Discussion Windows 11 Freezes &/or Restarts

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
The best way to get the latest driver updates is by using Ccleaner Professional. Note you can install as a trial and set up a fresh install properly with the most current updates until it hits its Trial time limit. I do this for all my new customer builds and my own machine of which I have a paid license, which is invaluable to me. Note: Ccleaner was developed by Piriform, but is now owned by Avast which is a Czech Antivirus Company with a good reputation.

Reactions: Jp42nca

Jp42nca

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
The best way to get the latest driver updates is by using Ccleaner Professional. Note you can install as a trial and set up a fresh install properly with the most current updates until it hits its Trial time limit. I do this for all my new customer builds and my own machine of which I have a paid license, which is invaluable to me. Note: Ccleaner was developed by Piriform, but is now owned by Avast which is a Czech Antivirus Company with a good reputation.
Good to know that Ccleaner does this. So many opinions out there it's hard to navigate. Thanks again for your help.

Reportsmark

Case Bender
New User
Aug 1, 2024
I ran into something similar with a new build I did for my work too. My system would freeze when I went online, but it ran smoothly for everything else. I found that checking the drivers for all my components helped a lot. Sometimes even updated drivers can have issues, so rolling back to an earlier version or trying a beta driver might fix it.

Reportsmark

Case Bender
New User
Aug 1, 2024
I ran into something similar with a new build I did for my work too. My system would freeze when I went online, but it ran smoothly for everything else. I found that checking the drivers for all my components helped a lot. Sometimes even updated drivers can have issues, so rolling back to an earlier version or trying a beta driver might fix it.
Also, I stumbled across some useful tips on operating systems forums that suggested tweaking a few settings related to network and power management. It’s worth a shot if you haven’t tried that yet. My system is stable now, and I’ve been able to keep it running smoothly while online.

Jp42nca

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 30, 2020
Also, I stumbled across some useful tips on operating systems forums that suggested tweaking a few settings related to network and power management. It’s worth a shot if you haven’t tried that yet. My system is stable now, and I’ve been able to keep it running smoothly while online.
It's fixed for now. Read that if you go to CMD Prompt & do the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth then sfc /scannow it should correct the problem. An issue was found & corrected, its been running fine ever since. I also made changes to my Power Management from Balanced to High Performance. So between the two its all good now.

Thanks for the the Operating Systems link, will check it out. All help is appreciated, you never know what's going to pop up next. Thanks for responding.