Other What's on Taobao

fongalv

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2021
I ordered some as well, most of them just require that you leave details under the remarks section for eg. 24p:15cm, 8p, 10cm, etc.

Keleche

Caliper Novice
Feb 9, 2021
Just bought a white AKLLA A4, but from images it doesn't come with a handle/strap on the top. Anybody know where I can buy this separately?

How do you communicate with the seller?

The SF600 comes with a ridiculously long 24 pin cable, and there's no way I'm playing blood prices for the traditional custom cable sites.
You have to download this weird chat app to communicate with the seller. I figured it out and was asking him some questions about the Akkla A4 Pro before I ended up ordering it. I believe all of the A4s come with several top straps. Unless you mean some sort of handle for carrying it in which case I don't know. I can ask the seller for you if you'd like.

sfxbajan

Average Stuffer
Dec 4, 2017
I'm Chinese so I can communicate with the seller without any issue. I have friends in China to help me with the international shipment.
The seller charges me 180 CNY (~$28) for a set of sleeved cables (1 * mobo, 1 * cpu, 2 * pcie 6+2), and 120 CNY (~$19) for a set of silicone cables.
If anyone lives in the Bay Area, I can probably help to give a ride for the shipping. I plan to arrange my next shipment from China in a few days.
You should probably offer some small services for small fee. Be a mediator.

Throw out the question and see if guys are interested. You might be able to save people a lot of hassle.

raginghorsecock

Efficiency Noob
Mar 5, 2021
Which version of Aklla A4 did you buy?
Link?
Basic version. It's the same (at least on images) for virtually every seller--no handle.

One I bought from was this: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id...2400295_36218700225&spm=1101.1101.N.N.f757aeb

I ordered some as well, most of them just require that you leave details under the remarks section for eg. 24p:15cm, 8p, 10cm, etc.
Oh wow. Seriously? Could you link me which seller you did this with? Would love to buy some if that's all it takes.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Basic version. It's the same (at least on images) for virtually every seller--no handle.

One I bought from was this: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id...2400295_36218700225&spm=1101.1101.N.N.f757aeb
What handle do you refer to?
I mean, the top panel just sits on the top, being held down by magnets. If a handle is installed to the top panel, lifting the case up is impossible/dangerous as the magnets are definitely not strong enough.
Or, are you looking for some other type of handle?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
You should probably offer some small services for small fee. Be a mediator.

Throw out the question and see if guys are interested. You might be able to save people a lot of hassle.
Mod-break: As a reminder, commercial activities on this forum need to adhere to the forum rules.

raginghorsecock

Efficiency Noob
Mar 5, 2021
What handle do you refer to?
I mean, the top panel just sits on the top, being held down by magnets. If a handle is installed to the top panel, lifting the case up is impossible/dangerous as the magnets are definitely not strong enough.
Or, are you looking for some other type of handle?
I've seen variants out there with a yellow top handle. It looks cool. It's also to have an easier way of lifting it up, instead of using your fingers.

But maybe it's more minimalistic to have it, I guess.

fongalv

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2021
These were what I last ordered from various shops on TB.

The custom cables were from here:

Do note though that I too speak/read mandarin so it was definitely easier;)

Do check out the funky 24p cabling too...I inquired about them upon receipt and they reassured me that its right/safe.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Do check out the funky 24p cabling too...I inquired about them upon receipt and they reassured me that its right/safe.
Looks like a Corsair PSU-side 24-pin setup to me. Remember, PSU-side connectors are typically not the same as device-side ones (AFAIK Silverstone and HDPlex are among the few using the same connector on both ends). Most PSUs have voltage sense pins to provide feedback to the PSU on what voltage is actually reaching components (to account for voltage drop over cables etc.) which means you'd need extra wires (for the 24-pin that means at least three extra; one 12V sense, one 5V sense and one 3.3V sense). Given that a 28-pin connector would be absolute hell to install/remove, splitting it into two makes more sense. Though it looks like your cable (as with many custom cables) is just bridging the sense wires directly to the PSU output, which means the PSU won't be able to account for wire voltage drop to the same degree as when using the stock wires. Given the short length of the output wires this is typically a perfectly fine solution - voltage drop increases with wire resistance, i.e. thinner and/or longer wires = more voltage drop.

fongalv

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2021
Looks like a Corsair PSU-side 24-pin setup to me. Remember, PSU-side connectors are typically not the same as device-side ones (AFAIK Silverstone and HDPlex are among the few using the same connector on both ends). Most PSUs have voltage sense pins to provide feedback to the PSU on what voltage is actually reaching components (to account for voltage drop over cables etc.) which means you'd need extra wires (for the 24-pin that means at least three extra; one 12V sense, one 5V sense and one 3.3V sense). Given that a 28-pin connector would be absolute hell to install/remove, splitting it into two makes more sense. Though it looks like your cable (as with many custom cables) is just bridging the sense wires directly to the PSU output, which means the PSU won't be able to account for wire voltage drop to the same degree as when using the stock wires. Given the short length of the output wires this is typically a perfectly fine solution - voltage drop increases with wire resistance, i.e. thinner and/or longer wires = more voltage drop.
Many thanks fro the detailed explanation. At their reassurance, I have already plugged it into the system and have been running it for the past weekXD

edwinbradford

Caliper Novice
Apr 22, 2020
Anyone know of any cases presumably under 4 liters with an external PSU---preferably aluminium but doesn't have to be---that support a low profile or short length discrete graphics card? It doesn't have to be on TaoBao but I've been looking for months and I don't believe one exists in the West. I could easily find an APU case I like but I'm hesitant to build a new system without a discrete graphics card because historically I've found upgrading my graphics card has extended the life of my system by several years.

