Other What's on Taobao

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
IIRC, Formula and Acat are different brands but of the same seller.
And, it seems Acat products are still available.
Wait a few days and see if any news comes out.

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
IIRC, Formula and Acat are different brands but of the same seller.
And, it seems Acat products are still available.
Wait a few days and see if any news comes out.
As far as I know from other users that are following them, Acat and Formula are real life brothers of each other. Oh well, lets see if there are any news.

• Wow
Reactions: thelaughingman

DamMuc

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 20, 2020
I recently purchased a case from Formula and was waiting for the shipment. I was able to contact the seller after the shop closed, and he said there's an issue with Taobao checking his shop or something that makes him not able to open the shop temporarily. He said the shop will be back in several days and the shipment is still going on.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I recently purchased a case from Formula and was waiting for the shipment. I was able to contact the seller after the shop closed, and he said there's an issue with Taobao checking his shop or something that makes him not able to open the shop temporarily. He said the shop will be back in several days and the shipment is still going on.
Just my guess but maybe the spike in orders trigger some sort of fraud/risk review or something?

DamMuc

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 20, 2020
I'm not super good at Chinese and I had to translate the conversation via google translator, but the message was something like the shop had more than 50,000 orders and had to close for inspection? Not 100% sure what this means though.

Reactions: thelaughingman

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I'm not super good at Chinese and I had to translate the conversation via google translator, but the message was something like the shop had more than 50,000 orders and had to close for inspection? Not 100% sure what this means though.
Let me have a look. Would you post the link pls?

Anyway, the official response is that there was an erroneous handling by the agent, causing the shop page to be non functional.
This should be solved in a few days. Ordered cases are being delivered out without interruption.

63holden

Chassis Packer
May 19, 2020
According to him the sidepanel will contain the logo. I do not yet know if it will be possible to get the sidepanels without the logo. I am currently still waiting for a reply regarding this.

Have you had any further feed back about the side panels for your case about the availability of a plain side panel for the Feipu
Thanks

Hanslol2

Cable Smoosher
Jul 18, 2020
Have you had any further feed back about the side panels for your case about the availability of a plain side panel for the Feipu
Thanks

My superbuy agent told me that the logo cannot be removed by the seller, which I understand as the seller not producing or selling non branded sidepanels. For now I will keep my order and post images of the case once it has arrived. I hope that the logo won't look as clunky and irritating as on the renders.

Shipment to superbuy should take place on the 30th and i hope to have the case 1 or 2 weeks after.

63holden

Chassis Packer
May 19, 2020
My superbuy agent told me that the logo cannot be removed by the seller, which I understand as the seller not producing or selling non branded sidepanels. For now I will keep my order and post images of the case once it has arrived. I hope that the logo won't look as clunky and irritating as on the renders.

Shipment to superbuy should take place on the 30th and i hope to have the case 1 or 2 weeks after.
Thanks for that reply, that looks like it definitely strikes it off my list as I was hoping to get it on the pre order price so the search goes on
Cheers

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I don't know if any of you remember the single slot low profile GTX 1050 by ASL (which I used to have for a short time), but I've been sleuthing to see if they launched a similar GTX 1650 card. And lo and behold, it exists:

Doesn't seem like a bad price for the form factor either. Wonder how hot it will get?

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
That's a terrible decision to put branding right in the middle of the side panels, I'm glad I got a blank version now but can't recommend it anymore. They should just put it on the back where the Louqe label is.

dotori

Efficiency Noob
Jul 16, 2019

Thanks for that. Looks like I’m gonna try to cancel my order

Hanslol2

Cable Smoosher
Jul 18, 2020
Thanks for that. Looks like I’m gonna try to cancel my order
I am still struggling with myself if I should cancel the order or not. On one hand nobody knows yet how stupid it will look (but it will no doubt look stupid 'FEIYOUPU' is not a impressive brand name in particular) and I would have to start researching again for a new Ghost S1 clone as I haven't seen too many proper images of other clones.

Hanslol2

Cable Smoosher
Jul 18, 2020
Maybe if enough people cancel orders that will motivate the seller to change back to normal side panels.
Maybe on the next shipment, for this one it is a done deal I guess. If he wants to ship until the 30th the production has to be running already. Maybe i will just paint the Letters black and try to make it blend in ,use it as a color highlight with something else or maybe as a LED mounting spot.

dotori

Efficiency Noob
Jul 16, 2019
I am still struggling with myself if I should cancel the order or not. On one hand nobody knows yet how stupid it will look (but it will no doubt look stupid 'FEIYOUPU' is not a impressive brand name in particular) and I would have to start researching again for a new Ghost S1 clone as I haven't seen too many proper images of other clones.

I was getting one of the ghost clones cuz I wanted something super minimal, I was already on the fence with this one because on the back of the case, theres some red. But went with it anyways just because it was the only one I could find that would be available soon. But the feiyoupu just takes away from that minimalism. I didnt want any logo anywhere. Which is why I also didnt like the geeek cases, I think its just overly done. Will probably just get the steck now.