Concept Vapor Frame: The Incredibly Functional Yet Beautiful Sff Case

Rama_Dynamics

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
I have added a panel below the PSU that can be removed to provide some airflow to flow-thru cooler GPUs. On the right side, a panel has been added along with a pull strap to create more room for IO access if you plan to route cables beneath the motherboard and out the back.

Last edited:

Sen

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
sen.lol
I have added a panel below the PSU that can be removed to provide some airflow to flow-thru cooler GPUs. On the right side, a panel has been added along with a pull strap to create more room for IO access if you plan to route cables beneath the motherboard and out the back.
This is dope, FE RTX is what I have and I think that was probably my final concern!

Reactions: Rama_Dynamics

Rama_Dynamics

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
Update to the Model M (mATX). There will be a normal and compact version of the Pro Model. The normal version has the PSU mounted at the front, which allows you to mount a 360 mm rad in the rear chamber.
The compact version grants enough room to pair T30 fans along with EK's thicker PE 240 mm rad at the top and bottom of the system.

Last edited:

paskowitz

Efficiency Noob
Feb 23, 2022
Man, this is shaping up so nicely. What are the plans for case feet? One idea... if it's practical... offer 2 heights. A short one that better keeps the minimal aesthetic, and one that is a solid 30mm+ for those that want more airflow. I think this is an area where you can get creative. You don't have to do the traditional four separate feet at each corner. You could do something more like postmodern coffee tables struts (without the chrome bling). I bet you could use the same metal sheets the rest of the case is built with.

Rama_Dynamics

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
Man, this is shaping up so nicely. What are the plans for case feet? One idea... if it's practical... offer 2 heights. A short one that better keeps the minimal aesthetic, and one that is a solid 30mm+ for those that want more airflow. I think this is an area where you can get creative. You don't have to do the traditional four separate feet at each corner. You could do something more like postmodern coffee tables struts (without the chrome bling). I bet you could use the same metal sheets the rest of the case is built with.
2 heights does sound like a good idea. However, it does look odd when the case feet are super tall. The VESA mount option is nice because it provides a lot of breathing room under the case without looking out of place. I’ve tried a few feet designs and a simple circular design that matches the grill pattern and stretches across the depth of the case looks best.

Tanax

Average Stuffer
Jul 7, 2016
This really looks amazing!
Does the bottom area have any practical use or why is it so tall? Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread already...

Also, any plans on doing a HDD cage for those who want to turn it into a NAS instead by skipping GPU (and only need at most 1 280 rad for CPU)?

Rama_Dynamics

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
This really looks amazing!
Does the bottom area have any practical use or why is it so tall? Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread already...

Also, any plans on doing a HDD cage for those who want to turn it into a NAS instead by skipping GPU (and only need at most 1 280 rad for CPU)?
The bottom area is tall because it’s meant to be populated with a thick radiator, same with the top. The fans rest inside the bracket.
Swapping GPU for HDD cage sounds promising. I’ll look into that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamessko and Tanax

Rama_Dynamics

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
Finished up working on the Model X (ATX) . As promised @Retrias here is what it looks like.
The panel at the bottom is modular and can be mounted at the top as well (comes with a pair). The purpose of this is to fill in empty space if you decide not to mount rads at the top and bottom of the case. With these panels removed, there is enough room to mount a 240 mm EK SE rad along w/ T30 fans at both ends of the case. I will be working on getting some sample builds on display for the Pro and Max models shortly. Thank you to the folks who have been following the progress thus far :)

Last edited:

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
Finished up working on the Max model. As promised @Retrias here is what it looks like.
The panel at the bottom is modular and can be mounted at the top as well (comes with two units). The purpose of this is to fill in empty space if you decide not to mount rads at the top and bottom of the case. With these panels removed, there is enough room to mount a 240 mm EK SE rad along w/ T30 fans at both ends of the case. I will be working on getting some sample builds on display for the Pro and Max models shortly. Thank you to the folks who have been following the progress thus far :)

Max Model (Midnight)​
That look real amazing actually. I really like the idea of a transformable model

Rama_Dynamics

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
In reference to the mounting system, this is where things are sitting at.

GPU Slot3.53.2532.752.5
GPU Clearance (mm)71.7568.2559.2554.2549.25
CPU Cooler Clearance (mm)49.7553.2562.2567.2572.25

Last edited:

paskowitz

Efficiency Noob
Feb 23, 2022
In reference to the mounting system, this is where things are sitting at.

GPU Slot3.53.2532.752.5
GPU Clearance (mm)71.7568.2559.2554.2549.25
CPU Cooler Clearance (mm)49.7553.2562.2567.2572.25

Do you know what GPU length/height capacity is?

CAA

Chassis Packer
Aug 2, 2020
I really like this project. But is it possible to see the MB and GPU on the same side instead of the PSU?
Yeah I always was wondering the same but this would require a complete redo in terms of case layout. A mobo / GPU on the same side would be much more logical. Who wants to show off the power supply? If this case is meant to show off components then the GPU should be placed in front. This would also allow the motherboard to be pushed further back and give it and the GPU more height clearance too. Better cooling and better looking.