Here's an example in a Streacom FC1, it has everything I'm looking for but was heavily modified. I expect the thermals aren't great, not sure if that matters, and I don't have the equipment or really want to start cutting apart a new case. Here's another exxample in the same case, amazing job but again beyond my means without a garage and equipment.

On Taobao the nearest case designs I've found are those like a Six Pigeons LG K2S and a WDEAN DORA R2S. Those cases include a 1U or Flex PSU in the case so are larger volumes than I would prefer if I'm being a perfectionist.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
On Taobao the nearest case designs I've found are those like a Six Pigeons LG K2S and a WDEAN DORA R2S. Those cases include a 1U or Flex PSU in the case so are larger volumes than I would prefer if I'm being a perfectionist.
Let's start with SGPC k29, which is 3.9 litres + takes 1U PSU + all aluminum + discrete display card (180mm long + 43mm thick).

edwinbradford

Caliper Novice
Apr 22, 2020
Let's start with SGPC k29, which is 3.9 litres + takes 1U PSU + all aluminum + discrete display card (180mm long + 43mm thick).
Thanks, yes I found that one, I didn't realise it was aluminium and isn't that form factor generally referred to as console format. It's certainly a possibility but on balance I'd probably just go for a Sentry clone as I think the original Sentry isn't available now anyway.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Anyone know of any cases presumably under 4 liters with an external PSU---preferably aluminium but doesn't have to be---that support a low profile or short length discrete graphics card? It doesn't have to be on TaoBao but I've been looking for months and I don't believe one exists in the West. I could easily find an APU case I like but I'm hesitant to build a new system without a discrete graphics card because historically I've found upgrading my graphics card has extended the life of my system by several years.

Here's an example in a Streacom FC1, it has everything I'm looking for but was heavily modified. I expect the thermals aren't great, not sure if that matters, and I don't have the equipment or really want to start cutting apart a new case. Here's another exxample in the same case, amazing job but again beyond my means without a garage and equipment.

Have you looked at the Lone L5, little bigger at 4.6l but seems to check your other boxes.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Thanks, yes I found that one, I didn't realise it was aluminium and isn't that form factor generally referred to as console format. It's certainly a possibility but on balance I'd probably just go for a Sentry clone as I think the original Sentry isn't available now anyway.
If you prefer non-console style case, how about:-
a) M24 (ver 2.0) - 3.9 litres, all aluminum, 1U PSU, 180mm full height GPU)

b) SeaDamaged SE Mini4 - 4.0 litres, carbon fibre, 1U PSU, 175mm GPU)

c) V32 Pro - 3.4 litres, all aluminum, single slot half height GPU, Meanwell internal power supply)

edwinbradford

Caliper Novice
Apr 22, 2020
Have you looked at the Lone L5, little bigger at 4.6l but seems to check your other boxes.
Yes, a great choice, probably about the best I've found and I believe Lone Industries is active on these forums and very helpful. The L5 is usually sold out although they may be produced from time to time. I think it's steel which isn't that much of a negative for me and I'm in the UK so the shipping and import fees would bump the price up over here. I really like the dual fan design. Anyway you reminded me about it and I've subscribed to the Lone Industries mailing list in the even that they're back in production.

raginghorsecock

Efficiency Noob
Mar 5, 2021
In case anyone wants super detailed photos of the Akkla A4 Pro in gray, you'll definitely enjoy the photos here: 「灰」AKLLA A4 Pro 装机 - 知乎 (zhihu.com)
I can't wait for mine to arrive. I ordered it via Taobao directly about 2 weeks ago.

edit: added a word
So it was the pro that had the handle? Hmmm

Didn't even know a "pro" existed...the silver finish is honestly way better than the white, which I only ordered cause no other alternative existed.

Any chance to order the pro without type-C? I really see no need for it, and just want a cleaner finish both on the outside and inside (in terms of cabling).

These were what I last ordered from various shops on TB.

That's cool! Would you mind showing what exactly you wrote in your specifications, so that I can just copy that? I'm very insecure about these things.

I've btw ordered one of those angled adapter inputs you have there for the 24 pin on my motherboard too--only that it's 90 degrees and not 180. This will just make it easier for cable management, as I want to route the cable beneath the PSU and com out to the right straight into the 24 pin adapter

I'll also route the PSU cable on the back, beneath the motherbaord itself, to come out and into the 180 degree adapter input.