Other What's on Taobao

pavel

Caliper Novice
Sep 1, 2018
145 USD, no case, no power supply, it's available on amazon and aliexpress too but more expensive (around 180 - 200)
https://world.taobao.com/item/562199114522.htm

It's still too expensive, except you're interested in this product for the DIY project, like creating:
-low profile PCI-E card dock
-1 slot PCI-E card dock
I think it's possible to break the limit of SFF graphics card dock but with internal power supply, if Aorus Gaming Box or Zotac AMP Box Mini isn't small enough for you but still want non-soldered/non-MXM dGPU.

EDIT: Just rough calculation, with 150W AC-DC adapter (71x171x40mm), LP 2 slots graphics card, the case volume just ~1.6 litres, not forgetting the room for wiring and the TB3 board

Come on China, I expect you to release an affordable Thunderbolt 3 GPU dock, like 100 USD with power supply and case.

6.5 - 35 USD, PCI-E riser with mounting, like the current trend in some ATX cases
https://world.taobao.com/item/548239737967.htm

I recently bought a $30 NVME to type-c adaptor from Orico store in Shenzhen. If chipsets are the same, the price is ought to go down.

riposte

Trash Compacter
Dec 9, 2017
I think you can use those pcie x4 to usb adapters that are made for miners to create a low budget GPU dock

Low budget eGPU is using the M.2 adapter (the best), mini PCI-E, or ExpressCard interface (both are bad)

--
I think it's too expensive, $25, but very interesting converter, perfect for Matebook / XPS 9370 / MBP owners if they only need 2 USB type A ports
https://world.taobao.com/item/557886461419.htm

Last edited:

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
Would a Galax 1070 mini be able to fit into this case?

https://world.taobao.com/item/563218619941.htm

Someone on the questions on the listing said it would be possible but based on the sellers specs it can only fit a 183mm card.

This spreadsheet lists the Galax 1070 mini as 183mm, will be a very tight squeeze but would be amazing if it could!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Would a Galax 1070 mini be able to fit into this case?

https://world.taobao.com/item/563218619941.htm

Someone on the questions on the listing said it would be possible but based on the sellers specs it can only fit a 183mm card.

This spreadsheet lists the Galax 1070 mini as 183mm, will be a very tight squeeze but would be amazing if it could!

The GPU pictured in the case looks like a XFX R7 250 which is 177mm. If that is what it is looks like it takes up pretty much all available space.

So a tight squeeze indeed.

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
The GPU pictured in the case looks like a XFX R7 250 which is 177mm. If that is what it is looks like it takes up pretty much all available space.

So a tight squeeze indeed.

Really does look like it would be impossible to comfortably fit this card in.

Guess I'll wait for another MSI Aero 1070 ITX to come up on sale.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
@rocklobster One is a cheap, nasty, unreliable in my experience unit with garish blue tape. The other looks like a Li-Heat riser and thus more reliable.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Can anyone help decipher what is the difference between the 2 PCIe Risers? The description is an image, can't paste it in Google Translate:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a21wu.10013406.0.0.14d03ef4NnEz45&id=579651581042

My line-by-line translation:-

The upgrade version has more improvements over the standard version:
-Solder-strengthened anchorage: helps preventing breaking off of solder points on both ends with design of strengthened anchorage
-Precise soldering technology: lower power wattage, more stable transfer
-Gold fingers by anti-oxidation immersion gold technology: more durable for pull out/insert cycle, more secure contact
-EMI shield: shielding effectively reduces interference, anti static
-Better compatibility: supports PCIe 3.0 x16 specification, compatible with most mainboards and graphics cards

The upgrade version of the graphics card extension cable suits for higher wattage GPUS and for power users, while the standard version can provide stable support for GTX 1060/1050Ti, RX560/570 etc graphics cards.

Reactions: InfernoZeus

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
My line-by-line translation:-

The upgrade version has more improvements over the standard version:
-Solder-strengthened anchorage: helps preventing breaking off of solder points on both ends with design of strengthened anchorage
-Precise soldering technology: lower power wattage, more stable transfer
-Gold fingers by anti-oxidation immersion gold technology: more durable for pull out/insert cycle, more secure contact
-EMI shield: shielding effectively reduces interference, anti static
-Better compatibility: supports PCIe 3.0 x16 specification, compatible with most mainboards and graphics cards

The upgrade version of the graphics card extension cable suits for higher wattage GPUS and for power users, while the standard version can provide stable support for GTX 1060/1050Ti, RX560/570 etc graphics cards.

Thanks buddy, my Chinese was only so good before I got lose in the weeds.

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
Anyone have a good recommendation for a Flex PSU from Taobao? I see lots of listing online, not sure which sellers are good.

Looking for a 400w Delta PSU, modular, hopefully with a modified fan included. Bonus if the cables are in red.

Thanks in advance!

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017
Anyone have a good recommendation for a Flex PSU from Taobao? I see lots of listing online, not sure which sellers are good.

Looking for a 400w Delta PSU, modular, hopefully with a modified fan included. Bonus if the cables are in red.

Thanks in advance!

Similar situation here. Taobao seems to be the only place to get modular Flex PSUs, but there are lots of sellers, and I don't know which to pick..

rocklobster

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 30, 2018
Not sure that will fit in the ZS-A4M unfortunately. I suspect only the ones with connectors inserted vertically will.
Based on the data sheet it looks like the PSU itself is 150mm, with the cable connector it will extend another 10mm to 160mm.

With the horizontally attached modular portion it will be around 168mm.