rotary fittings would fit :)

Last edited:

Anders

Chassis Packer
Sep 13, 2019
I think that the mounting kits should be improved. When I using the original mounting kits, it's hard to lock those screws and a bit uneven. So the temperature performance was not good as I thought. After changing to EK's mounting kits (from supremacy EVO), than it performed much better.

@RZEX When you used EK mounting kit, did you just use the EK mounting plate? or did you swap out everything? including the Precise Mount screws from the supremacy EVO?

RZEX

Caliper Novice
Mar 30, 2019
After some test, here's my result.

System

CPUR5-2400G 3950 mhz @ 1.425V
PumpDDC310
RadAlphacool st30 V2
FanTL-C12 @ 1000 rpm
MBMSI B350I
Room temp24 C

Taobao customizedAq Aq+ek mountEK classic AMD
CPU idle29302928.5
water idle27272727
flow125130130176
CPU burn73777471
water burn30303030

I thought that maybe my AM4 back plate quality was not good, so the original mounting kits didn't work well. It's a bit uneven.

The mounting kits from EK would make sure that it mounted more flatten.

Since the intel system has its own back plate, maybe this would not happen to it.

JSItems

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2019
I've now seen a couple of reports about the AM4 mounting kit. I just ordered one of these, do you guys think it's worth canceling the order? I don't want to pay $25 in shipping fees just to have to return a product if it isn't performing adequately.

@Nouvolo - Would it be possible for me to have my order delayed (without a refund)? I am switching from Intel to AMD in November and won't need this right away, so if there is a concern for QC, I would want to know if this could be a possible option rather than refunding the order or (even worse) having to return it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
if any can try using the EK-torque
I thought that maybe my AM4 back plate quality was not good, so the original mounting kits didn't work well. It's a bit uneven.

The mounting kits from EK would make sure that it mounted more flatten.

Since the intel system has its own back plate, maybe this would not happen to it.

@RZEX Aquanaut does NOT include AM4 backplate, that is included in all AMD Ryzen motherboards. Do you mean the mount bracket? Actually I am not quite sure which part you are referring to in the Aq kit. Maybe post a photo of the part, if there are any issues I can send a replacement.

You may want to check screwing in the Aq standoffs evenly onto the AM4 backplate. I have checked the standoffs and mounting mechanism, seems it should not cause unevenness to the placement of the whole water block/coldplate.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I've now seen a couple of reports about the AM4 mounting kit. I just ordered one of these, do you guys think it's worth canceling the order? I don't want to pay $25 in shipping fees just to have to return a product if it isn't performing adequately.

@Nouvolo - Would it be possible for me to have my order delayed (without a refund)? I am switching from Intel to AMD in November and won't need this right away, so if there is a concern for QC, I would want to know if this could be a possible option rather than refunding the order or (even worse) having to return it.
yeah same, I also just ordered today.
Had to pay 29$ shipping, what is pretty steep if it doesn't perform well...

We provide replacement if there are QC issues.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
To clarify about backplate (the part installed underneath the motherboard), so that we are all on the same page:

115x backplate.jpg
Aquanaut Intel 115X - motherboard backplate included

am4-backplate.jpg
Aquanaut AMD AM4 - motherboard backplate NOT included

This is standard arrangement for most water cooling blocks products. All AMD AM4 motherboards include their own backplates. Intel 115X compatible backplates are all similar. You do not have to use the Aq Intel backplate if you have another one you are more comfortable with.

RZEX

Caliper Novice
Mar 30, 2019
To clarify about backplate (the part installed underneath the motherboard), so that we are all on the same page:

View attachment 807

View attachment 808

This is standard arrangement for most water cooling blocks products. All AMD AM4 motherboards include their own backplates. Intel 115X compatible backplates are all similar. You do not have to use the Aq Intel backplate if you have another one you are more comfortable with.

View attachment 807

View attachment 808

I am using the original AMD backplate.

Maybe the quality of backplate was not good, so it cause the issue.

Maybe add some washer like ek Classic amd does would help solve the problem.

I’ll do more test for it.

RZEX

Caliper Novice
Mar 30, 2019
I am using the original AMD backplate.

Maybe the quality of backplate was not good, so it cause the issue.

Maybe add some washer like ek Classic amd does would help solve the problem.

I’ll do more test for it.

As you can see on the pic, the my backplate its not flat. So the problem is not from the screw from Aquanaut.

EK's classic AMD also using the same backplate, why it works well?

I think those washers play an important role here.

Since the height would be controlled by the washer, so it will be even.

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
makes total sense, the Heatkiller by watercool also has got studs and washers that somewhat guarantee a pretty level initial mounting.
But if you screw in the mounting screws crosswise, it should come out pretty even, no?