Other What's on Taobao

Skinz

Caliper Novice
Aug 19, 2018
The 3.9L case I'm building in will not have any front IO. And this is okay since I don't really populate all the USB slots but I also realise it won't have a 3.5mm audio jack.

I just got the k49 and I'm loving it. With how small it is, plugging my headphones in at the back is barely an issue. The only tricky thing is actually plugging it in, but the case is so easy to just turn around or move about as needed. Maybe get the case first and then decide?

marui98

Cable Smoosher
Dec 3, 2018
I just got the k49 and I'm loving it. With how small it is, plugging my headphones in at the back is barely an issue. The only tricky thing is actually plugging it in, but the case is so easy to just turn around or move about as needed. Maybe get the case first and then decide?

Yo dude. So after searching around the internet I realised I'm a complete fucking idiot. I honestly, all these years, thought that the audio connectors at the back IO were like 7.1 channel adapters and would only work with like a multi channel sound system. I honestly did not ever use them and did not know that one of them was audio out and worked as a normal 3.5mm jack. Wow. I'm actually so disappointed with myself right now lol

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Yo dude. So after searching around the internet I realised I'm a complete fucking idiot. I honestly, all these years, thought that the audio connectors at the back IO were like 7.1 channel adapters and would only work with like a multi channel sound system. I honestly did not ever use them and did not know that one of them was audio out and worked as a normal 3.5mm jack. Wow. I'm actually so disappointed with myself right now lol

I was going to post to say just use the rear audio but figured you were using it for speakers, don't feel bad you learned something today.

Skinz

Caliper Novice
Aug 19, 2018

It did make me laugh. Don't worry, I have made foolish mistakes in all my time building pcs. At least now you know you're fine without the front IO!

Zagash

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 18, 2018
Hey! Created an account here and was hoping you could clear some of the doubts I have. I will be using Superbuy as an agent

- How noisy are Flex PSUs? I considered getting a K39 for portability, but people compared the sound of these PSUs to jet engines. Even though I don't care about ultra silent builds (the sound my CX430 makes is absolutely fine), I don't want to have a jet engine noise next to me.

- How reliable are they? I don't want to fry my system, but there is not much to choose in terms of 1u PSUs.

- Does anyone here live in Europe and know the shipping costs? I tried to calculate the shipping cost of a K39 + riser + 450w PSU, but there is a lot of info I can't fill because I have no idea. I am on a budget, so I really have to plan ahead

- Is there any way to put 2 2.5" drives in a K39?

- I considered buying a Geeek A50 aswell because SFX PSUs are much easier to buy, the case supports my 2.5" drives, it's beautiful and portable enough, and might be cheaper. Is it cheaper to buy the case there, or through the geeek store (the case itself would cost me 108$ without paying customs)?

Thanks for your attention!

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017
- Does anyone here live in Europe and know the shipping costs? I tried to calculate the shipping cost of a K39 + riser + 450w PSU, but there is a lot of info I can't fill because I have no idea. I am on a budget, so I really have to plan ahead

Can't answer your other questions, but I might be able to help with this. I've got a ZS-A4M sat at Superbuy's warehouse (waiting to choose a Flex PSU, with similar questions to yourself). That's very similar in size/weight to the K39, so should be representative. Note, this is without the Flex PSU at the moment. Here's the screenshot of the available options for me, shipping to Belgium:

Reactions: Phuncz and Zagash

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy that A320 thin-ITX motherboard for Ryzen. On Superbuy it should be easy enough. According to r/MechanicalKeyboards they'll first ship it to a Chinese warehouse and once there, you can look at inspection pics of your products and choose your international shipping method.

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
Hey! Created an account here and was hoping you could clear some of the doubts I have. I will be using Superbuy as an agent

- How noisy are Flex PSUs? I considered getting a K39 for portability, but people compared the sound of these PSUs to jet engines. Even though I don't care about ultra silent builds (the sound my CX430 makes is absolutely fine), I don't want to have a jet engine noise next to me.

