Production AM4 Brackets for CPU Coolers (C7 + others)

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Hi, I'm curious as to whether the AM4 90 degree mounting brackets for the C7cu from either J-Hack or Salvostudios will actually allow the heatsink to mount without hitting the VRM heatsink on the ASUS X570-I? There are a couple of thick copper rails jutting out on either side of the cold plate which look like they'd hit just as the fins do when mounted if not removed or bent as I have done. There seems to be someone that left a review on salvostudio shop saying it fits but they didn't have a CPU in so can't really say confirmed working.
Can anyone confirm, please?
I have the Asus X570-I board and I'll try to get you an answer this weekend. I'm currently using an ID-60 EVO which is the best cooler I've used so far in the S402 (excluding AIOs) so I'll have to disassemble that to try out my C7cu with the adapters.

dave10au

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 31, 2020
I have the Asus X570-I board and I'll try to get you an answer this weekend. I'm currently using an ID-60 EVO which is the best cooler I've used so far in the S402 (excluding AIOs) so I'll have to disassemble that to try out my C7cu with the adapters.
Oh wow that'd be truly awesome if you could. I'm a little stuck for choice of coolers due to having a DAN A4 V1. Its cooling options are not as good as the more recent versions with no ability to add intake or exhaust fans so it's a little hot box, anything to help getting the heat out would be of considerable benefit I think.