Power Supply 500W FlexATX PSU

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah, I'm assuming it's nowhere near 150mm long though, probably 190mm at the minimum or 220mm is more likely.

The inside of the 150mm 500W is completely stuffed so I don't see anyway they'd increase the wattage of that form factor by 350W.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
So I'll put my hands up and come clean, I've been trying to get hold of FSP500-50FSPT for some time to make them available in the UK. I also noted iFreilicht's work on providing the missing -12Vdc supply rail, a very competent circuit that has been succesfully tested.

From my own background I saw a slightly simpler, quicker way of providing the -12Vdc supply by using a DC-DC converter. Maybe not as cheap as iFrellicht's raw components, but quick and efficient to deploy. Depending on how much power you want available on the -12Vdc rail depends on what wattage 5 to -12V dc dc converter you use.

*slightly out of shot but the -12V blue wire of course has a molex pin to slot into its spot on the 24pin connector next to the orange 3.3V wires.

I've simply used a 2W unit which is going to give you a max of 0.16A, not a lot but enough to provide the reference voltage if needed for POST. Which plugs in to one of the molex connectors and feeds in to the 24 pin connector. The size of the DC/DC is approx 20x8mm, small enough to be able to be cable tied to the 24pin ATX connector cable loom without being to obtrusive.

Here is a link to FSP500-50FSPT with options for the above.

I've tried to follow your forum rules and hopefully this is helpful to someone here.
If it is deemed as not helpfully, please do let me know and do feel free to remove this post. thanks

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
So I'll put my hands up and come clean, I've been trying to get hold of FSP500-50FSPT for some time to make them available in the UK. I also noted iFreilicht's work on providing the missing -12Vdc supply rail, a very competent circuit that has been succesfully tested.

From my own background I saw a slightly simpler, quicker way of providing the -12Vdc supply by using a DC-DC converter. Maybe not as cheap as iFrellicht's raw components, but quick and efficient to deploy. Depending on how much power you want available on the -12Vdc rail depends on what wattage 5 to -12V dc dc converter you use.

*slightly out of shot but the -12V blue wire of course has a molex pin to slot into its spot on the 24pin connector next to the orange 3.3V wires.

I've simply used a 2W unit which is going to give you a max of 0.16A, not a lot but enough to provide the reference voltage if needed for POST. Which plugs in to one of the molex connectors and feeds in to the 24 pin connector. The size of the DC/DC is approx 20x8mm, small enough to be able to be cable tied to the 24pin ATX connector cable loom without being to obtrusive.

Here is a link to FSP500-50FSPT with options for the above.

I've tried to follow your forum rules and hopefully this is helpful to someone here.
If it is deemed as not helpfully, please do let me know and do feel free to remove this post. thanks

That is awesome! I'm a little disappointed that there's no PEG connectors on that unit, it seems to be completely stock. Does the unit you sell do the full-RPM self-test on startup?

@3lfk1ng, it seems like @Otamot's vendor banner is the wrong colour, you might want to fix that.

Reactions: Biowarejak

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I pray that 800w flex atx psu is real, could allow a crazy idea in my head to come to life.

I got to briefly play with the 850W 220mm FSP at Computex and I'd recommend to avoid it. Even at just 300W load in open air the fan went full blast and wouldn't shut up after stopping the load for several minutes.

The 400W/500W 150mm Gold-rated FSP have potential since they have the needed -12V already.

And the 650W 150mm Seasonic looks extremely promising so I've made a thread for it: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/seasonic-s1p-651fcpn5-650w-flexatx.2471/

Reactions: WillBlackstone

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I guess, but the only way it would be significantly quieter is if it pushes less air, which at high load could cause OTP to trip.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
darn...ti sli isnt really a option then i guess

Well, it is if you don't mind wearing earplugs :p

But yeah, it's a slow battle to get quiet FlexATX while operating in the 200-300W range, it'll be a while yet before we'll see anything that can do 600W+ that's less than deafening.

Reactions: WillBlackstone