Zotac 1080ti Mini Pci-e bracket mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

More than a few have been interested in the pci-e bracket that allows the 1080ti from Zotac to fit in a Skyreach 4 Mini brickless with the hdplex 400 ac-dc unit.

Batch-3
1. Jack_Attack227 - Shipped
2. Gman3850 - Shipped
3. aiou.live - Shipped
4. xeroriser - Shipped
5. Mystfit - Shipped
6. Sold and Shipped.
7. Sold and Shipped.
8. Sold and Shipped.
9. Sold and Shipped.
10. Sold and Shipped.

Batch-2:
1. christek - Shipped
2. QuinndianaJones - Shipped
3. Skytzo - Shipped
4. ButDutWut - Shipped
5. Sertrinity - Shipped
6. Haulien - Shipped
7. Skipnut - Shipped
8. Chosencode - Shipped

9. Flappy - Shipped
10. SirjekyllTech - Shipped

Batch -1:
1. Maeiourk - Shipped
2. dp_ -Shipped
3. Mcw83 - Shipped
4. superblack - Shipped
5. ninopecorino - Shipped
6. Bmayne81 - Shipped
7. Decayinjack - Shipped
8. SignificantMeat - Shipped
9. Austin - Shipped
10. m.trix - Shipped
11. Vaderator - Shipped

Update Jan 7th, 2020: Starting new list. Will send out invoices by end of the month or when we hit 10 people, whichever happens first.

For those in the list, please PM me an e-mail address to send a paypal invoice too.

Last edited:

seven7thirty30

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 2, 2019

@seven7thirty30, my apologies for the lack of clarity. I have attached a link to a picture to illustrate what I am asking. The distance I am interested in is labeled "x" here. The distance between the two M2 holes where the bracket screws into the PCB.

The distance is 98.5mm between center of each mounting hole.
Does this require any extra mods (low profile cables, removing the ac/dc brick cover, etc.) to make the 1080 ti brickless? Is having a tap set mandatory? Also, any more price drops if we get more people? Potentially interested!

You will need low profile cables, shouldn't have to remove the HDPlex 400W PS, and yes you will need to tap the mounting holes. You'll have to ask the OP for the price difference. As NinoPecorino stated earlier, you will also need a different flexible riser than the one provided with the S4M.

Is this at all compatible for the Zotac 1080 mini or just the Ti?

I don't know.

m.trix

Trash Compacter
Jul 9, 2019
Greetings,

More than a few have been interested in the pci-e bracket that allows the 1080ti from Zotac to fit in a Skyreach 4 Mini brickless with the hdplex 400 ac-dc unit. This thread is to track those interested so I can get another batch ran.

5-7 made = $100 per bracket, 7-10 = $75

Price includes shipping within the continental US. The holes for mounting the GPU don't come pre-threaded unfortunately (If we get 15 I'll see how mad they'll get about modifying the design).

Please post if you are interested in grabbing one this batch. I'll collect names until September 9th, and then will place the order on September 10th.

1. Maeiourk
2. dp_
3. Mcw83
4. superblack
5. ninopecorino
6. Bmayne81
7. Decayinjack

Is there any room for another S4m owner?

narolad

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 21, 2018
As far as discount, I'll need to check. It might not be until we hit 20 though. :(

Decayinjack

Efficiency Noob
Aug 6, 2019
Another user on the NFC discord confirmed that a 50mm would work. This is the cable that I’m ordering.

Vaderator

Average Stuffer
Bronze Supporter
Aug 7, 2017
Put me down for one

Also wondering if anyone is interested in the inverted version for console mode. I’d buy one of each...

Last edited:

seven7thirty30

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 2, 2019
Can anybody point me to where I can get the low profile cables I need? Do they need to be custom made?

There are a few options, but only a few places offer to sell low profile cables for the S4M. Since you're asking on this post then I'll assume that you're looking for low profile cable options for the 1080ti. This bracket will provide enough space for the HDPlex 400W PSU to fit above the GPU, but that doesn't mean that low profile cables purchased through a service will work. You might be able to use the 180 degree PCIE adapters sold on Moddiy. Here's a link to Josh@NFCs tutorial on how to make your own. Use caution since the new HDPlex versions have changed pin outs recently. Also, you should get on the NFC Discord channel for a ton of information about the S4M, and answers to questions like this. I highly recommend that everyone reading this post does the same.

Reactions: SignificantMeat

Mcw83

Cable Smoosher
Aug 2, 2019
Pslate made me a set of low profile (connectorless) cables for the 1080ti.

OrganX12

Efficiency Noob
Jun 27, 2019
Hello !

I would be really interested but im in Europe, do you think it is an issue for shipping ?

Thank you !

SignificantMeat

Efficiency Noob
Sep 4, 2019
There are a few options, but only a few places offer to sell low profile cables for the S4M. Since you're asking on this post then I'll assume that you're looking for low profile cable options for the 1080ti. This bracket will provide enough space for the HDPlex 400W PSU to fit above the GPU, but that doesn't mean that low profile cables purchased through a service will work. You might be able to use the 180 degree PCIE adapters sold on Moddiy. Here's a link to Josh@NFCs tutorial on how to make your own. Use caution since the new HDPlex versions have changed pin outs recently. Also, you should get on the NFC Discord channel for a ton of information about the S4M, and answers to questions like this. I highly recommend that everyone reading this post does the same.

Thank you, I just joined the Discord.

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 9, 2018
Does this require any extra mods (low profile cables, removing the ac/dc brick cover, etc.) to make the 1080 ti brickless? Is having a tap set mandatory? Also, any more price drops if we get more people? Potentially interested!
Tap set is very cheap on eBay/Amazon.

I gt the folowing from AMazon, it is good, it works, has good reviews;

Hakkin Adjustable M3-M8 3mm-8mm HSS T-Handle Reversible Ratchet Wrench Tapping Threading Tool with Gold Hand Screw Tap

Cost £8.99. I've used it on mild steel, stainless, aluminium and perspex. With mild steel and stainless a bit of 'cutting oil' helps to ease the die through, and there is a way of doing things, You Tube will show you but you don't try and ram the the die straight through, it is sort of one step forward, two steps back- slowly making the thread. Takes not very long at all, a few minutes, for a bracket- obviously (and I play with motorcycles) something 10mm thick needs something different but this is just the job for PC stuff. I personally drill a 3.2mm hole to allow for the deformation of the metal in creating the thread. 3.2mm drill bits are easy to get, I got mine from a place called Tool Staion in the UK, which sells 'fixings' and tools basically, not like a big DIY store, more focussed on small businesses but open to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.