Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Just prepared product web page for launch later (not yet publicly published). Note: mention & special thanks to you who have participated in this early phase ??. You can refer to the page later for installation guide, but I should also include a printed version in the box.

Will add your (positive?) feedback in review and testimonial on the page after you have tested it.

Last edited:

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
Super excited! Just ordered a new MCP35X so I don’t have to tear down my Apogee Drive II to test.

Thanks for all the info + updates! ?

Last edited:

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
I should mention that I may not get around to using this right away. I'm going to rework my watercooling in my Ghost S1, but I have some other parts I want to look into before I do that and I won't be using the block until everything is in place.

I'm happy to be an early supporter with the caveat that I won't be using it right away and won't be a source of feedback as a result. If you need to focus on those who are actually going to use and test it right away then feel free to drop me off of the list.

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020
So next question. What pump should I get with this? I need something small and quiet. Will be doing cpu and gpu, but also have to push through two 200mm, 85mm thick rads....

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
Well, you'll have to get a Laing DDC based pump. They're all quite similiar, some have PCM or differing voltage recomondations but they are still DDC. So if you treat them properly you'll have rougly the same noise.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I should mention that I may not get around to using this right away. I'm going to rework my watercooling in my Ghost S1, but I have some other parts I want to look into before I do that and I won't be using the block until everything is in place.

I'm happy to be an early supporter with the caveat that I won't be using it right away and won't be a source of feedback as a result. If you need to focus on those who are actually going to use and test it right away then feel free to drop me off of the list.
Hey, please do not feel pressured to build as soon as you have received it. Although it would be ideal to have as many builds and reviews as possible, 2-3 builds and temp reads will be enough to give us the confidence to push for official launch. We have around 40 sign ups, and I hope/expect 2-3 builds is not a big ask??

Although it is called a "beta" stage, I have tested the basic things such as leakage, restriction by the water block, and considering that the water block channels are very similar to existing blocks, I do not envisage too much problem if the law of physics holds? .

Update: Contacted OptimumTech@Ali and he is interested and willing to take a look at this after it is launched. So appreciate if we could get a couple builds and temp readings and could then send it over.

Last edited:

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
Hey, please do not feel pressured to build as soon as you have received it. Although it would be ideal to have as many builds and reviews as possible, 2-3 builds and temp reads will be enough to give us the confidence to push for official launch. We have around 40 sign ups, and I hope/expect 2-3 builds is not a big ask??

Although it is called a "beta" stage, I have tested the basic things such as leakage, restriction by the water block, and considering that the water block channels are very similar to existing blocks, I do not envisage too much problem if the law of physics holds? .

Update: Contacted OptimumTech@Ali and he is interested and willing to take a look at this after it is launched. So appreciate if we could get a couple builds and temp readings and could then send it over.
Why not sending Ali a review unit ?

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Why not sending Ali a review unit ?
It's common practice that reviewers (youtubers) would review (indirectly/inevitably promote) a product only after it is launched, i.e. selling to public. They are very careful of giving products exposure (endorsing) but end up failing to go to market, and in many cases taken money from buyers.

Doesn't help if I get an early bad review. Would rather get a good review later. ? No rush, one step at a time.

Fitchew

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 2, 2019
It's common practice that reviewers (youtubers) would review (indirectly/inevitably promote) a product only after it is launched, i.e. selling to public. They are very careful of giving products exposure (endorsing) but end up failing to go to market, and in many cases taken money from buyers.

In general, OptimumTech@Ali several times reviewed products that were still in development. But in general, this approach is understandable. I see no reason to rush to reviews.

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020

Doesn't help if I get an early bad review. Would rather get a good review later. ? No rush, one step at a time.
Well then, time to buy an extra T1 and a G1/4 thermal sensor for testing

• Haha
Reactions: thelaughingman

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Will be going in with my new thicker radiator in the T1 as soon as it arrives.

I'm thinking I might be able to convert to a 3 slot setup on the GPU side.....

Reactions: thelaughingman

Fitchew

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 2, 2019
My next build will base on replica of Motif Monument with backframe for 240/280 rad. So basically the test of block will be on an open bench stand.

loophole

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 7, 2020
I'm on the shortlist for this - one concern I have is around a discrete reservoir. Do you think I can get away with single 240/GPU block/Aquanaut in a T1 or should I get an res as well?

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
I'm on the shortlist for this - one concern I have is around a discrete reservoir. Do you think I can get away with single 240/GPU block/Aquanaut in a T1 or should I get an res as well?
Here's my plan. I'm gonna connect the inlet of the cpu block and the rare G1/4 port with a soft tube (There should be enough clearance looking at @fabio 's build) That soft tube can perform as a small res. Also, that port is perfect for filling and air exhausting. You can put a beautiful air exhausting fitting there for a better look and safer custom loop.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Here's my plan. I'm gonna connect the inlet of the cpu block and the rare G1/4 port with a soft tube (There should be enough clearance looking at @fabio 's build) That soft tube can perform as a small res. Also, that port is perfect for filling and air exhausting. You can put a beautiful air exhausting fitting there for a better look and safer custom loop.
where is the rare G1/4 port? I only see the inlet and outlet on the block which are used up already.

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
@Nouvolo Just noticed the heatsink of the ROG Strix x570-I. Is this mobo checked to be compatible with the block? That heat sink makes the VRM area a bit higher, not sure whether the block can get on top of it.
But Aorus X570-I can absolutely fit it so I'm hesitating changing to Aorus. (trade off is one less fan header and less rare usb ports. These two are kinda important for my plan)

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
@Nouvolo Just noticed the heatsink of the ROG Strix x570-I. Is this mobo checked to be compatible with the block? That heat sink makes the VRM area a bit higher, not sure whether the block can get on top of it.
But Aorus X570-I can absolutely fit it so I'm hesitating changing to Aorus. (trade off is one less fan header and less rare usb ports. These two are kinda important for my plan)
Answer in short : we have to find out ?

I did some checking with the Asus B550-i board and it should fit. But I can't check for compatibility for every current or future boards for DIY parts like this.

Actually I have thought about that when designing it. If I have to be 100% sure, I need to have 2 separate designs for AMD and Intel...

Last edited: