Other What's on Taobao

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
The ZZAW B3 should do the job, its very similar in both dimensions and layout to the Acat X2 you have on order.

Alternatively, if you're in the US, the Sliger Conswole is a great option and should get to you a lot quicker.

Yeah I was seriously considering the B3 but it has no AIO support at all :/. I have a 5900X so I'd rather not go for a small 92mm air cooler. With the giant GPU pushing heat in the case I don't think that would work well sadly

I'm not a huge fan of the console form factor because of the limitations in CPU cooling

But thanks for taking the time to reply!

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Yeah I was seriously considering the B3 but it has no AIO support at all :/. I have a 5900X so I'd rather not go for a small 92mm air cooler. With the giant GPU pushing heat in the case I don't think that would work well sadly

I'm not a huge fan of the console form factor because of the limitations in CPU cooling

But thanks for taking the time to reply!
yeah, you can't really expect radiator support from a sub 15L case with those requirements. Just FYI the X2 with the radiator capable tophat is an 18L case.
Edit2: Just noticed the X2 doesn't actually need a tophat to fit a 280mm rad, still the 2 cases below are the only alternatives right now.

The Cooler Master NR200 is actually about the same volume and basically available everywhere, and fits a 3090FE and 280mm rad with room to spare.

Alternatively, if you want to stick with Toabao cases, there's the Mechanic Master C28 which is slightly smaller than the X2 with tophat overall, but has a larger footprint.
Edit: And the C28 can only use a 240mm rad along with the 3090FE if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
yeah, you can't really expect radiator support from a sub 15L case with those requirements. Just FYI the X2 with the radiator capable tophat is an 18L case.
Edit2: Just noticed the X2 doesn't actually need a tophat to fit a 280mm rad, still the 2 cases below are the only alternatives right now.

The Cooler Master NR200 is actually about the same volume and basically available everywhere, and fits a 3090FE and 280mm rad with room to spare.

Alternatively, if you want to stick with Toabao cases, there's the Mechanic Master C28 which is slightly smaller than the X2 with tophat overall, but has a larger footprint.
Edit: And the C28 can only use a 240mm rad along with the 3090FE if I'm not mistaken.

Your edit is what makes the X2 so special, at its measurements it's insane what it can fit. But if I can't expect it for a month or more I'll need something else to be able to move the computer around like I tend to.

The NR200 is much bigger as I assume you noticed once you saw the top hat was not necessary for the X2.

EDIT: the C28 is a bit big and it won't ship until end of december but thanks I didn't know that case

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
@Nero
2 cases that 'might' fit your requirement.
1) JXK3 Youthful Edition

2) Metalfish S5

If you do not speak Chinese, you can still contact the seller directly. Some of them can speak decent English.
Also, as I suppose you will use an agent like Superbuy to handle the buying, why not ask the agent to confirm this crucial detail for you? This should be a simple question enough, not requiring many back-and-forth communication.

lys1030

Trash Compacter
Nov 8, 2020
www.youtube.com
I asked the Acat store owner today, and he relied that x2 will be ready to ship within 20 days (though I still expect some delay IMO), including all the add-on components.
The other newly realease case Acat S1 started shipping a few days ago.

Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I asked the Acat store owner today, and he relied that x2 will be ready to ship within 20 days (though I still expect some delay IMO), including all the add-on components.
The other newly realease case Acat S1 started shipping a few days ago.
You ordered one too?
If so, pls report as well.

Reactions: lys1030

Firebear

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2019
@Nero
@Firebear
Please report on the Acat X2 when it arrives. This case is quite interesting and unique. I find no user review of this new case yet.
yea will do - i considered the NR200, as well, as it also shares the same layout as the acat x2 and ncase m1. I like the looks of the acat more tho and the fact that it is smaller (~15l vs ~18l). Considering that I may move to China next year, I want it as small as possible, so it is easier to transport, while having a 2x rad custom loop (side and bottom) for a 6800xt and a 5900x (when I get those lol). Bit weird tho, that the Acat x2 fits a fullsize ATX psu while the NR200, being bigger, doesn't.

The JXKF3 looks also good in layout but just okayish in looks :D Would be a last resort if I wouldn't even get a NR200 in Germany.

Hmm if the delay of the acat is just 1 more month it's okay for me - just hope it will be shipped before lunar new year festival (as I don't have the components anyways right now). Weirdly enough that I saw a post on the beginning of november that it will be ready to ship these days but well everything is in demand right now and not readily available. Understandable.

