Motherboard AM4 Thin ITX motherboards, They do exist!

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Thank you, I will keep that in mind. I went for a 120W power supply, will check the actual draw when it's here.
Yeah, actual power draw will be higher than 65W. My (non-thin) ITX 4650G build pulls ~110W under high loads, with a ~94% efficient PSU, so ~104W internal power draw.

Reactions: infoberg

infoberg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2021
Yeah, actual power draw will be higher than 65W. My (non-thin) ITX 4650G build pulls ~110W under high loads, with a ~94% efficient PSU, so ~104W internal power draw.
All parts arrived, after a quick assembly I checked it and the maximum power draw is 105W, so the 120W brick is just about sufficient.

Reactions: Valantar

denywinarto

Chassis Packer
Jul 5, 2018
I was wondering if there's a laptop chassis or shell that would fit with this board,
it could potentially make an upgradable laptop.. with atx to dc converter..
But the cooling and the I/O Shield might be an issue...
especially with higher end renoir,
Laptop cooling always have a very customized location..

ssouthall6

Trash Compacter
Jun 18, 2020
Is it coming with Thin-ITX backplate, or ITX, or both of them? What CPU do you planning to install?
It has both, which is a good thing. I already have a 4650g and 64gb SODIMM...but the whole point was to move away from a power-brick design (I have them in the deskmini at the moment)....now I have to find a small enough case and a power supply like HD PLEX or something that will fit in a case...didn't really think this through :D

LUNA Design

Average Stuffer
LUNA Design
Jun 22, 2017
luna-design.org
It has both, which is a good thing. I already have a 4650g and 64gb SODIMM...but the whole point was to move away from a power-brick design (I have them in the deskmini at the moment)....now I have to find a small enough case and a power supply like HD PLEX or something that will fit in a case...didn't really think this through :D
Great. The 4650g CPU is my main point for this mainboard. Hope, all things will go smoothly in your build. Hope, you'll keep us updated 😎

ssouthall6

Trash Compacter
Jun 18, 2020
Great. The 4650g CPU is my main point for this mainboard. Hope, all things will go smoothly in your build. Hope, you'll keep us updated 😎
Thanks! I never used an internal 19v psu before so I'm kinda nervous about it, especially as I already hoped to use the in win b1 or chopin as a case...and of course they are 12v psu's so I don't think that's gonna happen now. But never say never 🤣

LUNA Design

Average Stuffer
LUNA Design
Jun 22, 2017
luna-design.org
Thanks! I never used an internal 19v psu before so I'm kinda nervous about it, especially as I already hoped to use the in win b1 or chopin as a case...and of course they are 12v psu's so I don't think that's gonna happen now. But never say never 🤣
Actually all Thin mainboards can work with 12v power source in pass through mode. Maybe it's can work with this one.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Actually all Thin mainboards can work with 12v power source in pass through mode. Maybe it's can work with this one.

With the AsRock, 16VDC was the lowest I was able to boot with. Many others like the ViewNote / JUBO boards also accept 12VDC.

There are some pretty cheap second hand 19V 130W power supplies from AIO PCs which work pretty well with these boards. Still have a few laying around. I can put them in the trade section if someone is interested.

Last edited:

ssouthall6

Trash Compacter
Jun 18, 2020
With the AsRock, 16VDC was the lowest I was able to boot with. Many others like the ViewNote / JUBO boards also accept 12VDC.

There are some pretty cheap second hand 19V 130W power supplies from AIO PCs which work pretty well with these boards. Still have a few laying around. I can put them in the trade section if someone is interested.
Thanks Revo.

I managed to get an hdplex 300w just to fire it up and test over the weekend. Then I can start thinking about cases, if the atx plates ever become available again.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

infoberg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2021
12V works only using the internal socket on the mainboard, so the PSU/brick will need to have the 4pin ATX plug. Alternatively you can use 19V to the external 5.5/2.5 connector.

Last edited:

ssouthall6

Trash Compacter
Jun 18, 2020
Thinking of ditching this damn project, just finding a cooler that allows enough clearance considering it's LGA115X mount for an AM4 board is giving me headaches, think I may cut my losses and go back to forking out on DIMM ram :D

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Thinking of ditching this damn project, just finding a cooler that allows enough clearance considering it's LGA115X mount for an AM4 board is giving me headaches, think I may cut my losses and go back to forking out on DIMM ram :D
What kind of cooler are you looking for? I have a few from my previous thinITX projects.

infoberg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2021
Low height coolers for socket 115X are not too hard to find, it just depends on what height (and noise level) you can accomodate :)