marvel.marv

Caliper Novice
Apr 24, 2018
So is this just an exercise or are you going to build it?

Did you think about how you'll fabricate the panels? Bend them? Get them to stick together?

Aren't you forgetting space for any 2.5" HDD / SSD or you're running M.2 only?

As you say, the overall volume is not really impressive given the GPU clearance basically limits the cards to the mini versions.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I actually like the layout, especially the cooler clearance. I would guess you would have plenty of room for 2.5 drives next to the PSU.

Reactions: Arrandale

Arrandale

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 14, 2018
So is this just an exercise or are you going to build it?

Did you think about how you'll fabricate the panels? Bend them? Get them to stick together?

Aren't you forgetting space for any 2.5" HDD / SSD or you're running M.2 only?

As you say, the overall volume is not really impressive given the GPU clearance basically limits the cards to the mini versions.

Hi,
i will try my best to build it, but i am not sure if i can do it. I guess getting the parts cut professionally will be my best bet. If i simplify the Design a bit, i might be able to get the bends with a leaf brake.

3x2.5" Drives can be placed unter the PSU cover, there is enough space.

Yeah i want it to be nice and compact, but it doesn't have to be revolutionary or anything. The Watercooled Version is the one i will probably go with, Bykski and Barrow make some nice Blocks for the Mini cards so the size constraint doesn't really bother me.

Bjornyyy

Trash Compacter
Jan 22, 2017
Hi,
i can't quite find a case that i like right now, so i decided to just try and see what i can come up with. This is just for fun pretty much, as i have no idea how to actually build a case. Be prepared to cringe hard at my attempts.
My goals with this case is, to create a case with a small footprint, low volume and nice looks. I have chosen a single chamber design, to keep complexity low and give me a chance at actually building it. Plus, i like to see all the Hardware from one side.
This case will be made around my current Hardware [Zotac 2070 Mini, Corsair SF Power Supply], so there might be ways to optimise it further, that i can't take because my Hardware would not fit anymore.
If you like the Design, and want to create something of your own based on it, feel free to do so. I will send you the SketchUp file if you want me to.

Measurements:

AC-Version:
350x131x225mm [Support for 3x 120x15mm Fans, 2 in the Top, 1 in the Bottom]
~215mm GPU Clearance, ~100mm CPU Cooler Clearance, enough for Noctua NH-L12

-> smaller Footprint than DanA4 [294,75cm^2 vs 366,24cm^2], a lot taller though.

WC-Version: 380x131x262mm [Support for 240mm Radiator in the Top, 1x 120x15mm Fan in the Bottom]
~255mm GPU Clearance, ~100mm CPU Cooler Clearance, Swiftech Apogee Drive II CPU Block Pump Combo fits

-> slightly smaller Footprint than DanA4 [317,02cm^2 vs 366,24cm^2]

I think it would be possible to add a second 240mm Radiator in the WC Version, if you use a HDPlex PSU instead of a SFX one. That would mean though, that the Pump can not fit in the Power Supply Chamber, which could lead to some difficulties.

The side panels will probably be Mesh on the Aircooling Version, and TG on the Watercooling Version.
TG might add a few Milimeters extra to the depth of the case.
I planned the Cases for 2mm Aluminium, but i will probably use Wood instead, as i have no real knowledge or tools to work with Aluminium.
Much of the currently solid panels will be perforated, but it's a nightmare to do that in SketchUp, so i have not done it yet.

What do you think? I know it is not very space efficient, but i am quite happy with the layout. I'm sorry if someone already did a layout like this, i am not trying to copy.

Greetings

What kind of radiator are you going to use? Your case has room for a 260mm radiator and all the 240mm radiators I could find are 280mm or longer.

Arrandale

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 14, 2018
What kind of radiator are you going to use? Your case has room for a 260mm radiator and all the 240mm radiators I could find are 280mm or longer.

Oh no... i knew it seemed to good to be true. Hmm that is a bummer.