@Nero have you considered the new Meshlicous case from Wahaha? It's like the NZXT itx tower but with 280mm rad support. Should release soon (it's produced by Lancool (Lian li?) )

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
...Bit weird tho, that the Acat x2 fits a fullsize ATX psu while the NR200, being bigger, doesn't....
ATX PSU does fit in the NR200(P), it's just not officially supported out of the box. There is a bracket that you can print out though, or you could just ziptie the PSU in place like so many in my local SFF community

Reactions: rfarmer

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
@Nero
2 cases that 'might' fit your requirement.
1) JXK3 Youthful Edition
This was a good candidate on my list, but the description says 140mm width for the GPU, from gold contact to largest part of the heatsink. So with power connectors that won't fit :/

2) Metalfish S5

This one is on Aliexpress where it is explicitly said that you need less than 20mm clearance betweenthe PCIe bracket and the largest point of the heatsink, the 3090 is more like 30mm without the connectors.

If you do not speak Chinese, you can still contact the seller directly. Some of them can speak decent English.
Also, as I suppose you will use an agent like Superbuy to handle the buying, why not ask the agent to confirm this crucial detail for you? This should be a simple question enough, not requiring many back-and-forth communication.

I didn't know you could contact a seller *before* the sale with Superbuy! Could you tell me how?

@Nero have you considered the new Meshlicous case from Wahaha? It's like the NZXT itx tower but with 280mm rad support. Should release soon (it's produced by Lancool (Lian li?) )

Yeah that one is veeeery much on my list, but still no info on a release date so I'd rather not count on it. But I'm follow the project closely!

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
Other than the Cat customer service, I think everyone is more interested in the performance and noise aspect.

Had some videos posted on this 700W flex psu, if anyone is keen.
I'd be a bit wary of new PSUs on the scene. Products like this pop up on Taobao all the time, they rack up a bunch of sales, and sometimes a big problem is found and then they go poof.

Personally I'd wait a couple months to see if there are any major issues that get discovered. The PSU is like the only thing that can kill a system, so I don't really get the logic on gambling with power to save money, when that component, if faulty could take out everything.

A stock Enhance ENP 7660B is the only one I'd trust.
This. Its quiet from my experience, its just the stock cables are pretty messy to deal with

lys1030

Trash Compacter
Nov 8, 2020
www.youtube.com
To anyone who have ordered the Acat x2 case, the power cable uses an aviator connector and I can't find anywhere to purchase it. By default, the merchant will give you an aviator to China standard power cable. If you don't want to use a China to US adapter (assuming you live in the US), make sure to request an aviator to US standard power cable. The merchant was kind enough to accommodate my request, though I'm not sure if it will cause shipment delay.

Reactions: thelaughingman

BakaBazooka

Chassis Packer
Nov 15, 2020
I'd be a bit wary of new PSUs on the scene. Products like this pop up on Taobao all the time, they rack up a bunch of sales, and sometimes a big problem is found and then they go poof.

Personally I'd wait a couple months to see if there are any major issues that get discovered. The PSU is like the only thing that can kill a system, so I don't really get the logic on gambling with power to save money, when that component, if faulty could take out everything.

This. Its quiet from my experience, its just the stock cables are pretty messy to deal with

The scariest aspect of it all is that new builders are literally buying those labelled "500W" PSUs which actually has only 200W components for that price, have seems many reviews of those Metalfish PSU blowing up on Taobao. At least this PSU manufacturer has somewhat a history of making PSUs and good reviews. They recently released an affordable SFX 650W 80+Plat PSU. Yes, I know that the Enhance 7660B is the go-to PSU for noise, but I really can't stand the stock cable and the grey case..

edit: For me to modify the cables and paint the case will already cost me more time and money just to buy this. The best thing is they offer factory installations for Noctua fans, so I not voiding their warranty :D

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I didn't know you could contact a seller *before* the sale with Superbuy! Could you tell me how?

I did not mean Superbuy specifically. I meant, you might use AliWangWang app to contact the seller.
Regarding Superbuy (even though I have not used their service before), when you place an order through them, can you not ask even a question? If so, that sucks. Years ago, I have used a Taobao-ordering service, which I can ask all kinds of questions before actually placing an order. I could even ask them to check the most current price of an item as Taobao prices can fluctuate a lot according to seasons and holidays.

Firebear

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2019
I just asked my superbuy agent to ask the acat seller if this kind of "aviator" power plug cable is included. I only find weird high power plugs lol.
I will definitely not wire that myself lol
The space looks like to be as big to fit a normal Schuko connector but no, someone wants to be special lol

edit: I found a reddit post where one guy asked the seller that.
IMPORTANT X2 has a custom power cord. This is a bummer. They should use standard cord. By default, the Chinese plug (same as Australia) will be shipped. If you request EU/USA plug, don't forget to leave a note when placing the order. If you placed an order already, you can still send a message to the vender to make a change before shipping. Or you might be able to request a standard cord, as he suggested I could replace the PSU extension cord easily with a standard one.

edit2: Yes it is included (confirmed by my superbuy agent).

Last edited:
Reactions: Nero

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018