Concept APU Case, semi passive

BrickChris

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
Hey I'm Chris from Germany,
i have a dream ;-). A steal case, high airflow, positive pressure and dust filtration. It has to be dead silent, a clean look and robust. - exept the front fans no moving parts.

That is what i ended with. I want to use a hd plex pico, if its available in near furure -.-, and mabe a tower cooler with a removed fan.

Pleas let me hear what you think!

If it's the wrong forum feel free to move this post. Thank You!

Last edited:
Reactions: wesbl

BrickChris

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
Hey, ive been working on the project several days now. the design has changed a little: from a wrap-around design to a splitted. Now it looks almost like the L3...and that was really not my intention. It is just a perfect case for me. - Exept the airflow. I will go for a passive heatsink from arctic. This one is very tall, so i will have to either cut the sink or widen the case a bit.

German workers are expensive. The cheapest offer has three numbers.....

Lone

King of Cable Management
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Have you had a look at the L5 thread yet? It's similar to what you're after, but it doesn't eliminate the expansion slots. With an APU build, this unused area may be a good spot for an internal PSU.

BrickChris

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
You´re right Lone, but i wanted to use an PCIe to M.2 adapter for more storage and maybe a bracket for 2,5" drives in this area. i do like youre work, an would purchase one of yours... but there is a financial pool from my university, that pays if i do this projekt on my own :D. My wife needs one too, so you will see my name on your list in the future

Reactions: dealda

BrickChris

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
for cost reduction it has to be simpler and simpler and.... not as i wanted it to be. The second blueprint one is shown my favourite, but has to many parts. and the more parts, the more €€€

The final thing just works. Is almost 2kg heavy and is rock solid. Matte black or gray would fit perfectly

Reactions: wesbl

BrickChris

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
The prototype is on its way. I widened the case a bit to fit the arctiv AM4 passive cooler. - And its out of Alloy now. I'm excited as f..
I'll post some pictures as soon as it arrives.

BrickChris

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 28, 2018
Thank You!

Today most of the parts arrived. I build a semi-closed testbench and let run AIDA64 for half an hour. Seems the Pasive heatsink can handle the watts!!! My cooling concept works. (83°C stressing CPU+GPU)

Turns out, that the 2200G performs in game better, when CPU unterclocked to 3,2 GHz and the Graphics Overclocked to 1,3 Ghz at 1.2V. With the RAM at stock 2,8 GHz an increase of round about 10-20 FPS depending on the game.

The Unterclocked CPU helps with keeping the temps down under the hood...

The only thing that is missing (exept the Case itself - middle of next week) i am waiting for the MoBo standoffs.... coming from Honkong

btw: where can i get those front I/O cables for cheap (new)? - want to wire/solider the power switch