Other What's on Taobao

nicb6

Trash Compacter
Jul 14, 2018
SGPC K55 on taobao

Can somebody quickly help me? I'm interested in this case and I'm not sure about the different color options. I suppose that option 4 (showing a silver side panel) means that I get a side panel made out of aluminum instead of acryl, correct? Do I get 1 or 2 aluminum side panel with this option and are the side panels only available in silver? Logically the side panels should have the same color as the rest of the case.
Thanks for the help. :)

Edit: Oh and I guess the riser cable is not included?

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
SGPC K55 on taobao

Can somebody quickly help me? I'm interested in this case and I'm not sure about the different color options. I suppose that option 4 (showing a silver side panel) means that I get a side panel made out of aluminum instead of acryl, correct? Do I get 1 or 2 aluminum side panel with this option and are the side panels only available in silver? Logically the side panels should have the same color as the rest of the case.
Thanks for the help. :)

Edit: Oh and I guess the riser cable is not included?

The 'standard' case has 2 acrylic side panels (left and right).
Option 4 gets you just one silver side panel in Aluminum (no K55 case). So, if you want two, you will have to order two. It is on pre-order now. ETA is mid April.

At the moment, this Al side panel is silver only. I do not see any mentioning of either red or black available.
Also, K55 in black is also on pre-order. ETA is end of April.

Riser cable is not included. Included accessories are shown in the pic (showing a screw driver and user manual).
SG01 is the optional accessory riser cable which you can order for 99 RMB.
I see there is also a custom backpack for 129 RMB (which might be useful if you plan to carry the PC around).

I have no experience with this case and am just reading the info off the product page linked.

Reactions: ChrisMCP and nicb6

xigon

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 12, 2020
I'm doing a new pc build starting with the SGPC k55 case first and later into the future, turning it into a $1000 build when I can afford it.

For now, I want to transfer all my old components into the k55 case, and I hope someone can help me with this because I'm not sure if they will be compatible.
This is my old build, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xLzDQV .

- I know I need a new PSU for the k55 case. What PSU can I go with now, that will supplement a mid-range $1000 build?
- Will my current gpu fit inside this case? I heard I need something extra like a pcie or something like that?

And final question, I heard it's hard to build with small cases like this. I have very low experience with building PCs. Will that be alot of trouble or can I do it?

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
@xigon Your gpu will fit. Do you have a cpu cooler? Are you using stock cooler?

Things will be a littler tight. The only thing that will not fit, is your hard drive. It only supports 2x 2.5" drives not any 3.5" drives. Although you may be able to fit it underneath the power supply. But you'd have to mount it with double sided tape/Velcro/ or drill holes in the bottom of the case to support it.

Any 450w PSU sfx will be fine. I'd recommend getting a sf450 if possible (since they are easy to get custom cables for, if you decide to do that at some point)

Reactions: xigon

xigon

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 12, 2020
@xigon Your gpu will fit. Do you have a cpu cooler? Are you using stock cooler?

Things will be a littler tight. The only thing that will not fit, is your hard drive. It only supports 2x 2.5" drives not any 3.5" drives. Although you may be able to fit it underneath the power supply. But you'd have to mount it with double sided tape/Velcro/ or drill holes in the bottom of the case to support it.

Any 450w PSU sfx will be fine. I'd recommend getting a sf450 if possible (since they are easy to get custom cables for, if you decide to do that at some point)

I'm using the stock cooler of the G3258 for now.

I did not even think about the hard drive. If at worst it doesn't fit can I just connect the hard drive internally but slip the cables through the panels cutout so I can leave the hdd outside of the case? Or I could just not install one of the side panels and just have it laying outside?

Would that cause any problems? It won't be permanent. My plan was to upgrade all the parts sequentially as I get the money in the coming months.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I'm using the stock cooler of the G3258 for now.

I did not even think about the hard drive. If at worst it doesn't fit can I just connect the hard drive internally but slip the cables through the panels cutout so I can leave the hdd outside of the case? Or I could just not install one of the side panels and just have it laying outside?

Would that cause any problems? It won't be permanent. My plan was to upgrade all the parts sequentially as I get the money in the coming months.
If it doesn't quite fit you can just add spacer to the case panel. Here is an example of me doing something similar (my 120mm aio wouldn't fit so I added spacers to make it fit)

xigon

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 12, 2020
If it doesn't quite fit you can just add spacer to the case panel. Here is an example of me doing something similar (my 120mm aio wouldn't fit so I added spacers to make it fit)

That's a great idea. Where can I get those spacers?
Also, about the SG01 riser. Does that work with any gpu or is there any compatibility issues with certain gpu's?

