Other What's on Taobao

DaBest

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 30, 2020
When you said 'vertical orientation', do you mean a case allowing a relatively long display card in a vertical position with IO pointing upward or, a relatively short display card still in a horizontal position?
Sorry for not being clear, I meant it to be almost the exact layout of dan a4 which would be a long gpu (300mm) in a vertical position with the IO either on the top or bottom.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Lian-Li PC-Q37? Not identical, but pretty similar at least.

The case I mentioned uses an ATX motherboard. I have been designing a case with this exact layout and it ends up at around 18,5 L with an ATX mobo. Lian Li is 28L with an ITX mobo, quite a difference ;) unfortunately making a case myself is just way too much work than I have time right now.

sv3

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 19, 2020
Hey guys, need a little help. Is Formula closed up for good? I was lucky to get a loli1 and a 600w hz mod 7660b psu ordered a few months ago and just received it recently. Something unfortunate happened and I need some new cables for the psu. I had superbuy try and contact, but this was the reply:
"We have double confirmed with seller, the item has been removed by him , and it is not available for purchase any more. "

Is there anywhere else recommended that I can get cables for that psu model sized for the loli1?

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020
Hey guys, need a little help. Is Formula closed up for good? I was lucky to get a loli1 and a 600w hz mod 7660b psu ordered a few months ago and just received it recently. Something unfortunate happened and I need some new cables for the psu. I had superbuy try and contact, but this was the reply:
"We have double confirmed with seller, the item has been removed by him , and it is not available for purchase any more. "

Is there anywhere else recommended that I can get cables for that psu model sized for the loli1?

You can get customized PSU cables for Loli1 case from HZMOD too. Under the "All categories" > Full module custom line. You need to let them know the model of power supply you are using and the case you are using (Loli1).

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c-s.w4002-17783635121.17.5124d6edtr4c12&id=604982640360

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
A new 47mm heatsink showed up on Taobao - the ID Cooling IS-47K

199 RMB. Who wants to be the guinea pig :D?

• Haha
Reactions: NinoPecorino

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
Does anyone know whether the Captain S v1 https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=595796755381 is a copycat of something? I like the arrangement quite a bit, at 145mm it is an exact fit for the Cryorig H7, has an ATX PSU etc. But the price together with the fact it needs to be shipped from China makes me go :/ I don't need a tempered glass window... or a window at all :)

jxfong2

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
Does anyone know whether the Captain S v1 https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=595796755381 is a copycat of something? I like the arrangement quite a bit, at 145mm it is an exact fit for the Cryorig H7, has an ATX PSU etc. But the price together with the fact it needs to be shipped from China makes me go :/ I don't need a tempered glass window... or a window at all :)
The layout design is traditional classic, everyone uses that layout in the past until we have a4 sandwich and console.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
An upgrade to an Al side panel is only 99 RMB. Unless you are a RGB fan, I definitely suggest you getting the Al side panel, which has vent openings just like the right side panel.

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020

That Captain S v1 (newer version is v1.2) is like a more affordable version of Deng F12. I've read a lot of good reviews about this case from Chiphell.

If you are looking for an even more affordable version, there's the Acat3 (v2). But that one only has one rear fan.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...AQzvc&id=619336815818&ns=1&abbucket=18#detail

yensteel

Caliper Novice
Aug 10, 2017
Aklla Seems to have updated their case to V2. Changes (Summarized):

1. Better manufacturing process to minimize imperfections across the side panels, top hat, and cover and also to avoid misalignment/gaps.
2. Thickened panels, shell, and top cover.
3. CPU/GPU compatibility is adjustable - 75mm cpu/50mm gpu or 68 cpu/58 GPU
4. In addition to SFX/SFX-L, can also support ATX, but on their website it said that front panel wires need to be "resoldered" to make it work. I don't understand what they really meant by that.
5. Color process is changed. silver/black oxidation abandoned, Space grey is used instead. White is now electrostatic spray, more lasting than spray paint.

Specs (Directly from Taobao/google translate):

Chassis model: "Standard Edition"
Volume: 335 (L) x 155 (W) x 190(H)mm
Volume: 10L
Material quality: 2mm 6061 aluminum (shell) + 2mm galvanized steel (a few internal structural parts)
Surface treatment: anodized deep space gray / electrostatic spray white
Motherboard specification: Mini ITX motherboard (170mm*170mm)
CPU heat dissipation: CPU heat dissipation limit is 75mm/67mm
Power supply type: SFX, SFXL, ATX power supply
Hard disk specifications: 5 2.5 hard disks can be installed with sfx power supply
Graphics card support: L: 330mm, W: 58mm H: 140mm or less, use a short graphics card to install a 3.5-inch hard drive*2 (support separately purchased)

Chassis model: "Water-cooled version"

Volume: 335 (L) x 155 (W) x 250(H)mm
Capacity: 13L
Water cooling support: 120/140/240/280 water cooling, cold exhaust + fan not exceeding 60mm
Material quality: 2mm 6061 aluminum (shell) + 2mm galvanized steel (a few internal structural parts)
Hard disk specifications: 5 2.5 hard disks can be installed with sfx power supply
Graphics card support: L: 330mm, W: 58mm H: 140mm or less, use a short graphics card to install a 3.5-inch hard drive*2 (support separately purchased)

I'm happy to see that they are actively responding to criticism.

Last edited:

Radec

Efficiency Noob
Jul 7, 2019
Aklla Seems to have updated their case to V2. Changes (Summarized):

1. Better manufacturing process to minimize imperfections across the side panels, top hat, and cover and also to avoid misalignment/gaps.
2. Thickened panels, shell, and top cover.
3. CPU/GPU compatibility is adjustable - 75mm cpu/50mm gpu or 68 cpu/58 GPU
4. In addition to SFX/SFX-L, can also support ATX, but on their website it said that front panel wires need to be "resoldered" to make it work. I don't understand what they really meant by that.
5. Color process is changed. silver/black oxidation abandoned, Space grey is used instead. White is now electrostatic spray, more lasting than spray paint.

Specs (Directly from Taobao/google translate):

Chassis model: "Standard Edition"
Volume: 335 (L) x 155 (W) x 190(H)mm
Volume: 10L

Chassis model: "Water-cooled version"

Volume: 335 (L) x 155 (W) x 250(H)mm
Capacity: 13L
Water cooling support: 120/140/240/280 water cooling, cold exhaust + fan not exceeding 60mm

I'm happy to see that they are actively responding to criticism.

Is the V2 water-cooled version already with the integrated top hat?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Is the V2 water-cooled version already with the integrated top hat?
It looks like so.
Standard version (ie air cooled version) is 335x155x190.
Water-cooled version is 335x155x250. That additional height must refer to the integrated top hat. While you can still buy a standard version with a top hat, I think, if you plan to watercool, the water-cooled version looks better and functions (at least, structurally speaking) better.