Window Kit for v4.1

thoughtsponge

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
Ahoy everyone,
I've finally migrated over here from the other forum as Dan had suggested everyone had moved over here.

I was just wondering if anyone has made a window for the v4.1. I'd like to do it myself, but I would like to see a photo of one and get everyone's impressions about difficulty of acquiring the window, etc.

Cheers!

thoughtsponge

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
On that same note, does anyone recommend a good vendor in the US/Canada that cuts tempered glass from provided .dxf files? Kind of like sendcutsend, but for glass.

Shaytanya

Trash Compacter
May 5, 2020
Hi there - just seen this. I am in the process of building a Dan A4.1 with a custom window. Put simply it wasn’t easy nor cheap - but I had to teach myself how to use the CAD software and I also had an interior designer tidy it all as it is rather fiddly. I then found a reputable laser cutter and got the design laser cut onto acrylic. I can’t show photos of the final design as I am currently waiting for a 3080 in order to build the rig and as such it is not built yet.

thoughtsponge

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
If acrylic is expensive then I imagine that tempered glass is even more expensive.

You brought up another point that I was going to mention. I have zero experience with Fusion 360, but I'd really like to add a vent of some kind. Do you recommend any tutorials on how to do so?

I'd be grateful if you could post photos of the window when you have a chance.

Cheers.

thoughtsponge

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
I found this buried in the A4 thread. I would love to add the vents from variant C. Does anyone have a modified .DWG with this configuration?

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Just as an interesting side fact, I thought I mention that for some reason, a lot of shops here in the city where I live (Budapest) have that 120mm aio bracket to sell. I just can't help but wonder how this particular component flooded the market here, for a pretty rare, kickstarted case. Which is okay, but compared to that I just find it interesting how accessible is the bracket. I can literally walk into one of these shops and buy the bracket like a chocolate bar, while the case itself can only be purchased from 2 online vendors throughout the whole continent of Europe. Dan Cases probably know about this, did they get a lot of inquiries about the bracket, they probably also wondered why every shop just goes for the bracket and not the case?

Not to mention that the case is not even that popular as it should be, itx is a niche and Dan A4 is a niche within a niche and if that's not deep enough then just think about how many Dan A4 owners actually utilizing the aio bracket? One can barely even found any proof of builds with that on the internet. Yet every shop has this in their inventory over here, that's hundreds of aio brackets. WTF? Is it the same in other countries? Does Dan Case receives more orders from shops for the bracket (that literally no build has) than the case itself?

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I think the Caseking Group has shops in your region. If this is the fact many other local shops are connected with the Caseking warehouse system and have access to inventory.

Shaytanya

Trash Compacter
May 5, 2020
v
If acrylic is expensive then I imagine that tempered glass is even more expensive.

You brought up another point that I was going to mention. I have zero experience with Fusion 360, but I'd really like to add a vent of some kind. Do you recommend any tutorials on how to do so?

I'd be grateful if you could post photos of the window when you have a chance.

Cheers.
Finally got the 3080 and built most of it - if you let me know how to upload a photo (I seem to only be able to send a link), I will do.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Finally got the 3080 and built most of it - if you let me know how to upload a photo (I seem to only be able to send a link), I will do.
I for one would like to see it. Upon posting, you'll have a window to type in and on the top of that there's a strip wher you can set your words to bold or italic, etc... there's a place to insert image. I would be interested to see a build that utilize the 120mm aio bracket.

thoughtsponge

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
That looks fantastic! Does the material hold up well to scratches? Did you have a hard time sourcing the correct screws?

Shaytanya

Trash Compacter
May 5, 2020
Thank you. I will do a full post of the entire build at some point.

So i frosted the edge myself with a type of frosting paint, and I scored the straight lines which a knife, which did not stratch it. However, I have only had it on a week or so so a bit early to tell.

you can either use the screws provided or I got longer ones on Amazon for like £5 for a massive box