AKLLA A5 ITX CASE Discussion

funklizard

Chassis Packer
Aug 16, 2017
could a 3d print 120 to 140mm adapter possibly work so you dont have to drill the case?
Interesting idea; but, space is pretty tight. There's just about 8mm between the radiator frame and the power supply.

But now you've got me thinking... and one could probably print a small, simple part that would accommodate a nut on one side and a countersunk screw head on the other. Such a part would only need to be 3-4 mm thick. Four of those and you have an adapter.

Hm... If I came up with that idea so easily, perhaps this has already been done?

• Haha
Reactions: survfate

survfate

Trash Compacter
Jul 30, 2020
Interesting idea; but, space is pretty tight. There's just about 8mm between the radiator frame and the power supply.

But now you've got me thinking... and one could probably print a small, simple part that would accommodate a nut on one side and a countersunk screw head on the other. Such a part would only need to be 3-4 mm thick. Four of those and you have an adapter.

Hm... If I came up with that idea so easily, perhaps this has already been done?
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:753551 - I found this and it look pretty slim? Also with countersunk screw head

Reactions: funklizard

funklizard

Chassis Packer
Aug 16, 2017
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:753551 - I found this and it look pretty slim? Also with countersunk screw head
It doesn't give the measurements, unfortunately; but it looks a bit thick.

The 140mm radiator I'm upgrading to is 30mm thick, so there's really not much room to spare.

I think I'm resigned to drilling some holes in the case (that, IMO, should have been there in the first place). (Just gotta find a drill press. I'm not dumb enough to try freehanding this.)

survfate

Trash Compacter
Jul 30, 2020
I just got my A5 white, a couple quick first impressions:
  1. The white surface procressing of the aluminum is amazing, and all aluminum part seem very well made as expected for being CNC milled
  2. The aio bracket are made by the same material as the internal frames of the case, but they shipped me the black one instead of the white one (I seen the grey one on reddit before so I know there is more than just black). Doesn't look too amazing to be honest (does NOT look like the one I posted before in this thread at all), but prob will do it job fine.
  3. Side panel sliding is a bit stiff prob due to the length of the slide mechanism compare to the traditional A4 layout.
  4. I got a LinkUp 4.0 riser as an "optional" purchase but they ended up only send me that and not the 3.0 one that suppose to come with the package, have to double check with my proxy on this.
  5. Side panel window is only made by arcylic but is okay-ish in quality.

I prob won't build in it anytime soon due to having too many stuffs to take care of at the moment, also it could be the long wait that kill my hype for this case. But when I get around to do it I'll post here.

supongo

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 4, 2021
Hi! I have a A5 Max but I cant grasp how to put a ATX PSU in it. Anyone has built one with it?

survfate

Trash Compacter
Jul 30, 2020
Hi! I have a A5 Max but I cant grasp how to put a ATX PSU in it. Anyone has built one with it?
I don't have the max but in order to put an ATX PSU, the layout must be switch into the 2 slot GPU mode to allow the MOBO / PSU side to have enough room