Other What's on Taobao

Fueled By Yams

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020

Hey guys,

I currently have this case in my cart on superbuy. I really want it, but I haven't been able to find anyone who actually has a case from this company. Has anyone ever seen/used a WDEAN DORA case? Is it actually going to arrive?

The layout is so cool... tophat allows for a 120mm AIO so you can liquid cool the GPU, 65mm CPU clearance, SFX PSUs, 6.8 liters in a neat form factor... it's awesome. I just want to make sure it's a reputable company and I'll get what I paid for.

Reactions: aggressivehog

DKsystem

Average Stuffer
Sep 13, 2016

Hey guys,

I currently have this case in my cart on superbuy. I really want it, but I haven't been able to find anyone who actually has a case from this company. Has anyone ever seen/used a WDEAN DORA case? Is it actually going to arrive?

The layout is so cool... tophat allows for a 120mm AIO so you can liquid cool the GPU, 65mm CPU clearance, SFX PSUs, 6.8 liters in a neat form factor... it's awesome. I just want to make sure it's a reputable company and I'll get what I paid for.
This might help...
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av80254113

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av71533169

Reactions: Fueled By Yams

shensmobile

Cable Smoosher
Oct 9, 2019
Does anyone have any experience with the WDean Dora R1S? I’m interested in a Ghost clone that’s a bit wider (have a big Shuriken 3 I really want to use) and the Dora R1S looks like a good fit with medium and small top hat options. Does anyone have any experience with the quality? And does it come with the riser or do I have to buy that separately?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Does anyone have any experience with the WDean Dora R1S? I’m interested in a Ghost clone that’s a bit wider (have a big Shuriken 3 I really want to use) and the Dora R1S looks like a good fit with medium and small top hat options. Does anyone have any experience with the quality? And does it come with the riser or do I have to buy that separately?
I have no experience to say something about the quality.
But from this ''accessories included'' list in the product page, it does not include the display card riser cable.
So, you have to buy it separately.
But, the seller's page lists such a riser cable for separate purchase.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Perhaps consider the Nouvolo steck? It doesn't have medium/small top hats, but it supports 70mm CPU cooler. (Granted, if they ship to your country)

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
Does that mean the tophat is attached by magnets to the main case, not screws?? How is it even possible?
Also, with Ghost there is a problem that you can't secure the top grill to a tophat, because there are no screw holes, like on the main body of the case (not sure why they did it this way but sucks because magnets are not good enough for security reasons for instance. Does X1 have the same issue?
Yes. As per the original design there are magnets in the top hat on the corners, and magnets at the top of the case.

I don't think security of one's computer would be a significant consideration for this particular type of case...

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
SGPC's K99 is sandwich style and has supports for two top fans, although it's a bit taller since that space is meant for AIOs. You can order an aluminium side panel to replace the acrylic. And SGPC sells their own carry bags as well.
Kyle's Studio has the X1M, which is sandwich layout, has decent CPU clearance and supports two slim fans on top, and one full size fan at the bottom
Aside from SGPC's carry bags, there's a few others out there, no idea where to get custom stuff though:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=613103295159
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=610864218598

Although I do want to mention that SFF cases tend to be very easy to dust as usually you can access everything with the removal of 4 screws
Also add Seven FL-A4, small BS2, Metalfish G5 Plus, CEMO A4SFX

Reactions: NinoPecorino

shensmobile

Cable Smoosher
Oct 9, 2019
Perhaps consider the Nouvolo steck? It doesn't have medium/small top hats, but it supports 70mm CPU cooler. (Granted, if they ship to your country)
I previously owned a Steck, its build quality was sub-par and while it does support 70mm coolers, I think the added room from small/med top hats really improve its performance by quite a bit. If I had to go back to a Steck, I wouldn't complain, but I'd like something a bit better built.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
What is this case called?
Reminds me of the metalfish case, but it has more of the new Mac pro instead of the older version. :)

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
What is this case called?
Reminds me of the metalfish case, but it has more of the new Mac pro instead of the older version. :)

Should be ZZAW B2. They also have B1 which is more standard looking. To be honest I think the B2 looks ugly haha.
ZZAW B2
ZZAW B1

crosshash

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 23, 2020
Have this been posted?

fu致这行话€JaJY15aFbKx€转移至?淘宀┡ē?【matx机箱 艾罗拉M40迷你全铝机箱matx 小机箱侧透电脑 itx机箱】;https://m.tb.cn/h.VdKD3p5?sm=6e756e

It has space for bottom two Fans.

The cooler height is 120 but some say 130. 120 would fit a Noctua C14S.

One buyer even taped a slim fan on the top of the case.

It's similar but not quite ncase M1. But it's much much much cheaper.

This case looks fantastic; has no one ordered it? Closest I've seen to an M1 clone.

crosshash

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 23, 2020
This case looks fantastic; has no one ordered it? Closest I've seen to an M1 clone.

Sorry, I think I mean this one:

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Sorry, I think I mean this one:

I ordered the 12.8L version back in late Jan before the pandemic outbreak and they say it will be delivered soon at the end of March so will look forward to it

heraldo_jones

Efficiency Noob
Feb 23, 2020
OMG this thread is pure gold, hahahaha. A little bit of help with this case:

Checking through the SuperBuy website, there is an option called 'B2plus (pre-sale) water cooling' ... it means is just the case alone (which is what I want) or what? Is 'pre-sale' because it is still not available or some kind of 'pre-order'? Thanks in advance :)