More G-unique BTO PSUs are now available(direct order)

Hexagone_6

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2017
insane!

you make me regret buying a hdplex 400w hi fi a year before.

tell me, can I plug a gtx 1070 with i7 6700k ?

how is security/safety/reliability/efficiency on this thing? i mean... compared to hdplex or a regular psu?

Curiosity

Case addict
Silver Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
I can't say for sure about your power requirements, but I've had my archdaemon 400w for about 2 years now and it has been flawless the entire time. Not sure about efficiency.

Hexagone_6

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2017
This is impressive for sure, i was gonna reuse my hdplex 400w for my next project, but with that, i'll cut a lot of space for my build...

Valantar

Master of Cramming
Jan 20, 2018
@guryhwa Perhaps a dumb question, but do the G-Unique DC-ATX units filter the 12V line at all? Or is ripple/noise from the AC-DC unit passed straight through?

Reactions: Elerek

Choidebu

King of Cable Management
Aug 16, 2017
@guryhwa Perhaps a dumb question, but do the G-Unique DC-ATX units filter the 12V line at all? Or is ripple/noise from the AC-DC unit passed straight through?
The benefit of doing 12V is to be able to not do that. That's why he can get away with such a small unit just distributing the 12V. Step down buck converters need inductor and the more amp you pushed through them the higher henry you'd need, the bigger they go... Add LC low pass filter to clean ripple, another inductor.

Valantar

Master of Cramming
Jan 20, 2018
The benefit of doing 12V is to be able to not do that. That's why he can get away with such a small unit just distributing the 12V. Step down buck converters need inductor and the more amp you pushed through them the higher henry you'd need, the bigger they go... Add LC low pass filter to clean ripple, another inductor.
I think you misunderstand my question. I know the 12V passes straight through without conversion (duh), but I was wondering about filtering through the capacitor banks or something like that. While I understand what these units do in broad terms (take in 12V, pass it through + convert part of it to secondary voltages), my understanding of how this works is ... not good :p

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
I think you misunderstand my question. I know the 12V passes straight through without conversion (duh), but I was wondering about filtering through the capacitor banks or something like that. While I understand what these units do in broad terms (take in 12V, pass it through + convert part of it to secondary voltages), my understanding of how this works is ... not good :p
Probably better to ask in the discord, more likely to get a response. My guess would be that there technically are caps on the 12v rail, but they're there to support the buck converters. So technically it probably has filtering, just not sure how much.

Reactions: Valantar

blubblob

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 26, 2016
I quickly took a multimeter to my Archdeamon Limited Edition and at least all 22 caps on the "TaCap armor" are decoupling the 12V line. Can't reach the other ones on the memory side to measure.
Can't tell how useful those are to actually remove AC ripple from the line, as they all seem to have the same capacitance and I don't know their specs. Probably not that useful (tantalums ESR is likely to high).

Last edited:
Reactions: InfernoZeus