Other What's on Taobao

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I did a lot of research on ghost clones and I narrowed it down to the Formula X1, Kevcases clone, and this one.
Maybe, you can list out all the ghost clones that you have researched on, with their pros and cons.
This valuable info can be very helpful to other members.
Just do not like to see your research result wasted.

Reactions: aggressivehog

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
I did a lot of research on ghost clones and I narrowed it down to the Formula X1, Kevcases clone, and this one.
I got a slightly cheaper preorder price but I still think this one has the best price/quality ratio. (I own a Formula 2s so I think I have a pretty good reference for comparison)

Great to hear! Thanks for the info I think I'll get one :)

esca

Efficiency Noob
May 9, 2020
Finally got around to finishing this build. obligatory item link - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=606304906165

Got one of these for an upcoming build as well!

Reactions: hereforthefeast

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
Maybe, you can list out all the ghost clones that you have researched on, with their pros and cons.
Too many to list in all honesty. I read through this entire thread and also translated threads from chiphell and got a sense of which taobao case makers had the best overall quality and reasonable turnaround time. This is a good reference for a lot of cases -
In the end I thought that Formula had the best quality cases but the price was pretty much the same as Louqe, and with a much longer turnaround time. The Kevcases had pretty good reviews, but after studying enough pictures from customer builds I decided that the one I got had slightly better features (thicker panels, nicer fit and finish such as chamfered holes and strong case magnets. It also included a riser cable and top hat for no extra cost.)

In the time since I placed my order, Kevcases released a newer version of the Ghost clone which is about half the price of their initial version which means it's really really cheap but I'm not sure what to expect in terms of quality. There's also the newer Aklla line of cases that look intriguing - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=612151937643

And finally there's this sexy looking thing which just finished a crowdfunding round - https://www.iqunix.com/products/65

rainmaker33

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2020
Hello everyone,
I've been following this thread for a while, and I really want the Acat x1.
Can anyone tell me the specs of the case, such as GPU compatibility?

Thanks!

I translated it for you. BTW, I don't think this case is being ship yet. I can't find any review on this ACAT X1 yet. I would like to see the interior and case quality too.

Max CPU height 67mm
Graphic card size: 310mm x 135mm x 48mm
ADT graphic riser cable: 180mm (UF-TU double reverse), there is also an D-type 300mm Li-heat riser cable.
Fan support: 1x 12012 top fan or 1x bottom 12025
6x 2.5 SSD (I guess if one is not installing the bottom fan). 1x 3.5 HDD if using short graphic card.
SFX power supply.
Weight: 2.5kg, package weight 3.5kg
Material: 6061 T6 Aluminum, 3~4mm thickness
Top hat: 240 water cooling (height 60mm) or air cooling (25mm or 15mm thick fan)

Package A (套餐一 ) come with ADT riser cable.
Official package (官方标配 ) without ADT riser cable

Reactions: yensteel

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
@RobBobbins
Here is a newly released open bench. Not traditional as the N1 and not as 'complicated' as a JX1.
To me, the main benefit is its smaller footprint, at the expense of having a PCIe riser cable.

I like the way it looks but I don't like the fact all the IO are at the top of the case, once you start adding cables it won't look nearly as clean.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I like the way it looks but I don't like the fact all the IO are at the top of the case, once you start adding cables it won't look nearly as clean.
Yes, this is true.
Probably the best to minimize the cabling look is to use 90-degree angled cables as many as possible.
The worst would be the DVI connector but fortunately, DVI connector is giving way to DP, which is much smaller.

Reactions: rfarmer

vyral_143

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
In the time since I placed my order, Kevcases released a newer version of the Ghost clone which is about half the price of their initial version which means it's really really cheap but I'm not sure what to expect in terms of quality.

@tinyitx I have ordered this one. Mine is about to ship after wait of nearly 40 days. I am in their QQ group. It appears seller has small workshop where he prepares them - hence longer wait times. But he seems a genuine person.

That Yuan 500 version is now 600 and called Youth version. Standard version is Yuan 900. About quality, he mentions that, Youth version uses same CNC process and material as standard version. But surface treatment is different between these two versions. It also appears that he has improved upon some of shortcomings of earlier version of clone.

