Other What's on Taobao

Firebear

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2019
FYI we're coming up on annual holiday shutdowns. The CNY shutdown will start at basically the end of January...and then by March will resume. Catch being on resumption, QC usually takes a massive hit; the best batches of product are had before it.

So another month, could massively snowball.
I know about the CNY, as I also celebrate it, and the trouble in production surrounding it.
The thing with quality control bugs me and therefor hope it will ship before that (I read about the late FormdT1 QC issues). I mean production of maybe (a guess) 200 cases couldn't take 4-5 months right??? Especially for a producer that has already experience with all that. Otherwise, if it is being delayed even more after CNY, I could probably pick it up myself at some point when I go to China in July or August lol

Maybe I also need to look for alternatives. Sad, tho as I really like it. The Ncase just looks like a weird-ass transformer and the NR200 like a mini-fridge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nero

KevintheGuo

Caliper Novice
Dec 7, 2020
Nice! You can also ask the seller to custom paint parts. I payed just 100 Yuan more so he paints the tophat in a gold yellow for my color theme :)
It is aesthetic indeed. I could order it directly, too but i just don't want to bother with all that things. Especially since the agent can declare the package better for customs. Ah well the € is strong right now so it's cheap for me XD I wonder when it's finished tho and will arrive at the agents warehouse. Last time i heard from the agent for the coloring was over a week ago - well if the quality is good than it's okay to wait a little longer than usual. I don't even have an sfx psu anyways right now XD did you order any top/bottom hats as well? What are your plans to build in it?
I'm just so in love with the standard space grey finish!! so chose not to customize anything. I'm going with the default configuration with no top/bottom hat - it looks like default will be the equivalent of an Ncase M1 which has amazing potential already. This is actually my very first build, but I've been doing tons of research - originally was waiting on a Formd T1 but the gunmetal color configuration was a little disappointing, on top of their unfortunate constant production delays.

I'm planning on a full air-cooled configuration with plans to aim for as silent as possible - deshrouded 3080, a mid-level intel CPU (seeing how the new rocket lake benchmarks turn out) and noctua fans everywhere.

I can ask the seller what their estimates are on production.

I think you are the 3rd or 4th people here that has ordered this case.
May I ask you to give an open-box review when your case arrives? Thanks.

Definitely! I'm just getting into video editing so would be a fun journey anyways haha. My full PC build probably isn't going to be completed for another couple of months, but will definitely see how the case looks when it arrives! As well as checking compatibility/differences vs the Ncase M1

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Yeah that's a good point. I'll probably cancel the order all together if I don't hear from the seller anytime soon. Only reason I haven't done so already is the lack of alternative, there are no other cases that is this good looking, and can take a 3090 FE + 280mm AIO under 15L. But I'd rather get something bigger than keep waiting on the seller to actually care about his buying customers.
Not that it's available yet, but the mesh-licious ought to be pretty well suited for that use case. Should be widely available and affordable too, once it launches.

Reactions: Firebear

KevintheGuo

Caliper Novice
Dec 7, 2020
Yeah I wouldn't mind a delay, but no news at all is what's a bit annoying. Doesn't take more than a minute to say "sorry production delayed, eta 1 month" or something :/
FYI we're coming up on annual holiday shutdowns. The CNY shutdown will start at basically the end of January...and then by March will resume. Catch being on resumption, QC usually takes a massive hit; the best batches of product are had before it.

So another month, could massively snowball.

Hey all - for what it's worth, I asked the seller of the acat X2 today about how long they would take (and I just ordered yesterday) and they said 15 days. I'm not sure if it's mine specifically or the batch, but I assume anybody who ordered before me should get it earlier (though I didn't ask for any customization, don't know how much longer that would be).

Reactions: Nero and Firebear

Firebear

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2019
Hey all - for what it's worth, I asked the seller of the acat X2 today about how long they would take (and I just ordered yesterday) and they said 15 days. I'm not sure if it's mine specifically or the batch, but I assume anybody who ordered before me should get it earlier (though I didn't ask for any customization, don't know how much longer that would be).
hey thanks for that! I guess by now they do a huge batch. I'll ask my agent later again as well then. My customized piece is just the top mesh in another color, nothing fancy XD

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
the pro version are cnc milled using the design of the a4v2 and much more expensive btw
holy moly the pics look nice. Do you have any more info on this case? it looks like it doesn't support 2x 120mm 25 fans but only slim fans.

is it already released?

