<10l challenge called Fr50cal

Ek1

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 24, 2018
Howdy,

the time to get a new toaster is closing and I decided cut the box to quarter what it has been.

The initial spark for the idea came of start doing something that take less than 10l of space but is full grown gamer.
For that I aquired a French .50 caliber ammobox that has measurements of 310 x 200 x 155 cm, with insides of 292 x 185 x 140 putting it at ~7,5l.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

Ek1

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 24, 2018
I have been mulling over what to put in but this is most likely where I am going at.
  • Intel Coffee Lake Core i5-9600K, LGA1151, 3.70 GHz, boxed
  • MSI MPG Z390I GAMING EDGE AC
  • Kingston 16GB (1x16GB) HyperX Predator, DDR4 2666MHz, CL13, 1.35V
  • EK-Waterblocks EK-Velocity
  • Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta Full Copper 140
  • SilverStone 450W Nightjar NJ450-SXL
I have made several iterations how to get the pieces to fit inside the box and the biggest issue has been the power. As i am going to direct the exhaust to back of the case and get the intake from down or front, the PSU will be front of airflow in some point or make another hole in the box that i am trying to evade. The NJ450-SXL seems to solve this issue as it could operate with the airflow inside instead of extra ventilation.

Last edited:

Ek1

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Oct 24, 2018
Some pics along the process of fitting all the pieces in.
Ver 1.0 where idea was to keep the box bit open while using it.

Ver 2 with horizontal intake.

Ver 3 with horizontal trough cooling.

ver 4 went back to longest-airflow with EK radiator that would fit better.

Setup is quite ideal except the space betwean motherboard PSU and GPU is millimeters making it bit too tight fit. Especially as there are no good measurements from graphic cards.