Other What's on Taobao

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
It's not ideal, but if you flip the fan on the cpu cooler you might even see an improvement over something like a dancase
So flip it such that the fan opening is pointing down towards the CPU fan? And have the front case fan exhaust the hot air out?

I've read that the SG13 which only has 1 case fan works best with an AIO cooler + fan. Is this true? Or can you get away with a regular fan?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I've just come across this interesting non-standard 200w AC-DC Internal PSU that looks like a replacement part. I don't know the efficiency specs. Has anybody tried it?

Dimensions are 170mm L x 55mm W x 40mm H

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...OOjbMx&id=535346483541&ns=1&abbucket=1#detail

It opens up quite a lot of possibilities for non-electrical modding.

CMIIW, that looks like In-Win Chopin's PSU.

In fact Gamemax (the brand of that PSU) does sell a case which looks quite similar to the Chopin:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...571&pvid=21ed206a-8f0d-4e81-8ef9-6fc0c1a84e76

So yeah maybe..

Edit: and in the case of Chopin PSU, no they're not standard. Long ago I inquired In Win about this. You can also see the spec in their website.

yensteel

Caliper Novice
Aug 10, 2017
CMIIW, that looks like In-Win Chopin's PSU.

In fact Gamemax (the brand of that PSU) does sell a case which looks quite similar to the Chopin:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...571&pvid=21ed206a-8f0d-4e81-8ef9-6fc0c1a84e76

So yeah maybe..

Edit: and in the case of Chopin PSU, no they're not standard. Long ago I inquired In Win about this. You can also see the spec in their website.

Makes a lot of sense. It's nice to know that the Inwin Chopin uses the same PSU.

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
Did anyone buy this case? It is bigger than a K49, but offers native support to more than one 2.5" drives, and that would interest me.

https://m.superbuy.com/en/goodsdetail/?url=http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=583754869096

Or should I stick with K49 for two 2.5" and just tape the SSD with velcro? There seems to be some space above the GPU (seen in the video: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av35512038/?redirectFrom=h5 )

Hmmm first time I'm coming across this case, pretty interesting that they managed to cram a AIO cooler in there.
As for the 2nd HDD I used double sided tap to attach it to the front panel of the case. The cables were are tricky to work with since they are flat and rigid. I suppose there is space on top of the GPU but I got 2 case fans at the top of my case (ZS-A4M).

Greyvest

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2017
If you guys are looking for a flex psu build then I have to warn you not to buy any Delta Flex PSU because almost all of them have been used on servers for over 3years and the taobao sellers just refurbished a bit and tell you it's 99% new. The only recommendation is to buy a brandnew Enhance 7140b/7145b/7660b.

joerg83

Chassis Packer
Feb 20, 2019
Really diggin that K99. Dan a4 clone with 9.9l volume, aluminium alloy + 3mm tempered glass. Will fit a 240mm radiator, sfx power supply and 305mm graphics cards. I ordered it yesterday with a pcie riser for 400 yuan excluding shipping costs. Now im keeping my fingers crossed that the glass panels will survive their way to Austria.

There is also a new K35 case on its way (Shipping should start at end of march). Its basically a shrunken down version of the k39 (3.5l instead of 3.9l) and will be replacing it. Ventelation looks especially good on that prototype. It looked really promising but with the stiff cooler limitation (30mm) and the questionable origin of the flex psus i shyed away from it. He is asking 200 yuan for both the case + pcie riser.

Reactions: caniplaymayo

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
If you guys are looking for a flex psu build then I have to warn you not to buy any Delta Flex PSU because almost all of them have been used on servers for over 3years and the taobao sellers just refurbished a bit and tell you it's 99% new. The only recommendation is to buy a brandnew Enhance 7140b/7145b/7660b.
Got a link? I recently had to RMA my "new" Delta Flex PSU with Noctua fan mod, the shipping back to China was like $15 USD.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Not sure if it has the wattage you guys need, but IIRC, FSP should be a good PSU brand as well.

caniplaymayo

Chassis Packer
Mar 28, 2018
There is also a new K35 case on its way (Shipping should start at end of march). Its basically a shrunken down version of the k39 (3.5l instead of 3.9l) and will be replacing it. Ventelation looks especially good on that prototype. It looked really promising but with the stiff cooler limitation (30mm) and the questionable origin of the flex psus i shyed away from it. He is asking 200 yuan for both the case + pcie riser.

Would that require VLP ram? It looks like corsair LPX is 31 mm but it looks like the heatsink extends a little bit past the PCB. That's an insanely good price, I almost regret just ordering a k39 clone.

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
Would that require VLP ram? It looks like corsair LPX is 31 mm but it looks like the heatsink extends a little bit past the PCB. That's an insanely good price, I almost regret just ordering a k39 clone.

I'm all for having smaller cases but at this point it just looks like a test bench, metal surrounding the parts. Cable management is a tough enough in the 3.9 and 4.9L cases.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
I'm going to try and do my part in nipping this in the bud, the k39 is a clone. Likely copied from either loli or zs-a4m, who both likely copied from warhead, who probably copied from @Hahutzy's original design on this forum. Please don't call them K39 clones

Reactions: NinoPecorino

caniplaymayo

Chassis Packer
Mar 28, 2018
I'm all for having smaller cases but at this point it just looks like a test bench, metal surrounding the parts.
Personally I think that's what a lot of the small cases look like, but I like how minimalist it feels. I agree that it does feel like its going to far with reducing the already minimal clearance above the motherboard though.

I'm going to try and do my part in nipping this in the bud, the k39 is a clone. Likely copied from either loli or zs-a4m, who both likely copied from warhead, who probably copied from @Hahutzy's original design on this forum. Please don't call them K39 clones

Thanks for letting me know! Just read through some of their design thread and its too bad it stopped, hopefully they're alright.

Reactions: Damascus

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
Personally I think that's what a lot of the small cases look like, but I like how minimalist it feels. I agree that it does feel like its going to far with reducing the already minimal clearance above the motherboard though.

Thanks for letting me know! Just read through some of their design thread and its too bad it stopped, hopefully they're alright.

Small cases are great for people living with limited desk space and a tiny apartment (like myself). But you get limited by upgrade paths especially in the cooling (low profile) and GPU (short cards). It's good to see that Gigabyte, Zotac and MSI are still making powerful single fan GPUs but I wish more manufacturers would start making mini cards.

Edit: didn't know the K39 was actually a clone of the prototype work done here! You can always count on China to copy and mass manufacture any good ideas.

Greyvest

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2017
It's loli who used hutzy’s design and then flex psu build cases went popular in China. Then others like zs and k39 copied loli. Basically all these back-to-back cases are copies of Dan A4

Reactions: Damascus

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
It's loli who used hutzy’s design and then flex psu build cases went popular in China. Then others like zs and k39 copied loli. Basically all these back-to-back cases are copies of Dan A4
Thanks for the clarification, I haven't been paying attention to taobao long enough to know who came first. I think that these cases (hutzy style?) are distinct enough from dancase to get their own name though.

Reactions: caniplaymayo