Other What's on Taobao

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
So I've seen a lot of designs taking inspiration from the Dancase A4, but have yet to see any designs based around the HG Osmi.

Does anyone know of anything similar? I'm mostly looking for something with short (but full height) GPU, 3.5", and 5.25" (slim) drive support.
Lian Li PC-Q02 and Q20 (both available from Taobao) might fit what you are looking for?

bkydcmpr

Caliper Novice
Apr 16, 2017
Also, can't really resist posting this:

The world's most literal "cube case". It's literally a 270mm cube.

I'm both fascinated and terrified in a way I can't explain.
This is a knockoff of Japanese Abee RC04B

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
I'm 100% sure these were made in THE SAME factory as the real ones. Thus, the cause of the ghost delays- the workers had a side project ripping off the original one.
Nah, the spine, base and top are all different, among other things. These changes are all very low impact visually though, it's an extremely accurate clone.

They used the word ghost in the description too.
Oh yeah, they absolutely didn't hold back

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
This is just a shameless plagiarism, even the picture is copied.

it's either Louqe had a local distribution deal, or the worst has happened ._.
(someone email team Louqe?)

Before I go on, I'm not condoning the ghost clone right now. I think it's a clear case of IP theft, and for the thrifty buyer it's the same price, if not more after buyers fees. Ethically, economically and time wise this is NOT better than the OG. But they aren't as exact as you guys seem to think.

The ghost has a smaller information tag beside the mobo io, has a less unibody design with at minimum 2 screws more (highlighted) and of course has the somewhat iconic fabric tab.

The Loli clones spine is much more basic. The mobo cutout is much larger on the Loli, and it has a few more minor changes along the base.

sunmilo

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2018
Before I go on, I'm not condoning the ghost clone right now. I think it's a clear case of IP theft, and for the thrifty buyer it's the same price, if not more after buyers fees. Ethically, economically and time wise this is NOT better than the OG. But they aren't as exact as you guys seem to think.

The ghost has a smaller information tag beside the mobo io, has a less unibody design with at minimum 2 screws more (highlighted) and of course has the somewhat iconic fabric tab.

The Loli clones spine is much more basic. The mobo cutout is much larger on the Loli, and it has a few more minor changes along the base.

His original processing ability is not high, so I suspect it is either a lie or an OEM.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
oh dang. so the worst has happened ._.

The this is called LOLI? W T F
the company's called LOLI. I KNOW, RIGHT?

Curvas

Caliper Novice
Nov 17, 2017

So I think they just copied the case by visually looking at it and made their own model (which is 95% similar to Ghost) ?

Since so many details are distinguishable, like the vent holes on the top, which is unnecessary to change if they'd directly use the 3D model from LOUQE's website. But, what's the date that 3D model is available to download though?

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
So I think they just copied the case by visually looking at it and made their own model (which is 95% similar to Ghost) ?

Since so many details are distinguishable, like the vent holes on the top, which is unnecessary to change if they'd directly use the 3D model from LOUQE's website. But, what's the date that 3D model is available to download though?

The models are currently available on Loques website actually, not sure when that happened though.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c-s.w4004-19015808095.6.163559a5JSiMrQ&id=571416909587
is it the cheapest, smallest, aluminium ITX case that support fullheight short GPU?

That's my favourite layout, however most of the case designs on the forum didn't make it to the end. I was looking for one with absolutely lower than 4 liters then found this;

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/gallon-pc-3d-printable-4l-gaming-case.3641/

It's not metal but I have it 3D printed in ABS plastic. Still waits empty though, cause I passed to a Mac now. If the author don't mind and you are interested, I can send you the files. You can see mine on the last page.

Reactions: Damascus

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
That's my favourite layout, however most of the case designs on the forum didn't make it to the end. I was looking for one with absolutely lower than 4 liters then found this;

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/gallon-pc-3d-printable-4l-gaming-case.3641/

It's not metal but I have it 3D printed in ABS plastic. Still waits empty though, cause I passed to a Mac now. If the author don't mind and you are interested, I can send you the files. You can see mine on the last page.
I love this FF as well, I'm honestly considering trying to get a production run of a slightly modified version with room for a 2x92mm radiator/zotac sized mini + 92mm aio