EndingCredits

Caliper Novice
Dec 17, 2020
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm seeing a lot of slim casefans from a variety of manufacturers (fanner, ID-COOLING, BOSSTOP) on aliexpress. Does anyone know anything about these, are they OEMs for some of the more well-known brands?

Also, interested in what this could be (amazon link). Image shows a FANNER 15mm, but the description says 12mm. FANNER do do a 12mm it seems, but it's different to whats shown (and doesm't explain why it's described as an ACAMPTAR). The image is also basically identical to my Akasa 15mm fan, could the akasa be a rebadge?

dacamel

Cable Smoosher
Jun 27, 2019
Greetings from Germany!
Currently im looking for an ITX Case with
-Vertical GPU Mount
- 2 X 360mm Radiator support

Of Course the Jonsplus i 100 pro would be the perfect match, but somehow Jonsbo took some retarded choices so i think you cant even fit a slim Rad (20mm) with with Noctua 15mm Fans. Ehhh, maybe some of you guys know a good alternative ? Otherwise i buy the case here in germany and mod some parts to get it work.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Greetings from Germany!
Currently im looking for an ITX Case with
-Vertical GPU Mount
- 2 X 360mm Radiator support

Of Course the Jonsplus i 100 pro would be the perfect match, but somehow Jonsbo took some retarded choices so i think you cant even fit a slim Rad (20mm) with with Noctua 15mm Fans. Ehhh, maybe some of you guys know a good alternative ? Otherwise i buy the case here in germany and mod some parts to get it work.
There isn't anything other than the Jonsplus i 100 Pro as far as I know. But if the bottom mount can't fit a slim rad&fans. you can always put the 15mm fans on the outside of the case with some spacers for the case feet if you need more space for airflow.

Alternatively, why not a dual 280mm radiator case? There are more options, they're much smaller, perform basically just as well and you'll have to spend less on fans.

Reactions: Valantar

dacamel

Cable Smoosher
Jun 27, 2019
There isn't anything other than the Jonsplus i 100 Pro as far as I know. But if the bottom mount can't fit a slim rad&fans. you can always put the 15mm fans on the outside of the case with some spacers for the case feet if you need more space for airflow.

Alternatively, why not a dual 280mm radiator case? There are more options, they're much smaller, perform basically just as well and you'll have to spend less on fans.
Thanks would also be possible. You have maybe some good advices for A4 Style cases ?

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Thanks would also be possible. You have maybe some good advices for A4 Style cases ?
Off the top of my head:

The Dice Cases Flow (with the double medium(30mm rads) or large(45mm rads) extensions), They're located in Europe, so shipping is reasonable and no import tax/fees.

The Winterdesign One, really well designed but quite expensive.

MaZo

Average Stuffer
Dec 6, 2020
Not that it's available yet, but the mesh-licious ought to be pretty well suited for that use case. Should be widely available and affordable too, once it launches.
Only if he watercools the FE, the Mesh-licious doesn’t seem well suited for the FE’s cooling (as most sandwich style cases).

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
For dual 280 A4 style cases, IIRC, one (or maybe two) of these brands (Kevcase/Akkla/Acat/Formula ) offer an A4 sandwich style case that can be fitted with a top hat and a bottom hat to house 280 rad.
If you are interested, investigate in this direction.

digispa

Cable Smoosher
Mar 5, 2017
Top being plastic... You gotta hit the price point somehow. The case is on newegg for $239. Kind of steep if you ask me. I think it is $139.99 MSRP... So $100 for shipping. lol

FWIW - I've been bugging the guys at jonsplus. They are looking for a US distributor, I was thinking of making an LLC and trying to get some of these cases to market in the US. I might be able to sell 50 or so. haha
Ughhhh, that really barks. I was hoping that the top was an unfinished or textured aluminum, not plastic...

If you did bring over a bunch, I'd definitely buy one. I really want to get one to do a video review, but it seems like shipping this case to the US is at least $150 to $200. That just feels like it's way too much.

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
Ughhhh, that really barks. I was hoping that the top was an unfinished or textured aluminum, not plastic...

If you did bring over a bunch, I'd definitely buy one. I really want to get one to do a video review, but it seems like shipping this case to the US is at least $150 to $200. That just feels like it's way too much.
The jonsplus guys told me they have or are close to securing a US seller/distributor. So we will see. I personally don't have the time to put toward getting these distributed.
FWIW - newegg has a listing. $300. It was 269 a few weeks ago. I guess shipping went up.