Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
Answer in short : we have to find out ?

I did some checking with the Asus B550-i board and it should fit. But I can't check for compatibility for every current or future boards for DIY parts like this.

Actually I have thought about that when designing it. If I have to be 100% sure, I need to have 2 separate designs for AMD and Intel...
Can the block be installed vertically? That way I'll never need to worry about the compatability.

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
The thumbscrews are going to make it very tight.
Good news here!
I just recalled that ROG Ryujin has a extremely huge water block (100*100*70). And it's on the support list of ROG X570-I! Also I can see that the heat sinks on both B550-I and X570-I are the same! That means we can reasonably expect the ROG X570-I fits!

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@Nouvolo just notice you have this picture on the product page for the Aquanaut AM4 version

I want flip the block so the ports are on the RAM side instead of rear IO side, any reason not to do so?

Reactions: Fitchew and Nouvolo

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
@Nouvolo just notice you have this picture on the product page for the Aquanaut AM4 version

I want flip the block so the ports are on the RAM side instead of rear IO side, any reason not to do so?
It seems OK but I think that will make it harder to fill the loop or route your tubes (the inlet is at the downside now).

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Did you think that you can give the option to use other aftermarket coldplates?
Like the EKWB Magnitude Flat, or Optimus Cooling, or the Heatkiller IV. All of these are pretty cheap and easy to find!
I am telling this mainly for the AM4 CPU, having the CPU area bigger and the necessity to cover it properly with the fins!

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Like the EKWB Magnitude Flat, or Optimus Cooling, or the Heatkiller IV. All of these are pretty cheap and easy to find!
I am telling this mainly for the AM4 CPU, having the CPU area bigger and the necessity to cover it properly with the fins!
interesting! I would definitely welcome the opportunity to get any of those top cold plates and combine with this top.
@Nouvolo maybe a modder's kit (excluding just the cold plate) for the future?

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I am cautious to claim compatibility with other brands cold plates. But I would probably try this with EK-Supremacy or other similar ones. ?

It is my position, as a business, not to claim compatibility or support for product for other brands.

Reactions: thelaughingman

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
I am cautious to claim compatibility with other brands cold plates. But I would probably try this with EK-Supremacy or other similar ones. ?

It is my position, as a business, not to claim compatibility or support for product for other brands.
Don’t be Intel’s 11th Gen Ryzen CPU launch just now

tramas

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 5, 2020
@samyope @Boil : have removed you from the list.

Please note that official launch will be USD64 (vs USD47 [~27% off] for SFFF peeps).

Update: will send out invoices around next week. Want to make sure I check the goods coming out of production before I send them out.
Hi @Nouvolo, look good!

How can I receive the invoice to test this asap in my setup? Thanks in advance

Reactions: wenyuax

LegendsofMace

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
You need to have signed up for this beta stage earlier. I have ordered some now and it may take couple weeks to be ready.

Hello Nouvolo! I'm fairly new to water-cooling, just did my first build earlier this year. Would this work to replace the pump/block shown in this video?
Specifically it's the Swiftech Apogee drive II, and it's nowhere in stock. I'm wanting to do a dual rad build inside my Ncase for after the 3080/3090 releases. Thanks in advance!

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Hello Nouvolo! I'm fairly new to water-cooling, just did my first build earlier this year. Would this work to replace the pump/block shown in this video?
Specifically it's the Swiftech Apogee drive II, and it's nowhere in stock. I'm wanting to do a dual rad build inside my Ncase for after the 3080/3090 releases. Thanks in advance!
Yes, Aquanaut should be able to replace Apogee, but you need to get your own pump for this.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Are there any DDC pumps that can be powered through the 4-pin connector only? Wouldn't mind getting rid of that molex and plugging into my aquacomputer, which can handle the maximum loads