Zotac 1080ti Mini Pci-e bracket mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

More than a few have been interested in the pci-e bracket that allows the 1080ti from Zotac to fit in a Skyreach 4 Mini brickless with the hdplex 400 ac-dc unit.

Batch-3
1. Jack_Attack227 - Shipped
2. Gman3850 - Shipped
3. aiou.live - Shipped
4. xeroriser - Shipped
5. Mystfit - Shipped
6. Sold and Shipped.
7. Sold and Shipped.
8. Sold and Shipped.
9. Sold and Shipped.
10. Sold and Shipped.

Batch-2:
1. christek - Shipped
2. QuinndianaJones - Shipped
3. Skytzo - Shipped
4. ButDutWut - Shipped
5. Sertrinity - Shipped
6. Haulien - Shipped
7. Skipnut - Shipped
8. Chosencode - Shipped

9. Flappy - Shipped
10. SirjekyllTech - Shipped

Batch -1:
1. Maeiourk - Shipped
2. dp_ -Shipped
3. Mcw83 - Shipped
4. superblack - Shipped
5. ninopecorino - Shipped
6. Bmayne81 - Shipped
7. Decayinjack - Shipped
8. SignificantMeat - Shipped
9. Austin - Shipped
10. m.trix - Shipped
11. Vaderator - Shipped

Update Jan 7th, 2020: Starting new list. Will send out invoices by end of the month or when we hit 10 people, whichever happens first.

For those in the list, please PM me an e-mail address to send a paypal invoice too.

Last edited:

narolad

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 21, 2018
I'll try to grab together another list of people and work out the logistics later I suppose.

christek

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 24, 2019
I’m in for one. That puts us at five. How many are needed for an order or where was the price break point for the last order? Thanks.

m.trix

Trash Compacter
Jul 9, 2019
Any word, if yours has shipped, arrived yet? I have not recieved anything as of late, I believe they are being made across the pond.

-M.

turbobrick

Case Bender
New User
Oct 28, 2019
Out of curiosity has anybody out in S4M land tried modifying the PCIe bracket in the following way to offset the GPU just enough to run the HDP400W without having to take the side cover off or any other antics? Could gain approx 4-5mm but I don't have a card in front of me to verify? I've already seen 730s dremel method but this would be for GPUs that have no backplate for support.

m.trix

Trash Compacter
Jul 9, 2019
Out of curiosity has anybody out in S4M land tried modifying the PCIe bracket in the following way to offset the GPU just enough to run the HDP400W without having to take the side cover off or any other antics? Could gain approx 4-5mm but I don't have a card in front of me to verify? I've already seen 730s dremel method but this would be for GPUs that have no backplate for support.

As far as I understand, the "mod" in this tread basically does the same thing as @seven7thirty30 dremel work does. The back plate isn't required for it to work. What you described almost the same thing, i.e. moving the PCB closer towards the MB, freeing up space for the HDP400w or for whatever you want. I don't think this work as intended due to the "L" portion of the PCIe bracket being screwed in on the back to be supported by the case, unless that is irrelevant to some. Correct me if I am mistaken. I would also like to free up the space but I've been waiting on my bracket for a while now.

-M.

turbobrick

Case Bender
New User
Oct 28, 2019
Comparing 10 series gtx through 20 series rtx cards the display i/o all seems to be the same arrangement and spacing at least for zotac cards, I suspect this bracket would work for most zotac cards but that's purely speculation still. After seeing more photos of cards mounted and the PCIe expansion slot on the S4M my idea will definitely not work without serious "alteration" to the PCIe expansion slot that I'd rather not get into. Just have to find a better way to sneak in a GPU with more pcb width/bigger heatsinks. The offset (shift) bracket would definitely be ideal for the right price.

narolad

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 21, 2018
Been a bit busy with work, but just updated the list. Will be getting another batch ordered ASAP and then work on collecting payment info starting Monday. Please PM me your paypal address so I can send an invoice over.

Vaderator

Average Stuffer
Bronze Supporter
Aug 7, 2017
Hi Folks - for everyone here, a good combo for the s4m and 1080 ti hdplex brickless is the dynamo 360+hdplex 200dc. This is the only combo I know of that doesn't require moving the power button to the rear. Josh has put a few dynamos 360s on sale at his site NFC-Systems if you are interested.

m.trix

Trash Compacter
Jul 9, 2019
Hi Folks - for everyone here, a good combo for the s4m and 1080 ti hdplex brickless is the dynamo 360+hdplex 200dc. This is the only combo I know of that doesn't require moving the power button to the rear. Josh has put a few dynamos 360s on sale at his site NFC-Systems if you are interested.
I 2nd this as I too am using this setup currently for a 6700K & 1080 mini. Just waiting on the bracket to make it finally brickless.

Flappy

Efficiency Noob
Oct 30, 2019

Is the 200 enough power? I thought the 1080ti would need the hdplex 400?

m.trix

Trash Compacter
Jul 9, 2019
Is the 200 enough power? I thought the 1080ti would need the hdplex 400?
Standalone, No. The combo he is referring to is basically splitting the load between the CPU & GPU. D360 for the graphics and the 200 for the CPU. It works similarly to the HDP400 DC-ATX. Unless you are thinking of the "brick"?

Status
Not open for further replies.