Other What's on Taobao

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Another round of Taobao searching.

Some people have been taking this dan a4 style and shrinking even more. Geeklab had a listing previously. Here's another one; max GPU length of 269mm for the reference cards, max CPU cooler height of one Noctua l9i (39mm), and uses a 1U psu - all in 5.5 litres.

Little is described about these cases. The pictures seem to range from itx to matx, and other than those pictures, the only information I got from reviews is that it is fast to produce.

Cases with handles always stick out to me as practical. Jonsbo has some interesting practical cases.

Not really a case, but thought it was interesting that this handle and stand was very creative. I would even go so far as to say that stand is very static and grounded.

Reactions: InfernoZeus

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Pretty interesting case, if you want slightly longer gpu than in <4L ones with the same layout.
Bought the case and it arrived last weekend, I got an issue with trigger finger.. Used it for about a week now and the build quality is quite nice and sturdy as the Aluminium is quite thick. Much better quality and very easy build compared to my Metalfish S3. It does support 2x9015mm slim fans and my Zotac GTX 1070 Ti Mini fits snugly inside. I am surprised it also supports 2x2.5" drives. Need to bought a separate riser so I bought a second riser from Metalfish S3. It uses flathead screws all over but they also provided the screwdriver so at least you don't need to buy one. The issue now is my Zotac GTX 1070 Ti fans is quite noisy due to turbulence but thats another story..

EDIT: Also surprised that the power button is now in front, which a good thing.

Reactions: smitty2k1

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Bought the case and it arrived last weekend, I got an issue with trigger finger.. Used it for about a week now and the build quality is quite nice and sturdy as the Aluminium is quite thick. Much better quality and very easy build compared to my Metalfish S3. It does support 2x9015mm slim fans and my Zotac GTX 1070 Ti Mini fits snugly inside. I am surprised it also supports 2x2.5" drives. Need to bought a separate riser so I bought a second riser from Metalfish S3. It uses flathead screws all over but they also provided the screwdriver so at least you don't need to buy one. The issue now is my Zotac GTX 1070 Ti fans is quite noisy due to turbulence but thats another story..

EDIT: Also surprised that the power button is now in front, which a good thing.
Really great to hear - show some pictures of your build too :)

Reactions: prayogahs

DoraS1

Minimal Tinkerer
May 17, 2019
[QUOTE =“tinyitx,帖子:147722,成员:5836”]
它说这款Dora D1S具有“改进的细节”和“做工”。更多信息?
[/引用]
不,我们是原始的绘图处理

不,我们是原始的绘图处理

DoraS1

Minimal Tinkerer
May 17, 2019
[QUOTE =“Greyvest,帖子:147749,成员:2866”]
链接中的反馈图片看起来不太好,特别是当价格与真实幽灵s1相同时
[/引用]
我们下一批200个单位将找到一个更好的工厂来重新制定GhostS1

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Really great to hear - show some pictures of your build too :)

Really nice case. I don't have any use for one (nor a PSU that would fit!), but I'm itching to buy it anyhow. I guess I should be glad there isn't a gunmetal or dark gray version, as that would have me sold in a heartbeat.

Pics as requested :)

I chose silver and it came out gunmetal/dark gray

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I put a box underneath, and temps are definitely better. Thank you for the tip.

I was curious if you've seen any M-ATX case that is under 13L? I was definitely looking at the C24, but saw that it was "limited" (部分 ?) M-ATX support for 225 mm x 175 mm.
Standard M-ATX size is 244x244. So, it does not support this size but only up to 225x175. That is why it states ''limited support''.

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
From occasionally reading this thread I've gathered that there are tons of great-looking SFF cases available on Taobao, but getting any kind of overview of what's available in a given form factor or based on other criteria is a serious challenge. Given all the amazing information in this thread, would it be feasible to gather this into some sort of periodically updated "master post" listing cases with brief descriptions and/or images? I get that this would often include dead links as they change over time, but it would at least help in terms of making it easier to know what you need to search for. A post listing "Name of case X" and a link is helpful only as long as the link is available, while a post listing for example "Name of case X, [motherboard]+[PSU]+[GPU(no/short/long/multiple?)]+[form factor (sandwitch, M1-style, etc)]" with a link would be valuable far beyond the death of the link. I get that it might come off as if I'm asking people to do a lot of work here, which isn't my intention - I find looking into these cases as fun and rewarding as anyone - but the current form of this thread is only mildly useful, and I find it quite frustrating to see people gushing over a case ten pages back that I can't see as the link is dead. And googling every single case name just to see if it's even the right form factor gets old pretty quick, after all.

There's a thread on Chiphell (basically the chinese version of [H]) where a bunch of taobao cases are categorized:

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
Also would like to add some new cases from a maker (Ultra Civiliz) that I don't think has been posted here before:

M1: An NCase M1 clone, with the unique feature of allowing up to 14 2.5" drives if you use a short GPU:

A4-X: A modular open air sandwich case:

A4F: A Dan Case clone with front IO, support for 3 2.5" drives, and room for 2 slim 92mm fans on the bottom and 2 slim 120mm fans on top:

A4F-PY: The same as A4F, but with 76mm CPU height clearance instead of 68mm:

A4F-XL: The same as A4F, but with support for 4 120X120X25mm fans:

and then the one I'm most interested in -
A4S: The same as A4F, but with support for 240mm AIO:

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
【【SGPC】k77全铝非A4迷你2080Ti独显卡游戏电脑主机mini小机箱】https://m.tb.cn/h.edCZecA?sm=ea4485

A cheaper and smaller Ncase substitute. +Screwless design
Nice!
I have 1 question. It says the PSU's fan faces the front panel and I see only, maybe, 10mm gap there. I wonder if the airflow into the PSU is impeded?
Other than this, I love this case and it now goes into the list as a candidate for a next build.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
T12 vertical/horizontal

I'm not a big fan of vertical cases, but I know there are many that are. This is an interesting case though, I like the adjustments for video card height and thickness. Price wise it is a steal.

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
I'm not a big fan of vertical cases, but I know there are many that are. This is an interesting case though, I like the adjustments for video card height and thickness. Price wise it is a steal.
There's a tempered glass version of it here, but the big problem I see with it is the vent design; those holes don't look like anywhere near dense enough to provide good airflow unfortunately. It's shame because this the same designer behind the C24/C26 case, which in terms of design and functionally are very elegant.