Other What's on Taobao

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I've seen that in person. It's mostly plastic and supposed to be Baymax from Disney's Big Hero 6. Bless Segotep and their lack of regard for copyrights...

I saw the Baymax at Computex, I was surprised they didn't have their Temple case. Seems only a few retailers carrier it too. Wish I knew the story behind it and why Segotep doesn't do more expensive stuff.

Reactions: digispa

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
One last one before August is out:

Metalfish has gone to tempered glass:

It looks like they took the Metal Solid mATX version and removed the U1 power supply and added two fans to the front. The fans are all 92mm (2 on top and 2 in front). 3 low profile slots, and its a bit wider than the Metal Solid so I assume it can get more than 60mm CPU clearance than the Metal Solid.

I'll try to order one this week, i'm not sure if it's on sale yet or maybe it just went up this week.

digispa

Cable Smoosher
Mar 5, 2017
I saw the Baymax at Computex, I was surprised they didn't have their Temple case. Seems only a few retailers carrier it too. Wish I knew the story behind it and why Segotep doesn't do more expensive stuff.
If I still had a media contact, I'd ask. And I too would like to know the story behind the Temple case.

One last one before August is out:

Metalfish has gone to tempered glass:

It looks like they took the Metal Solid mATX version and removed the U1 power supply and added two fans to the front. The fans are all 92mm (2 on top and 2 in front). 3 low profile slots, and its a bit wider than the Metal Solid so I assume it can get more than 60mm CPU clearance than the Metal Solid.

I'll try to order one this week, i'm not sure if it's on sale yet or maybe it just went up this week.

Definitely post when it arrives! I like the idea of this case, but low profile expansion slots are always a PITA to me with the lack of good GPUs that can fit.

I hope there's enough space between the glass and the frame to let adequate air in, because those panels look awfully close together...

I would guess somewhere between 65 and 75mm CPU clearance given the fan size.

wiretap

Average Stuffer
Apr 25, 2017
There's these colored screw heads that I see from time to time being used by various vendors on TaoBao, noticeable in red on the "SeaDamaged" case posted a while back. Does anyone know what they might be called and where I might find some of these screws for my own mods?
I buy all mine from here.. much better quality than the cheap Chinese fake anodizing/paint they use on some of them. Plus, from this site, you can even order titanium ^_^
https://www.probolt-usa.com/
Look for countersunk washers to match up with the countersunk bolts.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I didn't order the Metal Glass case until Sunday, but it should arrive by tomorrow. I'll post pics once it comes in. I'm planning on putting my Asrock 970M Pro3 + FX6300 system in there.

Ganelon

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2017
Haven't seen either of these posted yet; this is as close to taobao as I can get without actually learning to read Chinese:

The 1U A4 One

and the rather better ZS-A4M

I also actually tried to buy the Pulimo 115EA.... called my bank to verify and everything, only for the seller to email me and say my purchase had been cancelled because of export laws or something. I didn't try again, and I think I actually lost some money because there was an additional charge that wasn't refunded.

Would still kinda like to buy it, except for the fact that I hate the power button and it has no top ventilation.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
The Primo p115 isn't so bad. Can think of alot of ways it could be improved though.... My GTX750 ti gets to around 85C in there :(

hekk005

Case Bender
Sep 6, 2017
Its always a good idea to ask the seller if they deliver to your location before purchase. I advise finding a friend who speaks mandarin to handle this portion for you.

I also considered the primo p115 for my itx build, but the gpu would be so air-starved. Ended up ordering a customised T01 from sunmilo with a 240mm fan mount at the bottom

Ganelon

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2017
I guess i should probably do a review of this case.....
I dunno, I'm not getting much out of case reviews these days. Given enough pictures of a case, there's very little a reviewer can add other than the "general feel" of building in the case and any niggles like "I needed an audio cable extender" or whatever, which are never dealbreakers.

I can guess that the main pros would be the size, the good looks, the solid construction, the ability to fit a 120mm AiO with a small GPU, the full-length GPU support, and good cable routing. The cons would be needing two small fans for proper exhaust, the inability to fit an AiO and full-length GPU at the same time, and the fact that the GPU is starved for air.

The only things I look at reviews for nowadays is generally GPUs (for the cooling/noise performance) and CPU coolers (for compatibility and the cooling/noise performance).