- How reliable are they? I don't want to fry my system, but there is not much to choose in terms of 1u PSUs.

- Is there any way to put 2 2.5" drives in a K39?

- I considered buying a Geeek A50 aswell because SFX PSUs are much easier to buy, the case supports my 2.5" drives, it's beautiful and portable enough, and might be cheaper. Is it cheaper to buy the case there, or through the geeek store (the case itself would cost me 108$ without paying customs)?

Thanks for your attention!

Welcome to buying from Taobao / Superbuy!

- I got mine changed to a Noctua fan, one of the other builders on this forum said it was not a good idea since it sucks less air in than that stock fans. Someone on Reddit did a great comparison between some other fans (https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/a47n7m/swapped_the_fan_on_my_flex_power_supply/)

- No idea,haven't fied mine up

- No idea about shipping to EU

- Doubt so, you may be able to on the slightly larger K49 by sliding it on top of the PSU but I doubt the K39 has the clearance to do that. Maybe if you had custom cables you can slide 1 more to the front of the case and stuff the wires in front of it.

Reactions: Zagash

PhiBeR

Cable Smoosher
Dec 30, 2018
Hi Guys! Just signed-up to chime in here. I got 4L my build from Taobao:

Got my case from here: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.2f152e8dxlfLy9&id=566663986873&_u=ucdc0ghea46

https://photos.app.******/zqU3ZS1BgL58RZYd6

I shifted my 5yr old rig from a Lian-Li Q11 to this tiny cutie 2 months ago.
Specs:
i5-4670 in a GB H87N-Wifi, 16GB Gskill Ripjaws DDR3. 250GB 850 Evo.
vcore: offset -0.01v
GPU: pic shows a Zotac 1060 itx, have since swapped it out for a MSI 1070 Aero ITX.
Cooler: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.2f152e8dxlfLy9&id=42005599139&_u=ucdc0gh003b
Cooler fan: Changed to ID-cooling 9015 fan which is way quieter and better.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.2f152e8dZtYjjb&id=571336596033&_u=ucdc0gh1d9c
PSU: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.2f152e8dZtYjjb&id=571336596033&_u=ucdc0gh1d9c
PSU is a Delta 1U flex 400w with fan mod to Noctua 40mm.

idles around 50c and max around 80c when i play Fortnite.
I had to undervolt else idle is around 55c..

the cooler is okayish, i am going to build a new rig within the next 2 months.
Am in the midst of customizing another 4.x L case from another shop.

Placed an order and now trying to design the vents:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.2f152e8dZtYjjb&id=568711337867&_u=ucdc0ghbb62

Also, trying to figure out which cooler will be good for a i7-8700 build in that case.
Am leaning towards a T318 with a noctua n9x14.
PSU will be a Enhance Flex 600W ENP-7660B.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Hi Guys! Just signed-up to chime in here. I got 4L my build from Taobao:

Got my case from here: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.2f152e8dxlfLy9&id=566663986873&_u=ucdc0ghea46

https://photos.app.******/zqU3ZS1BgL58RZYd6

I shifted my 5yr old rig from a Lian-Li Q11 to this tiny cutie 2 months ago.
Specs:
i5-4670 in a GB H87N-Wifi, 16GB Gskill Ripjaws DDR3. 250GB 850 Evo.
vcore: offset -0.01v
GPU: pic shows a Zotac 1060 itx, have since swapped it out for a MSI 1070 Aero ITX.
Cooler: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.2f152e8dxlfLy9&id=42005599139&_u=ucdc0gh003b
Cooler fan: Changed to ID-cooling 9015 fan which is way quieter and better.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.2f152e8dZtYjjb&id=571336596033&_u=ucdc0gh1d9c
PSU: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.2f152e8dZtYjjb&id=571336596033&_u=ucdc0gh1d9c
PSU is a Delta 1U flex 400w with fan mod to Noctua 40mm.

idles around 50c and max around 80c when i play Fortnite.
I had to undervolt else idle is around 55c..

the cooler is okayish, i am going to build a new rig within the next 2 months.
Am in the midst of customizing another 4.x L case from another shop.

