Stalled Winter One -- 15.6L SFF case, 3090 Support, 3-slot GPUs, dual 280mm radiators, CFD Optimized Design

Ilyu

Trash Compacter
Nov 6, 2019
Received my xmas present today 🤩
Unboxing is a blast, the quality feels so amazing - it just feels like something really special.
After unboxing it multiple times I went ahead and took some shots with my phone. I feel like those shots don't even come close to the real experience.
I literally feel like I am spoiling, so let me put this in a spoiler :D

Thank you Fouzan and thanks also to your team behind! You created a real christmas present here, feeling like being a kid again :)

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
Received my xmas present today 🤩
Unboxing is a blast, the quality feels so amazing - it just feels like something really special.
After unboxing it multiple times I went ahead and took some shots with my phone. I feel like those shots don't even come close to the real experience.
I literally feel like I am spoiling, so let me put this in a spoiler :D

Thank you Fouzan and thanks also to your team behind! You created a real christmas present here, feeling like being a kid again :)
Spoiler warning was a great call :)

I'm so thrilled that you're all finally getting to experience it.

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
I also took pictures after removing each piece of foam - I've NEVER done this before. For anything.

Anyone have any progress pics to share?

Here's my quadro all wired up... minus the temp sensor.

and can you guys believe out of all those fittings I have, and the ~$200 worth I bought for this build, I STILL don't have the fittings I want to use for the pump transition???

doot4runner

Caliper Novice
Jan 22, 2020
I also took pictures after removing each piece of foam - I've NEVER done this before. For anything.

Anyone have any progress pics to share?

Here's my quadro all wired up... minus the temp sensor.

and can you guys believe out of all those fittings I have, and the ~$200 worth I bought for this build, I STILL don't have the fittings I want to use for the pump transition???
Does the quadro just mount on there? If so, that is awesome. I usually just have mine dangling somewhere in the case. And yes, I can totally believe you about the fittings. I never seem to have enough.

Reactions: WinterCharm

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
anyone
Does the quadro just mount on there? If so, that is awesome. I usually just have mine dangling somewhere in the case. And yes, I can totally believe you about the fittings. I never seem to have enough.

you'll need some m3 x 14 screws/nuts/plastic washers (don't scratch the case! 🤣 ).

and any of the batch 2 users, if you're doing 2x 280s, I would strongly recommend the m2426 to get rid of the 24 pin cable. I'm using the 180mm length adapter cable.

Post-Newt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 12, 2020
If you get a water cooled build done in one night, props.

... I've been working on mine the last three nights.
The amount of "assembly stacking" that goes into fitting a watercooling loop this big in a case this small makes the trial and error process of figuring out a build really time consuming.

"Hmm I wonder if this fitting can be used here." proceed to unscrew 8 screws, remove 4 parts, install fitting, slowly reinstall 4 parts to avoid scratching, reinstall 8 screws. "Aw damn... guess it won't fit." Rinse and repeat.

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
Nice. I have the m2426 ready to go. I am waiting for a few more parts and then am ready to start cramming it all in.
Whoa! Good to see you over here. ✌

(Turns out I was a little trigger happy buying your ST30 rad a few months back… guess I’ll still have to do an SM580/SV540 build some time!)

doot4runner

Caliper Novice
Jan 22, 2020
Whoa! Good to see you over here. ✌

(Turns out I was a little trigger happy buying your ST30 rad a few months back… guess I’ll still have to do an SM580/SV540 build some time!)
Oh yeah! I remember that. I got lucky a while back and found 2 HWL gts 280s

Reactions: August

bomaaye

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2020
For those of you with nothing better to do on this nice friday you're welcome to join me on Twitch (thedrunkennomad) while I make a fool of myself building in the Winter One, it's going to be fun probably.
Link your twitch, I'd say I have university work to do but..lets be honest I won't do it in any case. Do you have a timeframe in mind?

Edit: I apparently have terrible reading skills at 2am, figured it out.

Last edited:

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
"Hmm I wonder if this fitting can be used here." proceed to unscrew 8 screws, remove 4 parts, install fitting, slowly reinstall 4 parts to avoid scratching, reinstall 8 screws. "Aw damn... guess it won't fit." Rinse and repeat.

This! Hardline also adds measure, cut, test fit, curse, measure, cut, really curse, measure, cut, test fit, curse, measure, cut, really curse, realise the angle isn’t quite 90 degrees, flip table storm out, have a cup of tea. Repeat!

carlover670

Average Stuffer
Oct 22, 2020
When will Batch 2 be shipping? Next week? Two weeks or more? I base this on what was said earlier but that post was from over a month ago so things could have changed. I haven't seen non-computer generated silver Winter One since the kickstarter started so I can only imagine what silver cases look like. Super excited to see what people have done with Winter One!