Other What's on Taobao

florrari44

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 7, 2019
Hi guys !

Did some of you ordered this case from Taobao ?
If yes, did you also ordered the tophat ? There are no reviews or pictures of it so I am hesitating to buy it ?

Thanks ! ?

Vonwilbur

Chassis Packer
Oct 20, 2017
Not sure if anyone is following as closely as I am, but the seller of the ZS-A4 V2 listed a new color for the case (space gray.) They haven't posted any pictures of the new color but I assume they will be coming soon. The link for the case is here if anyone is interested.

I like to think that it's now an option because I custom ordered the case in that color at the end of November lol.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
If you use Google chrome, it has a way to translate the page to English. (However Pictures will still be in Chinese because it only identifies text, not images of text.... Hope that makes sense it's not really clear sorry! ?)

Reactions: Marzipan

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
If you use Google chrome, it has a way to translate the page to English. (However Pictures will still be in Chinese because it only identifies text, not images of text.... Hope that makes sense it's not really clear sorry! ?)
Should be possible to translate images using Google Lens or whatever it's called, I think. Just point your phone camera at the image.

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019
ahhh...yes, does better in Chrome. is there any way to avoid having to login when you do a search? doesn't translate the pop up box so no idea what to click to bypass if you can. :p

I'm looking for inspiration...but I'm curious to find out more about the ITX chassis on there that looks like older Mac Pro towers.

ababa

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2019
Trust me, Google translates chinese to english much better than any other foreign language
It doesnt make any sense in other translated language
I use Google translation through iPhone camera, they can translate pretty much anything

Reactions: Marzipan

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
ahhh...yes, does better in Chrome. is there any way to avoid having to login when you do a search? doesn't translate the pop up box so no idea what to click to bypass if you can. :p

I'm looking for inspiration...but I'm curious to find out more about the ITX chassis on there that looks like older Mac Pro towers.
One that comes to mind is the metalfish g5.

There is one on aliexpress too, (might even be the same case) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000509522973.html
It's 85usd (no pcie riser included though).

As far as taobao goes, I created a profile for ease of traversing the site.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I suggest the ultimate: learn Chinese.?
Frankly, for your situation, it is not very hard.

First off, you do not need to learn to listen, to speak or to write. Just to read. This means, just recognizing the characters.

There are, say, 3000 common characters, which one uses on a daily basis. But, for your case, you are not going to read a newspaper or chatting with someone. This means, you only need to know the characters which appear on TB pages of ITX stuff. This specific context limits the number of characters, which usually form the description and specification of a case. I say, the number of characters is about a few hundred.

So, if you are in for the long haul, memorizing 500 characters maybe a goal for your 2020?㊗????

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Haven't seen it posted here but the m69 is pretty slick. ~5L.

Saw it posted here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/m69-4l-build-housing-1080-ti.12040/

I ordered one a couple days ago after I saw the above post. It's similar to a k39/velka 3 but it allows for zotac mini gpu's. For the case+PSU+riser + shipping to US it's about 130-140. Solid contender to the s4 mini (in terms of components/size/price). Although the s4 mini will almost definitely be better in terms of build quality.

ababa

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2019
Did you already ship to US?
It looks like PSU is considered as restricted product for listed reasons from this warning
If you did not ship yet, you should ask Superbuy online support
Some freight carrier companies just refuse to ship them

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Ordering a PSU from TaoBao through Superbuy. Shipping to the US. Greeted with this warning, does anyone here have experience with this?
Is that warning from Taobao or Superbuy? It's probably some sort of translation error, as it says "power bank", which is something entirely different from a PSU. Power banks are restricted from air freight due to containing highly flammable li-ion batteries, of which there are none in a PSU. You should be fine as long as nobody in the reshipping warehouse is dumb enough to stick a "warning, contains li-ion batteries" sticker on the package or labels it as "power bank" rather than "power supply".

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I got a similar warning. Any advice would be helpful.

I ordered the m69 but got this message from superbuy

• Hello friend, sorry, after verification by logistics, if the product is not a brand, you can send it through DHL, but you need to have customs clearance.And you ordered are restricted by the customs of the destination country. There is a possibility that the parcel will be confiscated, returned, taxed, inspected, or destroyed by the customs. After the parcel arrives at the destination country, the recipient needs to clear the customs according to the customs policy. The actual shipping time will also follow the customs policy. If you understand and accept the risks, please reply to this message and we will process the order as soon as possible. Please respond to this message within 72 hours or we will refund you the order.

I'm in the usa if that matters. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?

ababa

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2019
I think its because of usa shipping restrictions
I didnt get that message for shipping within EU
You should contact online chat support (i got pretty clear responses from them)
Dont go through DHL, you will be taxed
They got Superbuy Free Tax Lines (they will refund you if you get taxed)
But anyway better for you to contact online chat support before doing anything

Pingypoker

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 23, 2017
Is that warning from Taobao or Superbuy? It's probably some sort of translation error, as it says "power bank", which is something entirely different from a PSU. Power banks are restricted from air freight due to containing highly flammable li-ion batteries, of which there are none in a PSU. You should be fine as long as nobody in the reshipping warehouse is dumb enough to stick a "warning, contains li-ion batteries" sticker on the package or labels it as "power bank" rather than "power supply".

From Superbuy. I was thinking the same thing about it being mislabeled as a power bank.

I got a similar warning. Any advice would be helpful.

I ordered the m69 but got this message from superbuy

I'm in the usa if that matters. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?

I got a similar message.

• The products you ordered are restricted by the customs of the destination country. There is a possibility that the parcel will be confiscated, returned, taxed, inspected, or destroyed by the customs. After the parcel arrives at the destination country, the recipient needs to clear the customs according to the customs policy. The actual shipping time will also follow the customs policy. If you understand and accept the risks, please reply to this message and we will process the order as soon as possible. Please respond to this message within 72 hours or we will refund you the order. If you still wish to order the product, please resubmit the order and leave a remark. Thank you!

I think its because of usa shipping restrictions
I didnt get that message for shipping within EU
You should contact online chat support (i got pretty clear responses from them)
Dont go through DHL, you will be taxed
They got Superbuy Free Tax Lines (they will refund you if you get taxed)
But anyway better for you to contact online chat support before doing anything

Contacting support seems like the right thing to do. I will do that!