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I think for these ones the review is important to go into some of the details rather than just a broad overview - since you cant really get one in front of you very easily. The Primo cases have really good build quality but it has a lot of minor quirks that I don't like, and they aren't obvious until you get one in person :(

For example, the bottom 80mm fan mount wont fit a Noctua fan with the rubber padding because it rubs up against the Power cable too much. The case will support Flex ATX motherboard but doesn't include standoffs for the extra 2 mounting points. The cables are hard to route in front of the motherboard. It has places for mounting drives which they don't tell you in the manual (up to 4 SSD's and 1 3.5 drive total can fit, maybe even 6 SSD's if you get a different bracket). You can also add more room for the GPU by using a slim 120mm fan on the front and putting it on the "outside" of the front frame since it has enough room. It's also got alot of room for cable management on the back side which was pretty impressive. It's just a lot of little things on this. I use it for my personal workstation and I want to love this case, it's really so friggin close to be amazing but too many quirks or things left undone :(

Ganelon

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2017
I use it for my personal workstation and I want to love this case, it's really so friggin close to be amazing but too many quirks or things left undone :(

I'm in a similar position with my current personal rig, which uses a Raijintek Metis (which is pretty similar in layout to the Primo). I want to love it, but the poor build quality, lack of ventilation and lack of cable routing options make me itch for a better solution. Which is why I tried to buy the Primo, and why I'm on this thread.

Honestly I'm pretty close to eating the cost and commissioning someone to design a case to my specifications and have it bespoke manufactured. I have multiple ideas for unique sff layouts and who knows, with a couple prototypes I could have a kickstarter or something in the future. The only thing is that if I were to go that route, I would want multiple case designs made up so that my company's launch wouldn't be all-eggs-in-one-basket. Even though that's been a successful strategy with the A4-SFX, S4 Mini, NCase M1 and others, it's not a strategy I like. Plus, I think I have some interesting ideas for part modularity and ikea-style self-assembly that would keep manufacturing costs down.

Maybe I'll invest my time into learning to use CAD properly.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Peel off the wrapping, would like to see how that glass looks :)

The Primo p115 isn't so bad. Can think of alot of ways it could be improved though.... My GTX750 ti gets to around 85C in there :(

Yeah, that would definitely need top vents. I imagine the Raijintek Metis has the same GPU heating problems.

Ganelon

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2017

Question- do you see any way to jerry-rig an SFX PSU into this little thing (assuming an ITX mobo)? And will it accept full-width GPUs or only low-profile ones?

I'm thinking that if you can put the front intake fans as high up as possible, an SFX PSU might be able to fit on the bottom right at the front, extension routed from the very front to the very back (cutting out the DC in for the AC in). With an ITX mobo, and a thin rad, you might even be able to get a dual AiO in there. And then maybe even a hybrid GPU with a single rad in the bottom? From the pics all of this looks (just) possible. What do you think?

Edit: wait, are those even 120mm fans? Or 92mm? I can't even tell.

Last edited:

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Question- do you see any way to jerry-rig an SFX PSU into this little thing (assuming an ITX mobo)? And will it accept full-width GPUs or only low-profile ones?

I'm thinking that if you can put the front intake fans as high up as possible, an SFX PSU might be able to fit on the bottom right at the front, extension routed from the very front to the very back (cutting out the DC in for the AC in). With an ITX mobo, and a thin rad, you might even be able to get a dual AiO in there. And then maybe even a hybrid GPU with a single rad in the bottom? From the pics all of this looks (just) possible. What do you think?

Edit: wait, are those even 120mm fans? Or 92mm? I can't even tell.

92 :(

I don't think an SFX will fit but I can try.

Ganelon

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2017
92 :(

I don't think an SFX will fit but I can try.

Hm. Well if it can't fit a 240 rad there's no real reason to try. An HDPlex would be cleaner, and if it's all that's required by the system then that's that.

It would be nice to have a system just like it, but ITX-only, with 120mm fan mounts and a bottom sfx psu mount. Then you really could do front-intake 240 rad, 120 GPU rad on the bottom in front of the PSU, and exhaust out the top. I don't think it would be much bigger at all.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Yeah I did a sketchup design that was extremely similar to this case but with 120mm fans and 3.5 drive mounting points on the backside (figured having 4x 2.5 would be better than 2!)

I am not sure if this is an improvement over their Metal Solid case, which is a very similar design but with 2x 80mm thin fans at the top and a 1U power supply at the front. I would have preferred they just updated that case with 92mm fans on the top and bottom.

I think if I build another workstation i'll be going with this:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...YfzJIQ&id=544643552283&ns=1&abbucket=9#detail

BTW I'm 99% sure it's not a real jonsbo case.