Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

Vatzz

Chassis Packer
Sep 29, 2020
Ordered one today!
I had been searching for a suitable pump/block combo for the last few weeks and saw a post about this on Reddit. Couldn't have come at a better time!
Should be a perfect snug fit for my sm580 once the new AMD CPUs come out.
I saw from a previous post the the total height of the block with a bitspower DDC is 55mm with the heatsink, but the PWM version is difficult to find in Australia without exorbitant international shipping.
Has anyone fitted one of the EK DDC 3.2 pumps and able to tell me the height?

Reactions: Nouvolo

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Ordered one today!
I had been searching for a suitable pump/block combo for the last few weeks and saw a post about this on Reddit. Couldn't have come at a better time!
Should be a perfect snug fit for my sm580 once the new AMD CPUs come out.
I saw from a previous post the the total height of the block with a bitspower DDC is 55mm with the heatsink, but the PWM version is difficult to find in Australia without exorbitant international shipping.
Has anyone fitted one of the EK DDC 3.2 pumps and able to tell me the height?

I’m using the EK PWM pump.

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
EK PWM is 54mm
hmm I was expecting the EK pump to be fair bit thinner than the Bitspower one, what without the integrated heatsink so 54 vs 55 is quite disappointing IMO. Was really hoping Aquanaut + EK DDC would be 50mm or less to fit perfectly in 3-slot mode. How's the bulge on the mesh panel looking?

Reactions: ellroy80

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
hmm I was expecting the EK pump to be fair bit thinner than the Bitspower one, what without the integrated heatsink so 54 vs 55 is quite disappointing IMO. Was really hoping Aquanaut + EK DDC would be 50mm or less to fit perfectly in 3-slot mode. How's the bulge on the mesh panel looking?
There isn’t one, that’s 54mm to the motherboard. No bulge.

Danglos

Cable Smoosher
Sep 12, 2020
I'm interested in getting one for a future project but not sure whether I'd go AMD or Intel next time. Can you not sell a version which come with both possibilities or are they too different? Thanks. Alternatively if these will be stocked for a longer time frame i.e. next 6 months I'll likely have started my next build by then.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
yep, this is the measurement value that I was expecting. thanks Huda! will try the Bitspower pump to see how the bulge looks like (55mm vs. 53mm of the EK-AIO block), whenever I can get to my supply of watercooling parts ?
Honestly, I wonder if anyone can make a thinner water block than Aquanaut (in acrylic). Although I try to make it as compact as possible, I am creating Aquanaut for all SFF cases. It would be great if it fits T1, but already at <50mm, just in case anybody asks, and for the record?, I will not (and probably cannot) make it go lower specially for T1. You can ask T1 to go thicker instead ?

Edit: Aquanaut acrylic blocks total height is 21mm (3mm coldplate), and with pump impeller cavity of 8.5mm (unavoidable), I only have 12mm to play with. Just you know my engineering constraints.

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
Honestly, I wonder if anyone can make a thinner water block than Aquanaut (in acrylic). Although I try to make it as compact as possible, I am creating Aquanaut for all SFF cases. It would be great if it fits T1, but already at <50mm, just in case anybody asks, and for the record?, I will not (and probably cannot) make it go lower specially for T1. You can ask T1 to go thicker instead ?

Edit: Aquanaut acrylic blocks total height is 21mm (3mm coldplate), and with pump impeller cavity of 8.5mm (unavoidable), I only have 12mm to play with. Just you know my engineering constraints.
that's fine. I don't think any of us are expecting you to build this specifically for the T1 (that's what @Wahaha360's FreeFlo is for). Besides it's already been proven twice now that it works fine in the T1 as is so no need to make any further changes just for us

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

yep, Aquanaut is already <50mm with standard DDC pump so I have no complaint or anything, and no one else should either. just trying to push the limit to see what I can get away with really ?

Reactions: ellroy80

Vatzz

Chassis Packer
Sep 29, 2020
So for anyone interested, I just found an old EK DDC 3.2. Measurement from heatsink to top of the base is 28mm which would give a total height of 52mm.

I also have a swiftech MCP355 which has no heatsink and is 21mm which would give a total height of 45mm.