More G-unique BTO PSUs are now available(direct order)

Valantar

SFF Guru
Jan 20, 2018
@Valantar please make a thread with the results, that would be very interesting to see!
I'm planning to, he just hasn't had the time to do it yet :) Hopefully I can get him to grab some before/after scope shots with various caps - I sent him a small selection of various sizes. IIRC he was planning to use 12V car light bulbs as dummy loads, so not quite a perfect analoge for a PC running off the PSU, but hopefully good enough for a simple ripple test at ~max output.

Reactions: paulesko

cristianoveide

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 12, 2019
Hello!
This is my first post so i am sorry for any incovenience...
I would like to know if the G-brick slim 600w will fit inside a velka 3 case, i am planning to do a brickless and silent rig and cant find the size specs oh the G-brick slim... Thanks in advance for anyone who could answer that!

Ps. Sorry for the bad english.😅

buttrmytoast

Trash Compacter
Jun 2, 2018
Anyone by anychance selling one of their g-unique units? I would really love to have one for a build during the holiday season :)

Raxe

Trash Compacter
Mar 3, 2017
Hello!
This is my first post so i am sorry for any incovenience...
I would like to know if the G-brick slim 600w will fit inside a velka 3 case, i am planning to do a brickless and silent rig and cant find the size specs oh the G-brick slim... Thanks in advance for anyone who could answer that!

Ps. Sorry for the bad english.😅
The dimensions of the G-Stick Slim are: 22.5cm 5cm 3.6cm. This was tested on the Nfc S4M, console layout, compatible with a rtx 2070 gigabyte itx.
The dimensions of the G-Brick Slim( the latest square one) are: 14cmx15cmx2.2cm .

The dimensions of a standard Flex psu compatible with Velka 3 are: 15cm x 8.1cm x 4.05cm.

I dont think that they will be compatible inside the case, the first slim one have the same lenght dimensions as the height of the case, and the later one maybe with double tape in the cpu panel, reducing the cpu cooler height and making a lot of heat, i dont see a viable option, but wait for others opinions.

HZ4ever

Case Bender
Jan 8, 2020
The essence of the problem is this. Two main wires stick out from the main plug into which the power cable is inserted. From one there is power for everything, from the other there is only 6 + 2 pin power for the video card. So, when you connect this cable - the video card, after turning it off - does not stop spinning (I tried everything I can, bios, I thought it was short somewhere, I sorted a bunch, but then I inserted my 1050 back and everything went away) if the cable is expensive power is not inserted - there is no problem, the video card does not spin.
Why am I actually writing. I would like to know, can you tell me a solution to the problem? Maybe she already met? Vernilator on the video card is spinning even if you turn off the PC from the button. It only ceases if the power cable is pulled out.
The cooler on the processor also rotates even when it is turned off from the button or through the "shutdown".
I tried to use the sata-8pin adapter so as not to use the additional power cable from the power supply. The problem goes away, but others arise. the computer may shut down unexpectedly and for a while refuses to turn on.
On this I write here. Thank you. Waiting for answers.

Who cares:
system
B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI
ryzen 3600
gigabyte rtx 2060 mini itx
sshd seagate firecuda 2tb
ssd m2 PNY cs3030 - 256 gb
noctua nh-l9a - cooler

When running the occt and furmark stress tests, there were no problems with power consumption or overheating. Everything works stably and very well.

But still, the computer sometimes randomly "shuts down." In quotes because the coolers spin exactly the same as when turned off))

riser

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 9, 2020
  • every dell Brick are modded to increase its efficieny,enhanced its internal heat spreading rate,every modded brick have over-current-protection,short-circuit-protection,over-voltage-protection,over-temp-protection.and they have their own safety certification required by DELL.
Hi, there. Can you or somebody provide the modification scheme of the dell brick?

Many people and I have an issue: the DELL DA-2(216W) brick goes off by some overcurrent protection, exactly when I power on the PC. The consumption of the PC around 65W(from 35 to 100W actually).
The PC has only 1 SSD and an integrated video. So the brick has more than twice of a power reserve.
I have tried in 2 different PCs, two dell DA-2 bricks, and two different PicoPSU with the same result.
So, the idea the brick has some protection when the current rise to quick it switches off.

guryhwa

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
Hi, there. Can you or somebody provide the modification scheme of the dell brick?

Many people and I have an issue: the DELL DA-2(216W) brick goes off by some overcurrent protection, exactly when I power on the PC. The consumption of the PC around 65W(from 35 to 100W actually).
The PC has only 1 SSD and an integrated video. So the brick has more than twice of a power reserve.
I have tried in 2 different PCs, two dell DA-2 bricks, and two different PicoPSU with the same result.
So, the idea the brick has some protection when the current rise to quick it switches off.
remove the R in yellow circuit to cancel the one time overcurrent protection(for power some load like motor )

change the C to value of 0.47uF-1uF to add more delay for OCP

increase the R to increase the ocp trigger value

riser

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 9, 2020
remove the R in yellow circuit to cancel the one time overcurrent protection(for power some load like motor )

Awesome! Lot of thank you, man! Will try to repeat this.

riser

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 9, 2020

So, I have removed R from 1st pic, and increased twice R from 3d. I am didn't touch the capacitor. And now it works!
Thank you, @guryhwa, you made my day! I would like to buy you a beer/coffee. Please share some paypal/card for a donation 🍻