Zotac 1080ti Mini Pci-e bracket mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

More than a few have been interested in the pci-e bracket that allows the 1080ti from Zotac to fit in a Skyreach 4 Mini brickless with the hdplex 400 ac-dc unit.

Batch-3
1. Jack_Attack227 - Shipped
2. Gman3850 - Shipped
3. aiou.live - Shipped
4. xeroriser - Shipped
5. Mystfit - Shipped
6. Sold and Shipped.
7. Sold and Shipped.
8. Sold and Shipped.
9. Sold and Shipped.
10. Sold and Shipped.

Batch-2:
1. christek - Shipped
2. QuinndianaJones - Shipped
3. Skytzo - Shipped
4. ButDutWut - Shipped
5. Sertrinity - Shipped
6. Haulien - Shipped
7. Skipnut - Shipped
8. Chosencode - Shipped

9. Flappy - Shipped
10. SirjekyllTech - Shipped

Batch -1:
1. Maeiourk - Shipped
2. dp_ -Shipped
3. Mcw83 - Shipped
4. superblack - Shipped
5. ninopecorino - Shipped
6. Bmayne81 - Shipped
7. Decayinjack - Shipped
8. SignificantMeat - Shipped
9. Austin - Shipped
10. m.trix - Shipped
11. Vaderator - Shipped

Update Jan 7th, 2020: Starting new list. Will send out invoices by end of the month or when we hit 10 people, whichever happens first.

For those in the list, please PM me an e-mail address to send a paypal invoice too.

Last edited:

Flappy

Efficiency Noob
Oct 30, 2019
The combo he is referring to is basically splitting the load between the CPU & GPU
Ah right, I think I understand now, just new to a lot of this. So you would need the hdplex 400W AC-DC & either the HDPLEX 400dc or the dynamo 360+hdplex 200dc? The latter option requiring a splitter from the 400w AC-DC so it can go to the dynamo & hdplex200.

Vaderator

Average Stuffer
Bronze Supporter
Aug 7, 2017
Ah right, I think I understand now, just new to a lot of this. So you would need the hdplex 400W AC-DC & either the HDPLEX 400dc or the dynamo 360+hdplex 200dc? The latter option requiring a splitter from the 400w AC-DC so it can go to the dynamo & hdplex200.
Actually the 360 has the splitter embedded, so you plug the 200 into the 360, and the 360 to the 400AC.

the advantage for the S4m is that the 360 is just short enough to not block the power button. If you use the 400dc, you will have to fill the hole on the faceplate with something other than a functional power button.

m.trix

Trash Compacter
Jul 9, 2019
As am I. I spent many hours just finding and reading as much as I could to get a basic understanding.
Basically yes. What @Vaderator said. For instance, the HDP200 plugs directly into the 24pin on the motherboard. Then a DC output go from the D360, into the 200. From there the HDP400 A/C will plug into the D360 and there you go.
The other, HDP400 DC just combines what the D360 & 200 do, all in one package.
I was also under the impression you could fit the 400w DC in the front with no issue. I swear I'd seen pics of it tucking nicely right beside the power switch. Did you have trouble with yours @Vaderator ?

Vaderator

Average Stuffer
Bronze Supporter
Aug 7, 2017
As am I. I spent many hours just finding and reading as much as I could to get a basic understanding.
Basically yes. What @Vaderator said. For instance, the HDP200 plugs directly into the 24pin on the motherboard. Then a DC output go from the D360, into the 200. From there the HDP400 A/C will plug into the D360 and there you go.
The other, HDP400 DC just combines what the D360 & 200 do, all in one package.
I was also under the impression you could fit the 400w DC in the front with no issue. I swear I'd seen pics of it tucking nicely right beside the power switch. Did you have trouble with yours @Vaderator ?
The zotac 1080ti is a taller than most cards, and this mod moves it closer to where the DC400 would go. The DC400 will only fit with the zotac 1080ti if you move the power button to the back (or middle, but you need a new front plate for that). If your GPU is standard ITX, it doesn't need this modded bracket and there should be enough room to have the DC400 and not occlude the power button in the front.
Here are some example pics of what I'm talking about:
Button Area Blocked with 1080ti mod
HD DC400 moved to top with room for pwr button in the middle or back

I just checked, and NFC is sold out of KMPKT DC360; I believe KMPKT himself may still have a few units.

Flappy

Efficiency Noob
Oct 30, 2019
I just checked, and NFC is sold out of KMPKT DC360; I believe KMPKT himself may still have a few units.
Thanks @Vaderator & @m.trix both for your insights. I was actually asking these questions to figure out if I should grab one from NFC or not haha guess I was too slow. But thanks for the tip, I've sent him a PM and will see what comes of it. Seems the last shipment he ordered got sent to the wrong address so he is trying to recover them.

narolad

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 21, 2018
Invoices sent. Brackets will be shipped once payment is received. I PM'd those whose address I didn't have. Will leave BADZILLA's up for grabs for a bit until all other orders are fulfilled.

m.trix

Trash Compacter
Jul 9, 2019
The zotac 1080ti is a taller than most cards, and this mod moves it closer to where the DC400 would go. The DC400 will only fit with the zotac 1080ti if you move the power button to the back (or middle, but you need a new front plate for that). If your GPU is standard ITX, it doesn't need this modded bracket and there should be enough room to have the DC400 and not occlude the power button in the front.
Here are some example pics of what I'm talking about:

Ah I see what you mean by. I wasn't sure how much of the cutout hole was obstructed. I looks to me like you could slide down or over the 400 just a few mils towards to the GPU, provided the 24pin is long enough to sqeeze in a button but I am not sure. It would probably be pretty tight. Might have to avoid using heat shrink on the pigtail if you did. Mine is pretty thick so I had to bend and flex it downwards to avoid bumping into the 24plug.
Are you also using the PCI bracket to make room for the 400w DC in the "bottom"?

m.trix

Trash Compacter
Jul 9, 2019
Thanks @Vaderator & @m.trix both for your insights. I was actually asking these questions to figure out if I should grab one from NFC or not haha guess I was too slow. But thanks for the tip, I've sent him a PM and will see what comes of it. Seems the last shipment he ordered got sent to the wrong address so he is trying to recover them.
You should be fine with the 400 DC-ATX. I've heard of plenty of good success with it. Best of luck either way.
-M.

Reactions: Flappy

narolad

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 21, 2018
Every one of them is shipped. There are still two left for anyone who wants it, otherwise will liquidate them in some manner in a couple weeks.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Hey guys, I'm not in the market for this, but can anyone tell me: how far inward does this push the gpu? And what's the furthest you can do it, assuming ports are not blocked?

seven7thirty30

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 2, 2019
Hey guys, I'm not in the market for this, but can anyone tell me: how far inward does this push the gpu? And what's the furthest you can do it, assuming ports are not blocked?

If by "inward" you mean towards the PCIe slot on the motherboard, then it goes 14mm. It could go further depending on clearance with the CPU heat sink, but the real limitation is space on the GPU PCIe bracket itself. 14mm was the most we could do.

Reactions: Choidebu
Status
Not open for further replies.