Other What's on Taobao

crosshash

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 23, 2020

Looks like another adequate NCASE clone.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Thanks for your help. Is it possible the PSU is fake/clone one ?
Unlikely. I say, 99.9% impossible.
But, if you do not reside in China, you need to find out the warranty terms of Corsair PSU to see how they handle it in your local region. Frankly, I do not think losing the 7-year warranty is justified. However, by all means if possible, order the custom cables though as they should give optimal lengths for this case.

Last edited:

takatakatakatak

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 5, 2020
Beware buying on TaoBao yourself without an agent.

I managed to navigate the purchase process using google translate and ordered the Aklla A4 case. In order to pay via alipay and get in touch with the seller you are required to install some software that is 100% in Chinese and can't be translated...you've no idea what you are agreeing to but it is easy enough to get installed.

I left this software installed for a week because I've still got no ship date, so wanted to contact the seller. I'm sure it will come eventually but I understand that I will have some extra work to do to pay onwards shipping out of China.

Anyway, long story short - the software required for communication also puts alibaba pc safe and a bunch of other garbage on your system that will sit there and eat 6gb+ of ram at all times, and is not visible in the task manager. In order for this to be the case, it must have been installed as a system component.

There was no difficulty removing it all via windows 10 add/remove software after sorting by install date but the behaviour of these applications is shady as hell. What is it doing with all of those system resources? There's every possibility that it includes some sort of miner or other malware because I can't see any reason a chat app needs 6gb of ram from boot time.

I will be pretty hesitant to go through all this again, but I am simultaneously pretty excited to put something the size of a Ghost S1 with top hat together that can accept a 280mm radiator.

dotch

Caliper Novice
Mar 25, 2017
Beware buying on TaoBao yourself without an agent.

I managed to navigate the purchase process using google translate and ordered the Aklla A4 case. In order to pay via alipay and get in touch with the seller you are required to install some software that is 100% in Chinese and can't be translated...you've no idea what you are agreeing to but it is easy enough to get installed.

I left this software installed for a week because I've still got no ship date, so wanted to contact the seller. I'm sure it will come eventually but I understand that I will have some extra work to do to pay onwards shipping out of China.

Anyway, long story short - the software required for communication also puts alibaba pc safe and a bunch of other garbage on your system that will sit there and eat 6gb+ of ram at all times, and is not visible in the task manager. In order for this to be the case, it must have been installed as a system component.

There was no difficulty removing it all via windows 10 add/remove software after sorting by install date but the behaviour of these applications is shady as hell. What is it doing with all of those system resources? There's every possibility that it includes some sort of miner or other malware because I can't see any reason a chat app needs 6gb of ram from boot time.

I will be pretty hesitant to go through all this again, but I am simultaneously pretty excited to put something the size of a Ghost S1 with top hat together that can accept a 280mm radiator.

I recommend using a virtual machine the next time.
You can use the free virtualbox software + a free Windows VM from developer.microsoft.com for this.
This way the software is completely sandboxed and your regular operating system/data is not at risk.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I recommend, if anyone does not speak Chinese, just use an agent to buy from Taobao.

Actually, it is not about Taobao or Chinese, just do not install any software (or buying from a site without help) of a language unknown to you, may it be Chinese, Japanese, German or Farsi.
BTW, AliWangWang (the chat software most often used to communicate with a seller) is only about 6MB which you can download from Microsoft Store. But again, it is mostly in Chinese only.

dzungitx

Caliper Novice
Sep 16, 2019
AliWangWang is only software you need to chat with seller. It's all Chinese but you can use Google Translate on mobile to scan and translate; OR use Textify, it can extract text from box,menu,..etc and translate. Ez.

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019

Finally received my case. Its the Seven M1 (12.8L) from below

Reactions: dealda

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018

Looks sick!

Reactions: prayogahs

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Where can I find this case? I just saw it on chiphell.

Anyone knows where to find those yellow flat head screws that this case is using? Perhaps they can be found on Taobao?

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Anyone knows where to find those yellow flat head screws that this case is using? Perhaps they can be found on Taobao?
you can search for "yfs" or "fang sheng" screws and should be able to find them quickly. here is the ebay seller i use to get them. the shipping takes a while, but the price is really good. they also carry many sizes.

mr.squishy

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2019
Probably a stretch, but forever ago I swear I saw a dual atx system case someone linked early in the thread for fun, now I'm interested and can't find it (of course). I remember it being in a "V" formation if that helps.

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019

Finished build. Sorry for the bad photo though EDIT: and bad cable management..