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
That's a great idea. Where can I get those spacers?
Also, about the SG01 riser. Does that work with any gpu or is there any compatibility issues with certain gpu's?
I just found out what thread the original screw was, went the the hardware store and got longer one. It would be a good idea to get a plastic spacer(or stack of washers) so they are even, but I didn't.

The riser should be good to go. Some risers might have issues on x570 motherboards due to the pcie gen 4. But I don't know much about that. Otherwise nid you plan to use any other kind of Mobo in the future you should be fine. You might even be fine with x570, but that would be the only "issue" I know of. Perhaps someone else can comment on that.

IISNAFUII

Chassis Packer
Apr 13, 2020
Has anyone bought the Formula X1 or "Ghost S1 with 2 top hats (top and bottom)?

Been digging around and can see top hat options for the top fitment but haven't been able to find information on bottom mounting.

Or if any one else has other suggestions they've stumbled across besides those in this thread (Wealth of info here)

Reactions: thelaughingman

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Has anyone bought the Formula X1 or "Ghost S1 with 2 top hats (top and bottom)?

Been digging around and can see top hat options for the top fitment but haven't been able to find information on bottom mounting.

Or if any one else has other suggestions they've stumbled across besides those in this thread (Wealth of info here)
This isn't the formula but the kevcases version:

This is the formula(compared to the ghost). Maybe it shows what you're looking for:

IISNAFUII

Chassis Packer
Apr 13, 2020
Yeah - I've looked at what information I could find (photo comparisons, seen ones with top hats, etc), but haven't seen any with bottom mountings.

If there's none out in the wild I reach out to the seller (hopefully won't need a V1.2 :p)

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Yeah - I've looked at what information I could find (photo comparisons, seen ones with top hats, etc), but haven't seen any with bottom mountings.

If there's none out in the wild I reach out to the seller (hopefully won't need a V1.2 :p)
If you are looking for A4 style case with bottom 'hat' mounting, you can find some here, for the WDean Dora D1S.
Click into the user reviews. Of those 60, I see some with bottom mounting.

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
Honest question. For someone in the US, what's the best way to order off taobao without getting charged an arm and a leg?

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Standard is as per the photo. Left panel acrylic window
Package 1 = Left panel is aluminium (probably vented), Right panel is tempered glass
Package 2 = I've left a message with the seller, but I'm guessing its two aluminium panels EDIT: yes confirmed, price is for both panels to be made out of aluminium

Last two options are what I also understand them to be

**edit: Regarding the Acat 3...

Just to add to this/clarify, I was recently in contact with the seller who speaks english and was pretty helpful. The ¥439 option is acrylic for both side panels; typical window panel as well as the panel behind the motherboard. If you want the panel behind the motherboard to be aluminum you'll have to step up to the tempered glass model/package. The listing does say you can add an aluminum panel for ¥100 however that would be close enough to the price of the TG package that IMO you might as well "upgrade" the acrylic. Screws are your choice of black or silver.

I've put an order in through superbuy (package 1, space grey). I expect it will be a while before it's made, shipped, shipped again, and eventually arrives in Canada... but I'll try to remember to comment my thoughts once I have it in hand. Full build won't be until after rtx3000/rx6000/ryzen4000, although I'll probably transplant my S4 build into it once it arrives. I plan to do some experimenting with replacing the fans/shroud on the gpu and different airflow directions. I'm hoping the ncase set up of exhausting air out the bottom will still work reasonably well with a smaller gpu heatsink and slim fans (reversing psu fan direction), but I'll be content with alternative set ups and less ambitious thermals if it comes to that.

Reactions: pseudobacon

IISNAFUII

Chassis Packer
Apr 13, 2020
If you are looking for A4 style case with bottom 'hat' mounting, you can find some here, for the WDean Dora D1S.
Click into the user reviews. Of those 60, I see some with bottom mounting.

Thanks for the help on that! Didn't occur to me to locate a review section, nice to see photos with reviews though rather than just worded replies.

IISNAFUII

Chassis Packer
Apr 13, 2020
A follow up as I was able to get replies from the sellers if anyone else looks at one for the future.

Formula X1 can have top hat for both top and bottom.

Only Kev Case V1.1 in production, top hat only for the top.

Reactions: thelaughingman