Similarly, I had checked a lots of Ghost clones on Taobao. Summary from my end;
Formula clone - expensive but probably best clone. It even goes to improve upon some shortcomings of original Ghost S1
Kevcases standard version - near replica of Ghost S1 except may be magnets ?
one which @hereforthefeast bought - nice balance on quality and price
Kevcases youth version - probably most VFM variant going by few available reviews and discussion in their QQ group.
Aklla - I would personally avoid these. Build quality is okay-ish and design deviates a lot from original Ghost S1
Acat X1 - actual product pictures are very pleasing for what it costs but delivery estimation is 29th October - it does not seem practical to wait that long.
Wdean Dora D1S - not very sure about quality but steep pricing of about USD 212 and lead time of 3+ months is putting off.

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
@tinyitx I have ordered this one. Mine is about to ship after wait of nearly 40 days. I am in their QQ group. It appears seller has small workshop where he prepares them - hence longer wait times. But he seems a genuine person.

That Yuan 500 version is now 600 and called Youth version. Standard version is Yuan 900. About quality, he mentions that, Youth version uses same CNC process and material as standard version. But surface treatment is different between these two versions. It also appears that he has improved upon some of shortcomings of earlier version of clone.

Similarly, I had checked a lots of Ghost clones on Taobao. Summary from my end;
Formula clone - expensive but probably best clone. It even goes to improve upon some shortcomings of original Ghost S1
Kevcases standard version - near replica of Ghost S1 except may be magnets ?
one which @hereforthefeast bought - nice balance on quality and price
Kevcases youth version - probably most VFM variant going by few available reviews and discussion in their QQ group.
Aklla - I would personally avoid these. Build quality is okay-ish and design deviates a lot from original Ghost S1
Acat X1 - actual product pictures are very pleasing for what it costs but delivery estimation is 29th October - it does not seem practical to wait that long.
Wdean Dora D1S - not very sure about quality but steep pricing of about USD 212 and lead time of 3+ months is putting off.

hopefully more people start purchasing these clone cases so we can do proper comparisons

RobBobbins

Caliper Novice
May 28, 2020
@RobBobbins
Here is a newly released open bench. Not traditional as the N1 and not as 'complicated' as a JX1.
To me, the main benefit is its smaller footprint, at the expense of having a PCIe riser cable.

Wow that looks really interesting! As for now i've really taken a liking to the N1. The thing is.... should I swap from my Ncase D:

Vaughan14

Efficiency Noob
Jun 15, 2020
I ordered a Kevcases youth edition over a month ago via superbuy, although I'm trying to be patient as it keeps getting delayed.
I purchased a riser seperately too, I would love the white one he is selling but the price put me off, especially when I dont know what international shipping will be yet.
I may buy it if the youth edition impresses me :).

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
The case magnets that came with my clone are very strong (Takes just under 2 lbs of force to lift based on this cheap luggage scale) - no worries about the lid popping off accidentally when transporting.

Reactions: jaeparku and Nero

vyral_143

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
I ordered a Kevcases youth edition over a month ago via superbuy, although I'm trying to be patient as it keeps getting delayed.
On what date did you buy it? I had ordered it on 7th May and have confirmation on shipping this week.

Apparently, all orders, atleast, till 11th May are going to be shipped this week.

Vaughan14

Efficiency Noob
Jun 15, 2020
I purchased on the 14th, Superbuy haven't kept me up to date except that he was going to ship on the 5th, but that came and went.
I'm glad I got it for 500 yuan though. @vyral_143

vyral_143

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
I purchased on the 14th, Superbuy haven't kept me up to date except that he was going to ship on the 5th, but that came and went.

I have last update on Taobao as of Friday - 12th June that my order will be shipped soon. I will try to check if orders of 14th May would be covered or not.

evd

Trash Compacter
Mar 24, 2020
FYI I have my taobao (Kyle’s Studio) Cube X1 build posted here if anyone wants to check out yet another Ghost (ish) style case. Feel free to ask any questions regarding it over there too.

I was just reading about how gunmetal/grey is hard to colour match -
Makes sense! It’s not too bad a job though on mine. Thinking of just vinyl wrapping it in a metallic grey.

vyral_143

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020

Hey, I checked with seller over QQ about order of 14th May. It will be included in this batch. He also mentioned that second batch should be shipped today !

Reactions: Vaughan14

Orangensaf1

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 21, 2020
Hey, I checked with seller over QQ about order of 14th May. It will be included in this batch. He also mentioned that second batch should be shipped today !

Hey vyral_143, I ordered my Kevcases Youth on June 1st, do you have any info if it will be included in this batch? Or is it best if I try to join the QQ group and ask the seller myself?