Production AM4 Brackets for CPU Coolers (C7 + others)

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
Its mildly sketchy, only reason why I haven't undone mine to do measurements is I don't think I could get it back on with even pressure again but take your time and you'll get it right the first try.

Really wish there was a same height alternative to the BS2 that also performed nearly the same or better...

itzBUMP

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 10, 2019
My mount was "sketchy" too. I modded a Noctua L9i-AM4 bracket to fit my BS2 for an upcoming Lone L5 1080p gaming pc that I plan on using while traveling for work. Here are some pix, I believe if you mass manufacture the correct brackets, you can just rely on customers purchasing their own Noctua AM4 conversion kit for the back plate and hardware (~$8 USD). Ill let you know how my go at some custom brackets go.

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
Haven't gotten around to it.

I just handled off the C7 AM4 adapter to grsychkn, maker of the S401. Hopefully he can get it produced at a reasonable price. In the meantime, I have 3 extra sets to get rid of, it'll be about $15 a set to ship to you. PM if you're interested.
PM'ed. Also, will this fit a Noctua NH-L9a by any chance as well?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
PM'ed. Also, will this fit a Noctua NH-L9a by any chance as well?

No. I got your PM, but I'll post the answer here. Me and grsychkn are working on a batch of it. As soon as we get some good news I'll update this thread.

Concerning Noctua, no the Noctua mounting points is really different. Also, because the Noctua cooler is 110mm in length, turning it 90 degrees would likely cause issues in quite a few layouts

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
Any updates on the status of this project? I know that there have been a lot of rumors that cryorig may have pulled out of the US market which makes the current design much more limited in addressable market, but if one was made for the noctua nh-l9a it would still have a lot of interest I feel, since ryzen 3rd gen is on the horizon and a lot of builds still use the l9a (Dan case, Velka, skyreach s4). With some clever engineering, you could also make it compatible with bigger noctua coolers like the nh-l12s as well, increasing the addressable market even further. I myself would purchase multiple of these if they were ever made, and I'm sure many others will as well considering the upcoming ryzen 3rd gen launch.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Any updates on the status of this project? I know that there have been a lot of rumors that cryorig may have pulled out of the US market which makes the current design much more limited in addressable market, but if one was made for the noctua nh-l9a it would still have a lot of interest I feel, since ryzen 3rd gen is on the horizon and a lot of builds still use the l9a (Dan case, Velka, skyreach s4). With some clever engineering, you could also make it compatible with bigger noctua coolers like the nh-l12s as well, increasing the addressable market even further. I myself would purchase multiple of these if they were ever made, and I'm sure many others will as well considering the upcoming ryzen 3rd gen launch.

The L9a is actually 110mm in length. This exceeds the keep out zone and therefore motherboard compatibility spotty.

L12S should have both positions covered since they use the secure firm mounting system.

The brackets are currently being made but at a low priority to save costs.

I am a lil concerned that the C7 is no longer sold in the US but we'll just have to deal.

Reactions: renecop545

Aghnar

Case Bender
Jul 3, 2019
The brackets are completed. Inspection, packaging, photo, and listing is required.
Wow nice news ! One question will it be possible to order for a guy living in Europe like me ? :p

Keep up the good work !! I ve registered to this forum specialy to order for my big shuriken / am4 itx board for the new ryzen coming !

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Wow nice news ! One question will it be possible to order for a guy living in Europe like me ? :p

Keep up the good work !! I ve registered to this forum specialy to order for my big shuriken / am4 itx board for the new ryzen coming !

Shipping is a little expensive but possible. $14 to ship to Europe.

I hope I didn't mislead you to think this is the big shuriken version. This is the Cryorig version.

Aghnar

Case Bender
Jul 3, 2019

I hope I didn't mislead you to think this is the big shuriken version. This is the Cryorig version.
Oh no i really though it was also compatible with the big shuriken :(

14dollars would have been ok to avoid a dirty mod from a noob like me :p anyway’ good luck with the c7 brackets then :)

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Jan 19, 2019
No. I got your PM, but I'll post the answer here. Me and grsychkn are working on a batch of it. As soon as we get some good news I'll update this thread.

Concerning Noctua, no the Noctua mounting points is really different. Also, because the Noctua cooler is 110mm in length, turning it 90 degrees would likely cause issues in quite a few layouts

Please let me know when you're ready to sell these. :) I'm in the USA and I'm ready to buy whenever you give the word that they're available :)

If I need to PayPal you or something to reserve my spot, please DM me and I'll send the payment right away. Thanks again for taking the time/effort to put together a batch of these!

Exiti

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 31, 2019

Hi, any updates to when this will be available? $14 shipping is still quite a bit cheaper than getting all the tools to manufacture this yourself so can't wait to buy one :)

Opensky727

What's an ITX?
Aug 22, 2019
Yes I would like to know that too ! Im in Canada if anyone has a solution for the SCBSK-2100 Big Shuriken 2 Rev. B for AM4 please tell me !

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

Product page. I added stock level, but I'll be busy and won't ship until next week. May be without photos for a while.

For the BS2, I no longer have the cooler and it is discontinued. So that really hurts viability of making a run of these things. If someone can send me a sample, I'll happily create a 3D printable version, which you can get printed via shapeways.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
W

Product page. I added stock level, but I'll be busy and won't ship until next week. May be without photos for a while.

For the BS2, I no longer have the cooler and it is discontinued. So that really hurts viability of making a run of these things. If someone can send me a sample, I'll happily create a 3D printable version, which you can get printed via shapeways.
Would it be compatible with the new c7g? Not sure if they use the same mounting solutions. I have one on pre-order and would like to get one of these, if it will work together. :)