Advice 1650 super ITX card, or better options for $160ish?

IIF

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 2, 2020
I had some time to put a newish build together, and I think I can fit a 6" GPU in there with some cutting. Currently I'm looking a couple of 1650 Supers from Gigabyte, Zotac, etc. I like they can run of the PCI-e slot, only 75 watts, should be cool/quiet, but the performance is kinda low for $150+ IMO.

I was wondering if anyone knew of other viable options used, or new. I think most cards are around 7"+. Might be a little flexible on dimensions, but prefer to avoid a triple slot cards. 125 watts max as I'll be undervolting it, and plan to stay at around 150-200 watts total.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I'd check the specs on those cards before buying. I believe all the 1650 Super cards will require external power.

I'm upgrading a Lenovo V520 business desktop for a colleague and that only has a 180W PSU with no PCIe power connectors. The case also has very limited space for a graphics card.

I've ordered a Zotac GeForce GTX 1650 GDDR6, which was the fastest card I could find that was under 75W, and would actually fit into the PC. It's just under 6 inches long, reference height, and dual slot. A friend has been using the GDDR5 version of the card for over a year now and it's been really good considering the size, and power consumption.

Here's a short video of the Zotac GTX 1650 GDDR5 that I posted when the card arrived. It shows the exact measurements (which are the same as the GDDR6 version).

The GeForce GTX 1650 Super cards are worth the extra $20 or so over the GTX1650 if you have the extra power (around 100W) and 6.25 inches of space.

If you can fit a 7 inch card, and you have 125W available for it (8 pin PCIe required), and can find stretch to $230 then the Zotac GTX 1660 Super Twin Fan is a big step up. It's over 50% faster (than a vanilla 1650) in most games and has an extra 2GB of memory. That's the card I would probably try to get.

This review at Techspot has several benchmarks for all 3 of the cards I've mentioned, although the 1650 they show will be a GDDR5 one, and the GDDR6 versions are around 5% faster.

Last edited:

IIF

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 2, 2020
I'd check the specs on those cards before buying. I believe all the 1650 Super cards will require external power.

I'm upgrading a Lenovo V520 business desktop for a colleague and that only has a 180W PSU with no PCIe power connectors. The case also has very limited space for a graphics card.

I've ordered a Zotac GeForce GTX 1650 GDDR6, which was the fastest card I could find that was under 75W, and would actually fit into the PC. It's just under 6 inches long, reference height, and dual slot. A friend has been using the GDDR5 version of the card for over a year now and it's been really good considering the size, and power consumption.

Here's a short video of the Zotac GTX 1650 GDDR5 that I posted when the card arrived. It shows the exact measurements (which are the same as the GDDR6 version).

The GeForce GTX 1650 Super cards are worth the extra $20 or so over the GTX1650 if you have the extra power (around 100W) and 6.25 inches of space.

If you can fit a 7 inch card, and you have 125W available for it (8 pin PCIe required), and can find stretch to $230 then the Zotac GTX 1660 Super Twin Fan is a big step up. It's over 50% faster (than a vanilla 1650) in most games and has an extra 2GB of memory. That's the card I would probably try to get.

This review at Techspot has several benchmarks for all 3 of the cards I've mentioned, although the 1650 they show will be a GDDR5 one, and the GDDR6 versions are around 5% faster.

Thanks! I can definitely get more power as I'm running the included 90 watter, but can swap in whatever sized unit I need. I can also cut the frame a bit, which is sounding more, and more likely. It just opens up a lot of options including some AMD cards which are better bang for the buck at 1080p IMO.

I read that techspot review, and Zotac is one of the only cards that completely fit my criteria. 1650 are the simplest option. It would either be the updated version, or the Super card which is more likely. Molex to 6 pin should cover me. They are both fairly capable 1080 cards, but other cards like the RX570 will now be in the mix.

A little more research. Maybe wait for a deal, and jump on whatever will fit the build. Any of those options are way better than Intels graphics ha ha. Time to look at PCIe jumpers, and bigger power bricks to get a feel for total cost to go tiny.