Placed an order and now trying to design the vents:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.2f152e8dZtYjjb&id=568711337867&_u=ucdc0ghbb62

Also, trying to figure out which cooler will be good for a i7-8700 build in that case.
Am leaning towards a T318 with a noctua n9x14.
PSU will be a Enhance Flex 600W ENP-7660B.

Interesting. When you say idles around 50C, is that the CPU or GPU temp? Can you specify the other (be it CPU or GPU) temp? Also, what is your ambient temperature? (I assume you live in tropical region but I might be wrong)

Was about to ask the noise, but just realized that it's modified with Noctua. Did you replace the PSU fan yourself? Or you asked them to do it for you?

PhiBeR

Cable Smoosher
Dec 30, 2018
Interesting. When you say idles around 50C, is that the CPU or GPU temp? Can you specify the other (be it CPU or GPU) temp? Also, what is your ambient temperature? (I assume you live in tropical region but I might be wrong)

Was about to ask the noise, but just realized that it's modified with Noctua. Did you replace the PSU fan yourself? Or you asked them to do it for you?

Yes, i am from South-east asia, my ambient temps are 30ish celsius in the day and high 20s at night.. :(

my temps are for CPU, i seriously, really don't game, my fortnite was meant for testing the GPU.. lol
The casing does not have really good airflow (No shit..), but it's good enough if you have a decent CPU cooler.
That is why i am building a new system with a case that have top/front fans and giving this to my wife.. wonderful excuse for a new build! :p

The cooler i'm using blows air out of the heatsink (out of the case too), so that's okayish i guess.

i paid extra 100RMB to get the seller of the delta PSU to swap the noctua fan into the PSU.
But there was an issue, they attached the fan to the 5V rail and it won't start like 70% of the time and the PSU will power down for protection.
They claimed it was done to reduce noise.

I hate to re-attach the fan to the 12v rail and it works perfectly now.

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
i paid extra 100RMB to get the seller of the delta PSU to swap the noctua fan into the PSU.
But there was an issue, they attached the fan to the 5V rail and it won't start like 70% of the time and the PSU will power down for protection.
They claimed it was done to reduce noise.

I hate to re-attach the fan to the 12v rail and it works perfectly now.

As someone new to SFF and PC building, can you explain how you did this to me?

I got the same PSU as you did, swapped out the stock fan to the Noctua one too.

PhiBeR

Cable Smoosher
Dec 30, 2018
As someone new to SFF and PC building, can you explain how you did this to me?

I got the same PSU as you did, swapped out the stock fan to the Noctua one too.

The +V line of the noctua fan was originally tied to the +5V line on the PSU.
Just cut it and solder it to the any of the +12v supply line on the PSU.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
The +V line of the noctua fan was originally tied to the +5V line on the PSU.
Just cut it and solder it to the any of the +12v supply line on the PSU.
i got my PSU from the same seller, hope they didn't do the same. The steps sound easy enough but I don't have a soldering iron handy. If you're in +65 would you mind if we met up and I borrowed your soldering iron? LOL (seriously help I've never used a soldering iron before).

Also, how is the noise with the Noctua fan mod?

PhiBeR

Cable Smoosher
Dec 30, 2018
i got my PSU from the same seller, hope they didn't do the same. The steps sound easy enough but I don't have a soldering iron handy. If you're in +65 would you mind if we met up and I borrowed your soldering iron? LOL (seriously help I've never used a soldering iron before).

Also, how is the noise with the Noctua fan mod?

LOL, how did you know i'm +65? I got my friend to do it for me too, as i just moved house and i have no soldering iron.
You will know when you see your fan not turning sometimes when you turn on the CPU.