Stalled Winter One -- 15.6L SFF case, 3090 Support, 3-slot GPUs, dual 280mm radiators, CFD Optimized Design

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
CPU side with the Apogee.

Before I remove the apogee, are there any tests that any of you might like me to perform?

Holy shit that's beautiful.

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
some artsy shots of the snowflake through the side panel.

Side note: I asked Fouzan to have the snow flake made for me when I was planning an AM4 build in here. I started having trouble with my x570i board and the 3900x. I returned those and picked up this z490 and 10900k instead. If this block was on an AM4 board, the snowflake would be oriented correctly.

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
Oh boy making my build look so amateur (which it definitely is). Looks beautiful! Did you swap out the fan on your PSU? Also what’s up with your 24 pin?

I did change the sf750 fan to a slim noctua 92mm... gotta have matching fans. 🙃

I'm using a j-hack m2426 to replace the 24 pin. This is the way to go. If you're waiting on batch 2, get on aliexpress to order a bunch of barrow fixed 90s and order one of these m2426 devices...

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019

Before I remove the apogee, are there any tests that any of you might like me to perform?
Grab OCCT and run a power test (combined cpu / GPU test) until you hit steady state.

we need to see just how insane dual 280s are 😍

Every Winter One dual rad test during the beta was using Magicool G2 Slim 240’s.

The 280s should outperform the already insane thermal results, considerably.

Koxx5D

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 26, 2020

I find that the tubing is cleaner with the AD II / Intel than with the AD II / AMD. I would be very interested) to see a picture of the other side :)
I have been waiting for the M2426 for 2 months, I think it should be here soon.

Last edited:

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
I ordered my m2426 January 3, and got it about two weeks ago.

I don't know about tubing routing. If you rotate the ad 90 degrees clockwise, you can come out of the top radiator into the inlet with a single 90 hard tube. then come out of the ad into the bottom rad with another 90, or 90 fitting and straight hard tube.

I will show pictures of other side once I get optimus swapped in and this can be done... for now. 😁

Perdition

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 8, 2021

I don't know about tubing routing. If you rotate the ad 90 degrees clockwise, you can come out of the top radiator into the inlet with a single 90 hard tube. then come out of the ad into the bottom rad with another 90, or 90 fitting and straight hard tube.

I will show pictures of other side once I get optimus swapped in and this can be done... for now. 😁
Mxj1 - what rads and fans are you using? I've got a pair of XSPC TX240 Crossflow Rads that I've never used. Overall length is about 297MM so I know they will fit but now I'm worried the case won't look "full" enough.

Perdition

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 8, 2021

Mxj1 - what rads and fans are you using? I've got a pair of XSPC TX240 Crossflow Rads that I've never used. Overall length is about 297MM so I know they will fit but now I'm worried the case won't look "full" enough.

Qzrx

Buried under radiators
Dec 29, 2019
Looks like 280GTS radiators with NF-A14 fans.

Reactions: mxj1

Perdition

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 8, 2021

I'm using a j-hack m2426 to replace the 24 pin. This is the way to go. If you're waiting on batch 2, get on aliexpress to order a bunch of barrow fixed 90s and order one of these m2426 devices...

What length and other options did you go with for the J-Hack M2426? Did you order any other cables from them? A screenshot of your order would suffice if you're willing. :) I have had it bookmarked for quite a while but am going to go ahead and pull the trigger in preparation for Batch 2.

jupiterking

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 23, 2020

Got any instructions on the fan swap? Any other parts I’d need? Also, as someone else asked I’m very interested in the cable length for the j-hack. I’ll have to order one!! Looks like you aren’t using the extra power output side on that?

Post-Newt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 12, 2020

Koxx5D

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 26, 2020
Got any instructions on the fan swap? Any other parts I’d need? Also, as someone else asked I’m very interested in the cable length for the j-hack. I’ll have to order one!! Looks like you aren’t using the extra power output side on that?
You can read this . I bought the cable ATX to M2426 -> 220 mm and the shield

doot4runner

Caliper Novice
Jan 22, 2020

How many fixed 90s did you use? I am not sure I am going to have enough......😬

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
How many fixed 90s did you use? I am not sure I am going to have enough......😬
I used six in total. the challenge is not only being short enough for the exit of the rad, but then you have to be short enough for the side panel to slide in. radials don't fit here.

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
What length and other options did you go with for the J-Hack M2426? Did you order any other cables from them? A screenshot of your order would suffice if you're willing. :) I have had it bookmarked for quite a while but am going to go ahead and pull the trigger in preparation for Batch 2.

I'm using sf750. I also ordered some of these, because first time i plugged in the four pin, the latch on it broke. He sent me a new connector so no big deal. I sleeved the m2426 cable myself.

My 8 pin cable, and gpu cables are from pslate... also took a couple weeks to get those.

Reactions: G-Rul1511

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020

Instructions on the fan swap. You'll need a standard four pin gpu fan connector and terminals unless you cut and splice the original fan - i don't like doing these type of things though.

I won't be using that connector for now. that power can be used to power drives, or give GND, 12V, 5V... but I made cables to go from my other devices and plug into my psu. I didn't want a bunch of cable clutter at that connector.

...and no sense for me to go from psu to 2426 to device, when i can just go psu to device. I ordered 180mm length. it fits perfectly behind the psu.