Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Will some black 'out of stock' parts be restocked on Overclockers UK? Like the rear SFX PSU panel and some corner pieces? Bought a LZ7 for myself a while ago, and was now thinking to get one for my father as well.
We are planning to make a stock delivery of those parts on Monday, hopefully they will be available to order around mid week.

Reactions: Mackan

alrutani

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 26, 2020
Hello,
Today I ordered LZ7 with XTD upgrade kit
I will be starting with LZ7 first and see if it suits my VR environment needs

My system is
Gigabyte z390i motherboard
Intel Core i7-9700KF CPU
Gigabyte RTX 2070 mini ITX
2x Samsung 970 NvMe ssd 1TB
Corsair LPX 32GB DRAM 3000MHz DDR4
Noctua NH-L12S
CORSAIR SF600, 600 Watt, 80+ Gold
Fan CRYORIG XT140mm

I might do video as well to test VR !

Looking to know from where I can buy custom cables ?
- 24pin MB : 15cm
- 8 pin EPS : 18cm
- 8 pin PCI : 12cm

Regards
alrutani

Reactions: K888D

rfarmer

Shrink Way Wielder
Silver Supporter
Jul 7, 2017
You can try pslate customs, he does custom cables specifically for the LZ7, he is back ordered atm but sign up for email notifications and he should be accepting orders again soon.

alrutani

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 26, 2020
You can try pslate customs, he does custom cables specifically for the LZ7, he is back ordered atm but sign up for email notifications and he should be accepting orders again soon.
Sure I will do that, thanks.

Meanwhile,
I am new to building PCs I would like to get help in

1) Knowing name of each of these cables
2) For what they can be used

Picture is embadded

rfarmer

Shrink Way Wielder
Silver Supporter
Jul 7, 2017
Sure I will do that, thanks.

Meanwhile,
I am new to building PCs I would like to get help in

1) Knowing name of each of these cables
2) For what they can be used

Picture is embadded

A and B are SATA power cables, D is 24 pin motherboard cable. I can't see enough detail for C and E, one of them is the 8 pin EPS which is also to the motherboard, the other is probably a 6+2 PCIe for the graphics card. This can vary depending on if need one or two PCIe connectors and whether they are 6 or 8 pin.

alrutani

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 26, 2020
So if I use only 2x NVMe for the storage then I don't need a & b correct ?

These supposed to go inside LZ7 case with Corsair SFX600 power supply

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
Oct 13, 2016
^ Correct.

if you are going all NVMe storage than you only need the 24pin mobo connector, the 8 pin EPS mobo connector and whatever PCIe connector your GPU needs. So one 6+2 pin or two 6+2 cables to support most any gpu you can possibly cram into the LZ7.

I run all NVMe as well and use the SF600. Only need 3 power cables off the psu and its super convenient.

lasek

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2017
For custom cables, I can recommend DreambigByRay on Etsy, super fast response, great quality & affordable price.

alrutani

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 26, 2020
I am thinking to order these cables with its length
Do you think the length is perfect for LZ7 case with Gigabyte z390i motherboard ?

I want same like this

Last edited:

MassZERO

Chassis Packer
Dec 6, 2019
Its hard to navigate the configurator? what kind of configurator is it? is not even friendly user...
How do I know that my build will support the HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX?
I know that it supports, my question is If I build it will it?
what is the proper configurator for it to fully support HDPLEX?

Cause I watch from youtube that some guy having problem with it?
I wanna make sure that what I build already supports it...
I dont want to buy any upgrade or whatsoever...
Why not add it on the configurator the Build for ATX FLEX PSU or Build for HDPLEX

Watch this youtube and see whats the problem why the HDPLEX did not fit, but he was able to somehow got it working... But I think he buy the upgrade kit or something?

As I check on the website configurator? theres no option for HDPLEX? what If what I build doesn't support it? Do i have to rebuy again? omg!
Theres no option to select the same build as what the youtube reviewer was saying...

On the website configurator for the front panel what you have is the one that has a USB port and the other one that only has a power botton, it doesn't have the option the same as the youtubers front panel exaust fan and power botton only!

Making things very complicated for us?

Last edited: